Quantcast
Discuss cellphone plans - Page 23 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss cellphone plans

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just switched plans online, took 2 minutes. Stoked to not have anymore data overages!

However the guy in chat says there's no such thing as a $10 BYOD credit
    Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    I tried to do it online but because my number is with Koodo, they couldn't do it. I also see nothing that indicates a $10 BOYD discount...
    That is extremely strange because my bill has a line on it that literally says - BOYD Monthly Credit.

Here is a cropped portion from my bill:
    Name:  BYOD.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  12.9 KB
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Thanks for that!

Are you a current customer?
    Ultracrepidarian

I asked about the BYOD discount when i signed up and he said it doesn't exist either.

My guess is that 16hyphyen had this discount already and they possibly forgot to remove it when he switched onto this plan. It certainly wasn't available to me as a new customer at least from the rep i was working with.

Bell is offering the 20GB for $75 plan as well now. It is limited to 24 months.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Public Mobile offering $10/mo off for 8 months on new activations on plans over $35/mo for a limited time.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Additionally i'm getting $200 bill credit on my internet bill for each line i ported over so $400 total, but i do have to pay $35 connection fee on each line so net $330 bill credits. No contract so if rogers gets back to me with a good winback i can always go back. Previously with Rogers i was at $145 for 20GB shared across all devices so this was a no brainer especially no contract.
    Is the port-in bill credit advertised anywhere? How did you sign up in-store/phone/online/chat?
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Is the port-in bill credit advertised anywhere? How did you sign up in-store/phone/online/chat?
    I called them at 1-877-481-2332.

Didn't see the port in credits advertised anywhere so was pleasantly surprised when he mentioned it. My plan was to get details on the phone then signup online to waive the activation fee, but when he mentioned the port in credits i just signed up right on the phone. It was about an hour long call including a credit check so make sure you plan for that.

In my case, the port in credits get applied to your home services bill, not the mobility bill. Not sure if you would get the port in credits if you don't have internet/tv with them.

My Ride
    Hybrid

I called them at 1-877-481-2332.

Didn't see the port in credits advertised anywhere so was pleasantly surprised when he mentioned it. My plan was to get details on the phone then signup online to waive the activation fee, but when he mentioned the port in credits i just signed up right on the phone. It was about an hour long call including a credit check so make sure you plan for that.

In my case, the port in credits get applied to your home services bill, not the mobility bill. Not sure if you would get the port in credits if you don't have internet/tv with them.
    Thanks, I have internet and Pik TV on Telus, so I'll give them a call.
    Actually, IIRC @spikerS mentioned referral hookups before - maybe I'll try him first.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Thanks for that!

Are you a current customer?
    Yes current customer.

I asked about the BYOD discount when i signed up and he said it doesn't exist either.

My guess is that 16hyphyen had this discount already and they possibly forgot to remove it when he switched onto this plan. It certainly wasn't available to me as a new customer at least from the rep i was working with.
    No I just signed up with Telus at the end of November. Left Rogers to go to Telus.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Byod device credit code is CNY2020 but only avail in store at beacon and countryhills

I wish I had heard of this 400 credit. They only mentioned waiving of the 35$ fee and 65$ credit / per phone.

I have internet and pik tv also

My bill is now 60$/ for the Telus 75 20gb plan
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I should also mention that Telus offered me $480 in credits for home services. But the catch was to sign up for another two year term. Not that it's a big deal for two years because Shaw sucks here. So I got the $480 in credits over two years.... nothing really amazingly special but money saved is money saved.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

So I ventured over to the Country Hills Telus and for anyone with just a phone (BOYD) there is no $10 discount unless you bundle home phone or other stuff. Complete online to waive activation fee instead if in-store.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Hybrid

Signed up over the phone
    2 lines
    $75/mo 20gb for each line
    $5/line/mo family discount
    $10/mo bundle credit on home services for 24 months
    $400 port in credit on home services bill

They wouldn't let me stack the Chinese New Year promo ($5/mo for 24 months).

The Telus dealer in BVS told me that the CNY promo was just a rebranding of the home services bundle discount.

I gave fido a call today. They gave me an $80 plan for 15gb and added 5 GB bonus on top of that. Not ideal but It was a 5 min call and I avoid paying a cancellation fee to switch to the other providers.

Tempted to switch tho for fido's win back offer tho.

Signed up over the phone
    2 lines

The Telus dealer in BVS told me that the CNY promo was just a rebranding of the home services bundle discount.
    Nice, similar to what I got. Did you have to pay 35 each line activation fee? My guy wouldn’t budge on that unfortunately but with the 400 bill credits it was easy to stomach

Was able to switch over to the $75 20GB at Telus (previously was on the 10GB peace of mind) even though I had just recently signed up for a new plan back in Dec. They offered me $10 discount due to home services back in Dec, that is going to stay.

Odd that they won't waive the activation fee - I had that waived when I signed up in Dec.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Mobilesyrup is reporting fido giving out a 60$/15gb plan though RFD has most people saying they couldn't get it. It's only for long time customers or perhaps to win old customers back. Though it appears to be different from their targeted 50$/15gb winback promo that happened recently.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/01/22/f...rogers-canada/

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Mobilesyrup is reporting fido giving out a 60$/15gb plan though RFD has most people saying they couldn't get it. It's only for long time customers or perhaps to win old customers back. Though it appears to be different from their targeted 50$/15gb winback promo that happened recently.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/01/22/f...rogers-canada/
    That's the plan I switched from. Got it back in October as a few others here did... The Telus plan ends up cheaper after factoring in all the discounts (assuming you have home services through them).

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Rogers is ending subsidized phone plans. It always bothered me how you still continued to pay the subsidized rate even after the phone's been paid off unless you called in to bitch about it.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/01/28/r...inancing-only/

Toronto-based national telecom company Rogers has officially moved away from device subsidy plans and now only offers device financing to customers.

Financing allows customers to pay off the full cost of the device in 24 equal monthly payments with $0 down and 0 percent interest. Rogers also lets customers combine it with their Upfront Edge program, which reduces the cost of the device if customers agree to return it to Rogers at the end of their contract or pay the difference to own it.

The main argument for the switch to financing is that it makes things more clear for customers. With subsidized plans, the cost of the phone is built into the monthly service cost, making it more difficult for customers to see exactly where their money is going.

Further, with subsidized plans, the portion of the plan that covers the cost of the phone doesn’t go away after the two-year contract ends and the customer has paid off the device (depending on the carrier). With financing, it does. In other words, if you like your plan and you like your phone, when your contract ends, you can keep using both and pay less without having to call your carrier and switch plans.

Signed up over the phone
    2 lines

got my home services bill today and it didn't have the $10/month credit. I ended up calling them and they were able to add it pretty quick starting from next month, but kind of annoying that i had to call to get it applied.

also didn't have the $400 port in credits yet, but they told me upfront that it will take a few billing cycles to see that so no too worried yet

Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast