Quantcast
NBA is back! - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Y'all crazy if you don't think ~6 week offseason + condensed schedule doesn't affect the quality of games. Lebron getting older but he's never been out as long as he has this past regular season. Luka, Mitchell, Morant, Murray, Jaylen Brown all young players with serious injuries at some points of the season.
    Told all you keyboard warriors that we're getting an inferior product this season. How do you not appreciate the strain of a normal season + playoffs and then compound that with 6 week offseason and condensed schedule? Now its Kawhi, Harden, Irving, Embiid, Conley and it keeps going. IF you're gonna say bubble season was a fluke then this season is even more so.

Lebron just went on a twitter rant about the same topic. His message aside the people calling out his ability to construct a proper English sentence is Its funny cuz when you read it in James' voice it makes sense but if you read it in anyone else's voice its pure illiteracy. What the hell is RIM REST?

Last edited by Manhattan; 06-16-2021 at 10:07 PM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Told all you keyboard warriors that we're getting an inferior product this season. How do you not appreciate the strain of a normal season + playoffs and then compound that with 6 week offseason and condensed schedule? Now its Kawhi, Harden, Irving, Embiid, Conley and it keeps going. IF you're gonna say bubble season was a fluke then this season is even more so.

Lebron just went on a twitter rant about the same topic. His message aside the people calling out his ability to construct a proper English sentence is Its funny cuz when you read it in James' voice it makes sense but if you read it in anyone else's voice its pure illiteracy. What the hell is RIM REST?

Still really on the fence about this.

Kyrie's injury is a freak accident. Shit like that happens all the time.

Embiid, Davis and Paul (for his shoulder not the new COVID issue) have a history of injury problems. Paul, moreso during the playoffs.

Lebron can be chalked up to mileage. Yeah, he spends $1M every year on maintenance but he's increasingly asked to do more for longer periods by his teams. That shit is bound to catch up regardless of how much money he spends. Harden is very much in the same boat, though there's no news on how much he spends on body maintenance. He's a very durable guy (and plays practically every game), but he also shouldered a very heavy load for the majority of his career in Houston.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    rally pig

WCF Suns vs Clippers, LAC team stepped up especially PG while Kawhi is injured.

EC are all going to game 7, will be an exciting weekend

My Ride
    NC1

Wild. KD oh so close (not the air ball) The Bucks should steam roll the rest of the way?

Bucks vs Suns final I'm hoping for

2 game 7's on the weekend were instant classics with the favorites in both series lost on their home floor. With how unpredictable this playoffs has been nothing is a lock. One of the few silver linings of so many injuries knocking out the favorites has been the unpredictability of the playoffs. My least favorite part of NBA is the predictability of the season. You typically know who's going to play in the finals at the start of the season and there's only a small handful of interesting/meaningful games in the playoffs. The last championship of the remaining 4 teams was 50 years ago.

What a disaster Simmons has been but its been fascinating to watch arguably one of the best players in the league afraid to shoot or even dunk the ball. That guy needs a new city and some counselling.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post

I don't like Trae Young very much but he's been playing very well throughout these playoffs, even though the Hawks almost gave game 1 away. That Trae / Luka draft trade doesn't look as terrible now considering how the Hawks have been built. They're a better team than the Mavs.
    Young gives me Reggie Miller vibes, which is odd because I like Young and I hated Miller.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    Young gives me Reggie Miller vibes, which is odd because I like Young and I hated Miller.
    That makes sense. I just don't like him, he's talented though. Maybe I'll like him more when he can't hunt for fouls with "unnatural movements" anymore.

Raps should sign and trade Lowry for Simmons since his value hasn't been this low ever haha.

Draft lottery night, along with game 2 suns / clips

My Ride
    NC1

Lol so clippers gonna try to come back from 0-2 again, again? What an ending tho

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    That makes sense. I just don't like him, he's talented though. Maybe I'll like him more when he can't hunt for fouls with "unnatural movements" anymore.

Raps should sign and trade Lowry for Simmons since his value hasn't been this low ever haha.

Draft lottery night, along with game 2 suns / clips
    I kinda want to see if Toronto can swing a trade with Detroit to try to get Cunningham or with Cleveland to get Mobley. But, admittedly, that is a pipe dream because it only benefits the Raptors.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Lol so clippers gonna try to come back from 0-2 again, again? What an ending tho
    too bad Playoff P couldn't handle the pressure of the 2 FT but nice lob pass at the end by the Suns.

Bucks vs Hawks today!

Drafts are notorious for being a crapshoot. You used to be guaranteed a franchise star with the 1st pick every other year or so but its been even more unpredictable lately. Last couple years you had #1 picks like Fultz and Ayton drafted over Tatum and Doncic. There's a star somewhere in the draft but nearly impossible to say where. Raps' thing is drafting and developing under the radar int'l prospects anyway.

David Stern must be rolling in his grave with all these small market teams in the conf finals. Clips are a small market to me since very few ppl in LA follow them.
    Last edited by Manhattan; 06-23-2021 at 01:37 PM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Drafts are notorious for being a crapshoot. You used to be guaranteed a franchise star with the 1st pick every other year or so but its been even more unpredictable lately. Last couple years you had #1 picks like Fultz and Ayton drafted over Tatum and Doncic. There's a star somewhere in the draft but nearly impossible to say where. Raps' thing is drafting and developing under the radar int'l prospects anyway.

David Stern must be rolling in his grave with all these small market teams in the conf finals. Clips are a small market to me since very few ppl in LA follow them.
    That's basically sports in general though. There's a huge amount of luck in determining how a player's career plays out. Factor in that bad teams/organizations get the best prospect, it can be a stacked deck against a prospect to actually succeed. The best thing a top prospect can ask for is that a good team gets decimated by injury that forces them to tank for the year (like the Raptors, for example) and end up in the lottery.

My Ride
    Has wheels

FVV is an allstar!

Trade season is upon us:
    Clips get - Norman Powell & Robert Covington
    Portland - gets Keon Johnson, Eric Bledsoe, Justise Winslow, 2025 second-round pick (via DET)

Does Ben Simmons finally get traded?

Just under a week left before the deadline.

Wow nice upgrade for the clips. None of those players were in their rotation. Looks like Portland are starting a tank job for a draft pick or Lillard gets traded at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

David Stern

My Ride
    rally pig

official now? Nets getting Simmons and Sixers getting Harden?

My Ride
    Has wheels

Raps are rolling, went 5-1 on their road trip. Hoping they can at least jump the cavs for the 6 seed and stay out of the play in.

Tons of big individual scoring lately, Lebron, Irving, Towns etc all going for 50+

Lakers such crap, how did they get so bad with a decent roster?

That's what happens when you put a bunch of old/fragile prima donna's together.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    That's what happens when you put a bunch of old/fragile prima donna's together.
    Anthony Davis should be traded, he is like Mr. Glass.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast