Quantcast
Cell Phones - black friday or boxing day? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Cell Phones - black friday or boxing day?

Default Cell Phones - black friday or boxing day?

Looking at upgrading my phone under my corporate account and right now they are offering a unlimited plan with 10gigs data on rogers for 60 dollars a month and will offer free financing of the S20 FE for 15 dollars a month on a 2 year term.

Do you think deals might get better on boxing day instead? Rogers doesn't want to give me a hint unfortunately

My Ride
    *The First*

I think now. I believe retailers are concerned about lockdown and want to move units, now.

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at upgrading my phone under my corporate account and right now they are offering a unlimited plan with 10gigs data on rogers for 60 dollars a month and will offer free financing of the S20 FE for 15 dollars a month on a 2 year term.

Do you think deals might get better on boxing day instead? Rogers doesn't want to give me a hint unfortunately
    EEP for telus is 20gb for $50. Add onto that the financing of your favorite phone. Only $130 the iphone 12 pro right now but the iphone 11 and other non apple devices are getting a $300 hardware credit.

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    EEP for telus is 20gb for $50. Add onto that the financing of your favorite phone. Only $130 the iphone 12 pro right now but the iphone 11 and other non apple devices are getting a $300 hardware credit.
    the 20GB for $50 is BYOD only unfortunately. Can't do it with a financed device as far as i'm aware. I do see these that are eligible for device financing:
    10GB/$60
    20GB/$63.75
    30GB/$70
    20GB Connect (shared with devices) for $68/month

all of these are "peace of mind" so unlimited throttled after you finish your allotment.

Indeed it sucks that the credit is only $120 for a 12 Pro while most other phones have way bigger discounts and some even with free earbuds etc. I might call a physical store today and see if they are offering anything better, although i don't know if they can do EPP.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    the 20GB for $50 is BYOD only unfortunately. Can't do it with a financed device as far as i'm aware. I do see these that are eligible for device financing:
    10GB/$60
    20GB/$63.75
    30GB/$70
    20GB Connect (shared with devices) for $68/month

all of these are "peace of mind" so unlimited throttled after you finish your allotment.

Indeed it sucks that the credit is only $120 for a 12 Pro while most other phones have way bigger discounts and some even with free earbuds etc. I might call a physical store today and see if they are offering anything better, although i don't know if they can do EPP.
    Looks like you are correct. I was told wrong by the corp CSR.

Still, its a good deal. Its basically 10-20% off the plan plus a pile of device credits. If you are looking for deals, best buy is offering $100+ gift cards on top of EPP plan. Was $300 i think on the phone 11. Im looking for a 12 pro and they are sold out everyone in town (Med Hat).

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Looks like you are correct. I was told wrong by the corp CSR.

Still, its a good deal. Its basically 10-20% off the plan plus a pile of device credits. If you are looking for deals, best buy is offering $100+ gift cards on top of EPP plan. Was $300 i think on the phone 11. Im looking for a 12 pro and they are sold out everyone in town (Med Hat).
    Best Buy can do EPP?? I was about to pull the trigger today on a 12 Pro thru Telus' website, but if they can do it at BB with a GC on top might as well do that.

Best Buy can do EPP?? I was about to pull the trigger today on a 12 Pro thru Telus' website, but if they can do it at BB with a GC on top might as well do that.
    Well its a moot point anyways as i just called a few BBs and none of them have a 12 Pro in stock.

Most major retailers can see the EPP pricing.