Quantcast
Anyone travel to Mexico recently? - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone travel to Mexico recently?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Companies are telling people what they can and can’t do on vacation?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Be aware, Mexico has more travel rules than Alberta. Bring your masks.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    There’s companies that require you to work from home for X days after international travel. That’s about all I have heard.

Just got back the other day.

Resort was no masks anywhere except the buffet. Airport there was definitely nobody giving a fuck about enforcing anything, but most people wearing masks purely out of the fact they were in a different country and not going to fuck around. My kid got really sick and we ended up going to the hospital........... no masks in the hospital. Although they asked me to put one on when I went to the pharmacy afterwards for our prescription.

For anyone that cares, the positive test result from Canada was very easy and effective for return to Canada. I just had to check a few boxes in the ArriveCAN app, and it was done. The Westjet counter asked to see the PCR proof, I showed them on my phone and we were good to go. Got back to Canada through YYC, breezed through immigration, not selected to test, not asked to quarantine or anything.

Main thing to note I would say, is get online and fill out your tourism card and print it off before you go. Our flight did not give any out, and in Terminal 4 there is not a card to be found anywhere. Had to wait through the immigration line just to ask an officer for cards. Then go fill them out, wait in line again(we didn't we just cut in). I actually did fill mine out online the night before, only to see at the end that it needs to be printed off when I was no longer able to access a printer. I was under the impression it was a digital submission.
    Last edited by Misterman; 02-18-2022 at 01:26 AM.

My Ride
    E46 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post

Resort was no masks anywhere except the buffet. Airport there was definitely nobody giving a fuck about enforcing anything, but most people wearing masks purely out of the fact they were in a different country and not going to fuck around. My kid got really sick and we ended up going to the hospital........... no masks in the hospital. Although they asked me to put one on when I went to the pharmacy afterwards for our prescription.

For anyone that cares, the positive test result from Canada was very easy and effective for return to Canada. I just had to check a few boxes in the ArriveCAN app, and it was done. The Westjet counter asked to see the PCR proof, I showed them on my phone and we were good to go. Got back to Canada through YYC, breezed through immigration, not selected to test, not asked to quarantine or anything.

Main thing to note I would say, is get online and fill out your tourism card and print it off before you go. Our flight did not give any out, and in Terminal 4 there is not a card to be found anywhere. Had to wait through the immigration line just to ask an officer for cards. Then go fill them out, wait in line again(we didn't we just cut in). I actually did fill mine out online the night before, only to see at the end that it needs to be printed off when I was no longer able to access a printer. I was under the impression it was a digital submission.
    Good tip, a few of us are heading out these next few weeks. I heard something about a tourism tax we had to pay manually when entering/leaving? No idea what that is. Also is it better to tip with USD or Pesos down there for the locals. It is our first time in Mexico so whole process is new.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The BMW Guy View Post
    Also is it better to tip with USD or Pesos down there for the locals. It is our first time in Mexico so whole process is new.
    Locals prefer USD.. but I usually pay in pesos as whatever they quote you for an exchange is way off. IMO way less thinking about exchange rates when you pay in the Countries currency.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Cabo looks nice, never been to that part, maybe my next trip.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It's nice. Source: I've been.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You are nice, source: I have a crush on you.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

Thanks for sharing. I heard that restrictions for PCR test are going to be completely removed as for March 1st. Which means we won't need to get that done as we leave March 19th.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I heard that restrictions for PCR test are going to be completely removed as for March 1st. Which means we won't need to get that done as we leave March 19th.
    You’ll still (supposedly) need a anti gen test to come back but most resorts are doing them for free

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Spent a week in cabo, had an unreal time. No masks in the hotel at all which was refreshing. No masks at restaurants outside hotel either. Pcr test easy @ $80usd, results in 24hr. Probably head back in March if the snow isn’t primo haha

Quote Originally Posted by The BMW Guy View Post
    Good tip, a few of us are heading out these next few weeks. I heard something about a tourism tax we had to pay manually when entering/leaving? No idea what that is. Also is it better to tip with USD or Pesos down there for the locals. It is our first time in Mexico so whole process is new.
    I never had to pay anything when I was coming or going. The staff seem to prefer USD far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Way too dry, come back to Alberta with skin feeling worse than when you left. Ocean is unusable. Night time gets cold. To each their own, lots of people like it. Personally though, I'll never be back.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Still need a rapid test. All resorts will offer the service on site. At least it's a lot cheaper than PCR.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

I find this surprising, maybe a lot has changed in the few weeks since I went, but it seemed like the local population was definitely pro-mask, some were even wearing them around outside. We figured it's because the tourist dollars matter A LOT and the last thing Mexico wants is to be seen as a Covid hotspot.

Most folks at the resort were not wearing masks around but a good portion were. Masks also required when entering the restaurants / buffets / lobbies.

My Ride
    ute

ya, my wife has been restricted from travelling to certain countries on occasion. Mexico, actually. Kidnapping insurance is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by tcon View Post
    I find this surprising, maybe a lot has changed in the few weeks since I went, but it seemed like the local population was definitely pro-mask, some were even wearing them around outside. We figured it's because the tourist dollars matter A LOT and the last thing Mexico wants is to be seen as a Covid hotspot.

Most folks at the resort were not wearing masks around but a good portion were. Masks also required when entering the restaurants / buffets / lobbies.
    Maybe they have recently realized that being super pro covid controls is the exact opposite thing you want to do when you value tourism. People willing to travel right now, for the most part DGAF about any of that stuff.

Where exactly did you travel and which resort? I was at the Royalton Riviera Cancun. Only off resort travel I did was to the Cancun hospital and the Pharmacy right down the street from that. Our cab drivers both ways did not wear masks. Our private airport transfer drivers did though, it was clearly mandated by their employer. All the resort staff seemed to be wearing masks purely because they were mandated to by their employer as well. Most of them were complying as loosely as possible from what I saw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    ya, my wife has been restricted from travelling to certain countries on occasion. Mexico, actually. Kidnapping insurance is expensive.
    Jesus. What does your wife do that she is at risk of kidnapping? Or is her employer just insane and thinks that's an actual risk for normal people?

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Jesus. What does your wife do that she is at risk of kidnapping? Or is her employer just insane and thinks that's an actual risk for normal people?
    My company has protocols and restricted travel lists too. IDK what countries are on there now, but Mexico was on the yellow list and the likes of Iraq and Afghanistan were on the red

Infact, there's an app we're supposed to "check in" on in these hotspot countries so they can constantly track our movements incase of kidnapping

One of the guys that used to work with us said someone almost got kidnapped in some backwoods shithole in Mexico, but sensibility prevailed and that was the end of it

Assuming Busters wife works for a similar company

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I mean. She has life insurance right?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they have recently realized that being super pro covid controls is the exact opposite thing you want to do when you value tourism. People willing to travel right now, for the most part DGAF about any of that stuff.

Where exactly did you travel and which resort? I was at the Royalton Riviera Cancun. Only off resort travel I did was to the Cancun hospital and the Pharmacy right down the street from that. Our cab drivers both ways did not wear masks. Our private airport transfer drivers did though, it was clearly mandated by their employer. All the resort staff seemed to be wearing masks purely because they were mandated to by their employer as well. Most of them were complying as loosely as possible from what I saw.

- - - Updated - - -

I would guess they have had a few bad experiences historically.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

If you're staying on the resorts for most of the time then I don't imagine kidnapping is a huge concern regardless of where you go.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I’m slightly concerned with kidnapping, I don’t have much reason other than they love blond kids. I love going to Mexico as the people are friendly and generally have better experiences than the other resort countries.

When we go in November we will send the kids to the day care if they want to go they will be 10,7,5. Sometimes they have movie nights so that would be nice to let them have fun till 11pm.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast