Quantcast
Have you or anyone you know gotten COVID? - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you or anyone you know gotten COVID?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Up until yesterday I still hadn't directly known anyone who god the rona (none that told me anyways)

Then yesterday I got news that it has come and gone in 3 households I know. Everyone during that spike we just had.

I have known a fair few who have caught it and every one until just few few days ago said it was incredibly mild the sickness... Then my friends dad caught it who had lifelong kidney issues and died in short order. He was just into his sixties I believe. Now I officially know someone who did not live through it. Granted he had contributing factors, but otherwise he was healthy living his life with his condition and is now gone...

Know in passing a family who has it going through their family with 5 kids. No idea how they contact trace based on their lifestyle and who they saw over long weekend.
    Bunch of idiots. I'm actually surprised they lasted this long staying negative.
    Hoping that ahs is on them heavily. They don't want to go for more tests because that would cause a longer quarantine if anyone else tests positive in the family.
    Their level of quarantine and lockdown abiding has been the equivalent of reusing a condom 25% of the time and hoping for no pregnancy.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Know in passing a family who has it going through their family with 5 kids. No idea how they contact trace based on their lifestyle and who they saw over long weekend.
    Bunch of idiots. I'm actually surprised they lasted this long staying negative.
    Hoping that ahs is on them heavily. They don't want to go for more tests because that would cause a longer quarantine if anyone else tests positive in the family.
    Their level of quarantine and lockdown abiding has been the equivalent of reusing a condom 25% of the time and hoping for no pregnancy.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

My Ride
    '05 Subaru LGT wagon (5MT)

I know one person, my friends' 14 month old. She was a close contact of a case at daycare on a Thursday and was in hospital on Saturday morning, shortly after midnight, with breathing difficulties. Thankfully she was discharged and improved dramatically within about 4 days. Family is still quarantined until some time in June, assuming nobody else develops symptoms. They were one of the most safe families I know with respect to distancing but when schools closed they had no choice but to send the baby to daycare and take their older daughter to work with them.

Worst part is our school has had no cases and was having no staffing problems (not in CBE, or Calgary Catholic) but was still forced to shutdown per the provincial mandate, which was not a public health decision, but an operational decision based on problems that were not affecting every school or board in the province.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Did I post this before? I know a few folks who got it. Some were NBD. Two guys with no obvious heath issues and who are both under 50 were both laid down pretty badly from it, like couldn't walk across a room without getting winded, and it took 1 3 weeks to recover, the other is at 4+ weeks and still feeing quite shitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    I have known a fair few who have caught it and every one until just few few days ago said it was incredibly mild the sickness... Then my friends dad caught it who had lifelong kidney issues and died in short order. He was just into his sixties I believe. Now I officially know someone who did not live through it. Granted he had contributing factors, but otherwise he was healthy living his life with his condition and is now gone...
    when did he get it and die?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    when did he get it and die?
    He went got sick and went into the hospital on April 19 and died on May 05... I didn't know right away it was her dad. For some reason I thought she just had a sick family member. When I found out the details I was heart broken. Such a tight family, not that it would ever be easy in any form.

My Ride
    ute

He went got sick and went into the hospital on April 19 and died on May 05... I didn't know right away it was her dad. For some reason I thought she just had a sick family member. When I found out the details I was heart broken. Such a tight family, not that it would ever be easy in any form.
    was he vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    was he vaccinated?
    I am just getting all the details really but my understanding was he was not yet. He was apparently booked in and hadn't yet received it by the time he caught it.

My Ride
    ute

I am just getting all the details really but my understanding was he was not yet. He was apparently booked in and hadn't yet received it by the time he caught it.
    given the timelines, that's certainly possible.

so shitty

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Delays in government vaccine procurement and distribution are responsible for a non-zero number of deaths. Vaccine hesitancy some additional number. Both are sad.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    R50

BUMP

Double vaccinated, always wore a mask, had not dined out since the beginning. Still caught it (guessing from a Costco trip?) right before the new year. Interestingly, did two rapid test and one was negative while the second was positive. Only took the second one just because there were lingering symptoms. Which does feel like a common cold, weak fever, occasional cough and an itchy throat.

Feels demoralizing to lose this two year game of cat and mouse, but guess nature will always run its course. Let 'er rip indeed.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Fiancé and I had it between Christmas and New Years. Double vax don’t go out much, pretty careful. I think I got it on the 24th at dollarama, the only place I visited. Started feeling poor Sunday the 26th.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnsir View Post
    guess nature will always run its course. Let 'er rip indeed.
    Yessir. Hope your symptoms go away quickly. I've been out lots of places, shocked I haven't caught it, or maybe I did and was asymptomatic? Either way, let 'er rip.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by cdnsir View Post
    BUMP

Double vaccinated, always wore a mask, had not dined out since the beginning. Still caught it (guessing from a Costco trip?) right before the new year. Interestingly, did two rapid test and one was negative while the second was positive. Only took the second one just because there were lingering symptoms. Which does feel like a common cold, weak fever, occasional cough and an itchy throat.

Feels demoralizing to lose this two year game of cat and mouse, but guess nature will always run its course. Let 'er rip indeed.
    the cat and mouse was to get you to the vaccine.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yessir. Hope your symptoms go away quickly. I've been out lots of places, shocked I haven't caught it, or maybe I did and was asymptomatic? Either way, let 'er rip.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of us have had it asymptomatically. Was in a hockey tournament this weekend, 4 games, with some families coming back from testing positive and serving the minimum 5 day stint. If I don’t catch it from this weekend, pretty sure I already got it haha.

Omicron was the talk between everyone this weekend. Some teams that got it, went thru everyone in the locker room. The odds of not getting it are extremely low. Worst symptoms with the kids is a 1 day fever. Let er rip.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If you are alive and didn’t burden the healthcare system by being hospitalized you sure as fuck didn’t lose
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I've had more friends catch covid in the last 2 weeks than the last 2 years. I just wish it would hit a couple of the scum bags I know who have fake vaccination statuses because they want all the privilege's of society without contributing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Silverado

2-3 close friends (+spouses) caught it over the holidays

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast