Shooting at CrossIron Mills - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shooting at CrossIron Mills

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was it a Five dollah milkshake?
    Inflation has totally ruined that line in the movie.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    you're trying to hard
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Well yeah, of course there will be way more in the USA than Canada. Population of ~37M vs ~327M, way more gang violence (around 80% of the gun deaths are gang related and often with illegal firearms), lower access to quality education, larger barriers to healthcare and mental health help, 50 different background check systems that don't talk to each-other, etc. It's a lot more complicated than that.
    There are populations far larger than the United States that have far less gun violence than the United States that also have lower access to quality education, larger barriers to healthcare and mental health help. China for example. In addition the amount of deaths is less irrelevant than the death rate. In that instance the United States still fails even though all those institutions are far better in the United States than most other countries. The United States is in the top ten for highest firearm related death rate, where it is only beaten by third world countries such as El Salvador, Honduras, Columbia, and Jamaica. Canada's rate is actually 5 times less than the United States and our per capita gun ownership is comparable yet some people here still think we need to follow their gun policy.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Huh
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]87541[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Agreed, I don't need concealed or open carry - just castle doctrine or whatever to ensure anyone caught breaking into my family home never leaves under their own power.
    Now this I support. I don't feel like wandering around bars, restaurants, sporting events where people have weapons and are emotionally charged. However defending myself and my family is a different matter. I always appreciate the saying "I'd rather be judged by 12 of my peers than carried by 6 of them".
    Cos...

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Most of the shootings are gang on gang if not all. Gun crime in Calgary is puny.

Shooting and operating a gun is usually in a very controlled environment like a gun range.

Look at this scenario.
    Wannabe Rambo is sitting eating a double bacon cheeseburger with is wife and children. Gunman walks in and takes out rival gang member. Everyone is screaming and panicking.
    Rambo thinks to himself ‘Oh god, this is the moment I have been waiting for all my life. I was born for this’. Rambo struggles to get out of his chair because he is so wedged in because he is so fat. His wife and is screaming noooo. Rambo snaps back ‘I must protect my family!!’.
    As he gets out, draws his concealed gun, he stumbles (he belly unbalances him) and falls sideways into his neighbours table knocking off their $5 milkshake. Rambos gun accidently fires, the bullet ricochets off something comes back and hits him in the dick. He hits the floor face down ass up. The screams of his wife and sobbing children fill the air. The $5 milkshake is plastered all over the table and floor like a Tarintino movie.
    The gunman looks in bewilderment and walks out.

Carrying a gun, being able to draw and fire under due stress with innocent bystanders are two separate things.
    One might think they are Rambo. But they don’t have the training to operate that weapon under due stress in a public environment.

Guns are not even the issue here in Alberta. One has more chance of their family member getting addicted to opoids and overdosing than getting shot in Alberta.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Guns are not even the issue here in Alberta. One has more chance of their family member getting addicted to opioids and overdosing than getting shot in Alberta.
    But you forgot that anyone who has an addition deserves it and by the way that would never happen to MY family or anyone I care about.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Just do your shopping online and avoid these war zones known as malls. Parking by itself makes me want to buy a gun

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Man you guys have no idea how operator af most gun owners are
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Most of the shootings are gang on gang if not all. Gun crime in Calgary is puny.

Shooting and operating a gun is usually in a very controlled environment like a gun range.

Look at this scenario.
    Wannabe Rambo is sitting eating a double bacon cheeseburger with is wife and children. Gunman walks in and takes out rival gang member. Everyone is screaming and panicking.
    Rambo thinks to himself ‘Oh god, this is the moment I have been waiting for all my life. I was born for this’. Rambo struggles to get out of his chair because he is so wedged in because he is so fat. His wife and is screaming noooo. Rambo snaps back ‘I must protect my family!!’.
    As he gets out, draws his concealed gun, he stumbles (he belly unbalances him) and falls sideways into his neighbours table knocking off their $5 milkshake. Rambos gun accidently fires, the bullet ricochets off something comes back and hits him in the dick. He hits the floor face down ass up. The screams of his wife and sobbing children fill the air. The $5 milkshake is plastered all over the table and floor like a Tarintino movie.
    The gunman looks in bewilderment and walks out.

Carrying a gun, being able to draw and fire under due stress with innocent bystanders are two separate things.
    One might think they are Rambo. But they don’t have the training to operate that weapon under due stress in a public environment.

Guns are not even the issue here in Alberta. One has more chance of their family member getting addicted to opoids and overdosing than getting shot in Alberta.
    Thank god we have an expert over here

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    Do you think being able to operate a weapon vs operating a weapon in a situation are the same?

Lol, he's not wrong.

The majority of the population isn't trained to deal with a stressful situation. Now add someone who isn't trained to react appropriately and give them a loaded gun.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

About twenty experts in this thread.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I don't want to have to be a cowboy because a bunch of other people want to be a cowboy.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Man you guys have no idea how operator af most gun owners are
    There’s a huge difference between murdering a bear from your truck and a shooting a gunman in a crowded restaurant.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    there’s a huge difference between murdering a gopher from your truck and a shooting a gunman in a crowded restaurant.
    ftfy

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Just give me the gun. I'll take care of everything.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Do you think being able to operate a weapon vs operating a weapon in a situation are the same?
    Of course not. I don't think anyone is asking for or wanting a "shall issue" system whereby you apply and its granted. Just like licensing there should (and would) be a requirement to maintain certifications pertinent to use of force, and dynamic shooting ability. There are many states that have that requirement as well, and how confident are you that any officer would not be in a "situation" for the first time as well and be equally stressed?

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Lol, he's not wrong.

The majority of the population isn't trained to deal with a stressful situation. Now add someone who isn't trained to react appropriately and give them a loaded gun.
    Generalization. CPS is a really good exception to the general rules due to their officers being allowed range access and ammunition pretty much at will, and their range is great at stress simulation and sensory saturation, but many many police forces just don't get out and shoot beyond qualification (see link below). As well you have the fact that many individuals as officers just aren't firearms guys, and view their firearm as a tool and nothing more. Officers are also exempt from even requiring, or maintaining the basic firearms safety course and licensing (RPAL). Of course there are many that are avid shooters, some competition shooters, and many great natural talent shooters. But that amount is easily eclipsed by the shooting enthusiast crowd who put THOUSANDS of rounds down range, dynamic shooting comps, maintaining very high level shooting certifications. I've shot the AACP qualification, its just not a high level shooting certification, its a 26 round proof of proficiency on operating your firearm. Feel free to read up on it yourself (https://tinyurl.com/y4l5udbh). You may get an officer who shoots this once a year and nothing more, or you may get the guy who just took a canadian title black badge comp.

And don't think I'm ragging on my friends and colleagues, my field is equally susceptible to having many practitioners encounter firsts or have to practice new or very rare skills. We don't have any way to practice it with any realism or mortal consequence either, so we practice. Just like police practice. Firearms enthusiasts are no different.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    About twenty experts in this thread.
    Touche. I was moreso drawing attention to his absurd use of hyperbole and stereotype to really diminish his message

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

These threads are stupid, 100% of the time.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    There’s a huge difference between murdering a bear from your truck and a shooting a gunman in a crowded restaurant.
    I mean, obviously the bear is a much larger target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Just give me the gun. I'll take care of everything.
    Get this man a gun!
    Last edited by killramos; 09-19-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast