Quantcast
What are going rates for social media managers? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are going rates for social media managers?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then how will you deal with them in person? Learning to take things at face value and not be affected by people who act/speak differently than you is going to be key to any kind of real success. You CAN deal with them if you decide to, you're the only one who can choose how to handle/respond to people or situations. You decide how you feel. It's all your choice.

Once you understand that and begin to learn how to practice it life will become exponentially easier by the day. Dealing with those people isn't the hard part, learning how to deal with yourself is where the difficulty lies.
    Dealing with people IRL is much easier than those behind a screen, I've been self employed for 15 years and I'm not homeless yet lol I get what you're saying tho

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    I mean tbh you won't really sell in person training off social media to a random. What it's really good for is holding clients you already have accountable and having a real time business card. Most of your clients are gonna come from your natural market or from prospecting. My advice worry about getting as much experience as possible, educate yourself and the rest will take care of itself. I've been in the industry for 8 years and just started making bank the last 3.

800 followers but my business is easily over 100k
    See that's what I'm talking about right there! Quality vs quantity. If 800 is all it takes, I got that all day. I hit almost 600 in a week and a week later had to delete it lol so then it'll be a matter of building it up again and then passing it on to someone to manage.

I don't plan on relying 100% on IG for clientele, far from it. But to showcase results you get for people it's an amazing platform and that's what I want to use it for, when I go to Mexico I don't feel I need to share that, nor what I had for breakfast, or the car I drive (or rented in most cases haha)

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This is awesome.
    Yes it is awesome. I'm involved.

Wait a minute- how can it be awesome? I'm not posing in front of a rented Lambo with my shirt off. wtf???

Yeah, thought so. GTFO here

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

The issue with offering a service though is you do need to share who YOU are, especially in a crowded space. People have options for just receiving good service with good results. If you look at the people that are most successful at harnessing social media they not only post about what they do but also about themselves, how they spend their personal time, their values, etc

I’m not saying go and be fake, but just like networking in person, you need to show your potential clientele something they can relate to and build trust in you on top of your professional qualifications

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    The issue with offering a service though is you do need to share who YOU are, especially in a crowded space. People have options for just receiving good service with good results. If you look at the people that are most successful at harnessing social media they not only post about what they do but also about themselves, how they spend their personal time, their values, etc

I’m not saying go and be fake, but just like networking in person, you need to show your potential clientele something they can relate to and build trust in you on top of your professional qualifications
    Ya? Soon as clients know about my hobbies via casual chit chat often times they'd figure I was making too much money hauling garbage and I'd lose customers. When I had my modded STi I went to pick up a cheque in it, I got fired from a management company because they figured the only way I could afford that car was because I was ripping them off.

Plus, I genuinely don't feel a need to share the more fun things in my life, I really don't. I'm gonna do those things regardless of whether it's posted online. I prefer to keep my life to myself and stay on point and on topic when on an avenue that is, or is part of my meal ticket.

I get what you're saying and off the top of my head I can think of one person who operates exactly as you described and is very successful. I don't think that M.O. is for me tho.

I know it's a cheesy line from a cheesy (but good) movie but I think Mark Wahlberg said it best in Pain and Gain. The hardest part about changing yourself, is changing how other people see you. Now I don't know if that line was meant to drive home how stupid his character was in the movie or if it actually had a meaning but like it or not it resonates with me and I can relate to that statement very well.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 02-05-2019 at 01:15 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    When I had my modded STi I went to pick up a cheque in it, I got fired from a management company because they figured the only way I could afford that car was because I was ripping them off.

Now I'd never say that all property managers are Jews but they're definitely all Jew"ish".

Most universally cheap set of grinders in the world those guys!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    NC1

Authenticity and direct engagement via social media is huge now. Good luck with your venture heavyfuel!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

In my experience it's very difficult to outsource someone that gives a single shit about your business, ESPECIALLY if they have multiple other clients to worry about. I see this all the time in all different kinds of work - I can only imagine how bad it would be with something as easy to half-ass like social media. Find someone with a vested interest in your business doing well, and it's a completely different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    You should hire someone to post on here for you as well.
    I died.

Heeeeeere we go! Classic.

How much do you charge? You seem so original and on point.
    Learn to laugh at yourself. You seem stressed out when you post on here. Remaining playfully amused will do wonders for your ability to deflect negativity and reduce stress.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If I have learned anything from this thread, its that heavyfuel definitely should pay someone to interact with people over the internet for him rather than do it himself.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    If I have learned anything from this thread, its that heavyfuel definitely should pay someone to interact with people over the internet for him rather than do it himself.

And thankfully he knows that. That's the entire point of this thread.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    And thankfully he knows that. That's the entire point of this thread.
    Exactly, I don't really get the hassling (and I love to fucking hassle) other than that's Beyond haha Knows his weaknesses, chooses which ones to work on and which ones aren't worth working on changing to him. The way I understand the read is he has no interest changing things that would, in his opinion, require him to change his core beliefs because it wouldn't be genuine. Nothing wrong with that. Straightforward,no bullshit, good guy. Glad he's back.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    V8s

Yes it is awesome. I'm involved.

Wait a minute- how can it be awesome? I'm not posing in front of a rented Lambo with my shirt off. wtf???

Yeah, thought so. GTFO here
    Haha you need to chill man. You posted a thread looking for someone to interact with people online your behalf because you don't have the patience for it... and in said thread you lost your patience while interacting with people on the internet. How can you not see the humor there? Tell me to GTFO again if it makes you feel better, this is highly entertaining. Don't take it so personally, it's the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Exactly, I don't really get the hassling (and I love to fucking hassle) other than that's Beyond haha Knows his weaknesses, chooses which ones to work on and which ones aren't worth working on changing to him. The way I understand the read is he has no interest changing things that would, in his opinion, require him to change his core beliefs because it wouldn't be genuine. Nothing wrong with that. Straightforward,no bullshit, good guy. Glad he's back.
    There ya go! That's a clean 1000 yd kill shot to the head, some Chris Kyle shit right there. That's all it is! I am certainly a lot of things and genuine is one of them. Like it or not you need a certain level of fake to thrive on social media especially Instagram and I'm just not built that way and I don't see why I should try to change that. Humanity is in a crisis right now. There's less and less human interaction, the internet allows anybody to be whatever they want and we're all really losing touch and fast... throw in the rise of AI... hey I think I got a blessing in disguise here that I can't be on social media. I do tons of cool shit and eat tons of delicious meals and gawd, I can't for the life of me understand why I need to seek gratification from strangers for something I enjoy doing anyways! And what's in return? Selfie after selfie after selfie... like, Christ we know what we look like... the person posting 4, 5, 10 selfies/day and every meal they eat, you gonna tell me that's not pure insecurity right there? C'mon you guys are an intelligent bunch... happy Monday, happy Tuesday, happy hump day, what is this, Happy Days all over again? Do I got 800 Fonzies following me? Ugh. It's really sad to see humanity going to shit like this... Who's seem An American Meme on Netflix? Does that not just horrify you?

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Haha you need to chill man. You posted a thread looking for someone to interact with people online your behalf because you don't have the patience for it... and in said thread you lost your patience while interacting with people on the internet. How can you not see the humor there? Tell me to GTFO again if it makes you feel better, this is highly entertaining. Don't take it so personally, it's the internet.
    Oh so you can dish out a passive aggressive jab from behind your screen but can't take one in return hence I'm the one who needs to chill? Hmmmm...

I see tons of humor here, but most likely not what you're seeing.

My Ride
    NC1

Not disagreeing with you bro but perhaps perspective adjustment?

Treat it like a game? lol

Trust me I would love to be my authentic self all the time too but I got bills to pay and if it requires eating dirt (Gary V) lol it is what it is haha
    I am user #49

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Trust me I would love to be my authentic self all the time too but I got bills to pay
    This.
    I like neat cars.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Over 42k followers, so thanks for the compliment but nope lol

I figured it out. And it's fucking genius!

Thanks for all the input!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I figured it out. And it's fucking genius!

Thanks for all the input!
    Glad to hear it buddy. Want to help the rest of us out and let us know what choice you made?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    NC1

Put in the hard work and stick it to the haters.

Add oil heavy fuel!
    I am user #49

My Ride
    TypeR

Ya? Soon as clients know about my hobbies via casual chit chat often times they'd figure I was making too much money hauling garbage and I'd lose customers. When I had my modded STi I went to pick up a cheque in it, I got fired from a management company because they figured the only way I could afford that car was because I was ripping them off.

Plus, I genuinely don't feel a need to share the more fun things in my life, I really don't. I'm gonna do those things regardless of whether it's posted online. I prefer to keep my life to myself and stay on point and on topic when on an avenue that is, or is part of my meal ticket.
    The thing is though as a trainer you are basically selling a lifestyle.

You will lose way more customers if they think you are broke hahahah
    The last person id ever buy training from is someone that has alot of availability or someone that is broke because that usually means he is no good.

You need to remember in the end people want to buy your lifestyle, what you can do for them and your community (aka your clients).
    Last edited by scboss; 02-07-2019 at 04:36 AM.
    IG:scboss

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast