2020 US Election mega thread - Page 133 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 133 of 146 FirstFirst ... 123 132 133 134 143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 2903

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We can play word games all day. And if you're trying to make an argument that Trump owns the courts due to those appointments, you'd be wrong too(obviously based on what just happened). Technically, cronyism, blackmail, threats, etc own the courts.
    Based on what's happened, it's proven that the law runs the Courts. Republicans made the bet that they could deal with 5 or so years of Trump if it means they can stack the Courts with conservative-leaning judges, Senators and Representatives so that they can do things like pass tax cuts, maintain the 2nd Amendment and repeal both Obamacare and Roe v Wade - all of which are part of the Republican platform but relies on certain interpretations of case law to do so.

What the Constitution is pretty cut and dry on are things like confirming the electoral process, civil procedure and the general rule of law. The Trump Campaign had over 60 lawsuits dismissed for lack of evidence (and in some cases, lack of a coherent argument) - many of them by Republican-appointed judges. In fact, the whole point of the Constitution was to prevent the kind of loyalty that the Trump Campaign and the Republicans were asking for.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    Based on what's happened, it's proven that the law runs the Courts. Republicans made the bet that they could deal with 5 or so years of Trump if it means they can stack the Courts with conservative-leaning judges, Senators and Representatives so that they can do things like pass tax cuts, maintain the 2nd Amendment and repeal both Obamacare and Roe v Wade - all of which are part of the Republican platform but relies on certain interpretations of case law to do so.

What the Constitution is pretty cut and dry on are things like confirming the electoral process, civil procedure and the general rule of law. The Trump Campaign had over 60 lawsuits dismissed for lack of evidence (and in some cases, lack of a coherent argument) - many of them by Republican-appointed judges. In fact, the whole point of the Constitution was to prevent the kind of loyalty that the Trump Campaign and the Republicans were asking for.
    Yes they followed the constitution to a T for certifying fraudulently gained electoral college votes. That was not the issue. Again, real big difference between being dismissed for no evidence, and just being dismissed without viewing the evidence. That really shows you how messed up things are, when a judge can just say "I don't like you, get out of my court"

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    *Location: Medicine Hat* Story checks out. I bet you I probably know that person or at least the circle of people they roll with (or used to roll with before they went a little to far)
    Probably. There's a group of people that I hang out with a little bit, that all used to work for the same frac companies around town.

The guy I was specifically talking about isn't local or part of that group, but other than the McDonald's meat it's pretty much the same.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    ute

My Ride
    Silverado

No idea why white guys are getting mad

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    That was a lame facsimile of the wokie vs racist one.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    That was a lame facsimile of the wokie vs racist one.
    I still liked it.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post

No idea why white guys are getting mad
    Ya white guys are super hard done by

Nobody can play the victim quite like a white man seeing others getting things he’s always had.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Nobody can play the victim quite like a white man seeing others getting things he’s always had.
    Just be prepared for the unintended consequences if you are going to make it a competition between genders and races.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Who knew White Man’s Burden would be the 2021 policy guidebook.

I guess it’s all good if you are getting the free gibs
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Ya white guys are super hard done by
    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    I'm not fully aware of US structure and relief efforts, but what advantages have been given to white small business owners? Honestly, I doubt the system being worked on drastically favours POC and the benefits will be available to all people. Even the video from Biden was good. But when this is the quote "Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses, and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild." — President-elect Biden" you are going to rustle some jimmies.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 01-11-2021 at 11:10 AM.

So parler is officially down, but not before hackers did their thing. If the following is all true, this is probably one of the funniest things to come of all this and should make it way easier to arrest and prosecute.
    Name:  4E17EB50-83E4-4806-B87B-0CE02D4F6A5A.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  117.5 KB

EDIT: this has been debunked. They didn't take over any admin accounts - everything was public. See donk_enby on twitter
    Last edited by sabad66; 01-12-2021 at 04:42 PM.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

See shit like that is why I have an aversion to any service with intrusive "know your customer" verification. Even if THEY aren't going to do anything bad with it, someone who gains access to their system certainly can.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Not saying thats fake but I highly doubt you can just do a API push and make an administration account without needing credentials. Then again some IT people are pretty stupid but that's a pretty massive flaw in a site design. I do hope it's kinda true though just to see the chaos.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    See shit like that is why I have an aversion to any service with intrusive "know your customer" verification. Even if THEY aren't going to do anything bad with it, someone who gains access to their system certainly can.
    We have been trained for a decade now in not understanding what an app/service does other than function on the surface. To assume any communication platform isn't traceable is pretty ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Not saying thats fake but I highly doubt you can just do a API push and make an administration account without needing credentials. Then again some IT people are pretty stupid but that's a pretty massive flaw in a site design. I do hope it's kinda true though just to see the chaos.
    It kind of makes sense if they coded a hard dependency on twilio’s service without any exception handling if the service was down. Basically just took over an admin account and then created more, which all had access to the data apis.

I haven’t done web development since 4th year uni so I have no idea how feasible this is but we will find out soon enough either way. I’ve already seen a few alleged links to the data dumps but haven’t clicked or looked into any yet.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Last edited by Xtrema; 01-11-2021 at 11:27 AM.

"We the left are collectively here to look out for the best interests of humanity by protecting free speech and viscously attacking anything we don't agree with. You disagree? I will ruin your life.
    Also, check out these sick Air Jordan's I got for free! they were just lying around in a building I walked into that had no door on it while everything else was on fire, cool eh?"

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    We have been trained for a decade now in not understanding what an app/service does other than function on the surface. To assume any communication platform isn't traceable is pretty ignorant.
    You'd think with massive data breaches happening every year, people would be more careful with who they give it to. You would think.

Page 133 of 146 FirstFirst ... 123 132 133 134 143 ... LastLast