Quantcast
Android Thread - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

My Ride
    Hybrid

I called a couple days ago for the 5X. They're giving me a "one-time" exception on the Nexus 5X and replacing it out of warranty. Not sure whether to keep the replacement or sell it as a brand new phone and get something that's not plagued with issues.

They cockblocked me when I tried to get help/service for the bootloop issue on my 6P even when it was under warranty, had to take it up directly with Huawei. But I'll give it a shot anyways.

edit: called - no dice. Rep said that Google has a contract with Huawei that Huawei takes care of all battery related issues. Also made a point to tell me multiple times that he's documenting everything I told him and we discussed, so calling multiple times for a better rep probably won't help.
    Last edited by Strider; 09-21-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Anyone know where I can find a deal no contract Pixel XL since the 2 is about to come out in a few weeks? Thanks!

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone know where I can find a deal no contract Pixel XL since the 2 is about to come out in a few weeks? Thanks!
    Kijiji and ebay would be my go to places.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by jaylo View Post
    They had the 400$ off deal on the Pixel XL (unlocked) at koodo but that ended. My wife got in on that deal. She got her Pixel XL for 605$.

But Koodo also has some kick ass deals on the S8, S8+ and the G6. 350 - 400$ off and then you cancel your service with koodo and you can use the phone with whoever you want. That is if you are not 100% set on the Pixel.

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    They had the 400$ off deal on the Pixel XL (unlocked) at koodo but that ended. My wife got in on that deal. She got her Pixel XL for 605$.

But Koodo also has some kick ass deals on the S8, S8+ and the G6. 350 - 400$ off and then you cancel your service with koodo and you can use the phone with whoever you want. That is if you are not 100% set on the Pixel.
    How soon can you cancel your service and what is the minimum plan you need for those discounts? Surely they aren't just taking big hits on the phones because people would be all over that.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    How soon can you cancel your service and what is the minimum plan you need for those discounts? Surely they aren't just taking big hits on the phones because people would be all over that.
    So the deal was you pay 100$ up front and then you owe 500$ on tab. So you sign up for whatever the cheapest plan is.. Receive phone and SIM in mail. Cancel service on day 1.

So 1 month later, they send you the tab balance of 500$ + 1 day of service (2-3$) and that is it.

So the deal was you pay 100$ up front and then you owe 500$ on tab. So you sign up for whatever the cheapest plan is.. Receive phone and SIM in mail. Cancel service on day 1.

So 1 month later, they send you the tab balance of 500$ + 1 day of service (2-3$) and that is it.
    Interesting, I will have to check that out, thanks. I think after December all phones are unlocked too.

My Ride
    ute

What's the full size tablet to get right now

Just to chime in: Don't know what changed, but I finally got Chromecast screen casting working reliably (several hour stretches) on 802.11ac
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    iPad Pro
    Last good tablet imo has been the Nexus 7 version 2 and the Nvidia Shield.
    Samsung has the Tab 3 which I think is similar to an ipad pro at similar pricing ($799), comes with an s-pen.

I just bought an iPad Pro 10.5" because none of the Android manufacturers are putting their high-end hardware into tablets these days. Most of the google apps run well on it and are the most popular apps in the app store haha.

The screen isn't that great and there is the odd bug but overall I think it's the tablet to buy right now.

My Ride
    ute

damn. I just want a simple, but large format (10") tablet for the kids to pound around with educational software.

My Ride
    Grimace

damn. I just want a simple, but large format (10") tablet for the kids to pound around with educational software.
    If you are fine with apple, the 32gb iPad (Basically the refreshed air 2) is now $449 which is pretty good pricing for that segment)
    Costco has some samsung 9.7" tablets, but the cheaper ones run like crap because they are old and way behind on android version (5) while the midrange which is more than the ipad is OK but android 6 and real expensive one that is ipad pro pricing is android 7.
    https://www.costco.ca/tablet-pcs.htm...e=32153+753831
    https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-9-7

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I find my kids like the iPad mini better than a full sized iPad. Refurbed mini 2’s are dirt cheap. Only problem with them is that it doesn’t support AR.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

For the kids I would get a Lenovo Tab 4, it's specifically designed for kids and 10". Well spec'd for the task and cheap if they break it. There is an 8" version as well if you/they prefer: http://www3.lenovo.com/ca/en/tablets...c/tab-4-series

A more expensive option is a standard iPad ($449).

My Ride
    ute

For the kids I would get a Lenovo Tab 4, it's specifically designed for kids and 10". Well spec'd for the task and cheap if they break it. There is an 8" version as well if you/they prefer: http://www3.lenovo.com/ca/en/tablets...c/tab-4-series

A more expensive option is a standard iPad ($449).
    great suggestion! I'm grabbing a new thinkpad this week, so I'll just add this to the order.

edit....annnnd out of stock.

My Ride
    LNF

Does anyone have any recommendations for Message launchers?

My wife has been using her pixel for a month or so and she says that it does not show the small icon to show how many unread texts she has.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Message launchers?

My wife has been using her pixel for a month or so and she says that it does not show the small icon to show how many unread texts she has.
    Android 8.0 shows you a dot that indicates you have unread messages, but it doesn't say the number of unread messages. The default android text app is probably the best one out there (Other than WhatsApp), as long as that the message counter detail isn't a deal breaker. Moving to a crappier app just to get the counter is not something I would recommend unless that is her #1 most wanted feature. The messages also stay in the android notification bar unless dismissed, and in that bar it will tell you how many you have unread.

My Ride
    LNF

Android 8.0 shows you a dot that indicates you have unread messages, but it doesn't say the number of unread messages. The default android text app is probably the best one out there (Other than WhatsApp), as long as that the message counter detail isn't a deal breaker. Moving to a crappier app just to get the counter is not something I would recommend unless that is her #1 most wanted feature. The messages also stay in the android notification bar unless dismissed, and in that bar it will tell you how many you have unread.
    Thanks for the help, It has the dot but she wants the number.. I will try some different messaging apps and see if any are worth keeping.

Also, do you know if there is a certain way to control what shows up on the Android notification bar? She wants to still have the app dot or # on the app but for it to not pop up in the bar, if that makes sense lol.

My Ride
    rally pig

Been thinking of jumping ship to Android from the Iphone 6s as I don't like the direction Apple is going with the 7,8 and 10.

What phone do you guys recommend that are same/better spec than the 6s that won't cost too much either? Looking to spend only around 600-700$.
    I don't do anything intensive on my phone so my only requirements are:
    -bigger screen than the 6s but don't want 6s plus size either
    -decent camera that is comparable to the 6s
    -has hotspot
    -NES and SNES emulator (what do you guys recommend)

thinking of giving the Oneplus 5 a try, either 6GB or 8GB but wanted to see if there's any other ones that I should consider.
    maybe Galaxy S7 edge or even S8?
    Last edited by taemo; 09-28-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast