Still a rumour but if it is 80d like, I will definitely check it out
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

ooo that looks interesting!

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

If this is accurate, I like! Back button for focus would be nice (based on the drawing it's the same as the sl1, which isn't ideal, note the "*" button on the top right corner) but this looks like a great body...

http://www.canonrumors.com/is-this-the-canon-eos-m5/
    Last edited by finboy; 09-05-2016 at 07:11 PM.

That looks pretty big for a mirrorless. Maybe 4th time's the charm though for the M series

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Someone on canon rumours overlays it with an m3, it's taller by a bit, and the grip is similar.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

It's pretty big for a crop sensor MILC. Going by the rumored dimensions it's almost an inch taller and over half an inch thicker than the EOS M3 and it's within a few mm's of small DSLRs, and heavier than some. The kit lenses are both f6.3 so it looks a lot smaller in the pics than it will be when you put a decent zoom lens on it.

Curious to see the price. Looking at the size and rumored spec sheet I suspect they will aim to undercut something like the A6300 significantly, maybe $799-$899 or so.

My Ride

Seems okay.
    Is canon planning any decent lenses? Seems like they're lacking on M.

My Ride
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

It's basically the 80D without the mirror?

Originally posted by Wakalimasu
    It's basically the 80D without the mirror?
    Probably 80D sensor, but less so an 80D without a mirror.

The DPAF on the 80D also isn't the greatest, so hopefully they have somehow made it better with the new DIGIC that seems to be in the M5. The AF was one of the weakest points in the previous M cameras and one of the areas that needs the most attention.

Lots of other things will make a big difference, like how deep the buffer is, how much viewfinder lag there is, if the viewfinder blacks out during bursts, battery life, DR/pixelation of viewfinder, etc. Usually don't find any of that out until it gets tested. It will be interesting to see how Canon has tackled some of those issues.

Lenses and physical size seem to be the biggest 'issues' at first glance. Also hopefully they use some sort of hybrid system and not just DPAF. I also feel like they need to have 4K in there these days just to please people looking at spec lists haha.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Efm to ef adapter should work well, and I e heard great things about the 11-22 and 22f2 pancake. I would imagine canon will have more lenses planned with this body.

7fps it seems is with the ever, 9 on live view is what I've heard rumblings of. Size actually doesn't seem that bad, it's very similar to my sl1 and I love the size of this camera even with big lenses

One thing I'm waiting for is to see if metabones offer a speedbooster for ef-m mount, that could be interesting assuming the focus works well

Size overlay gifs
    http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/ind...?topic=30753.0
    Last edited by finboy; 09-09-2016 at 05:24 PM.

My Ride
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-int...wer-zoom-lens/

http://mseriescameras.usa.canon.com/.../2_eos_m5.html

Canon Introduces the EOS M5 Digital Camera and its First EF-M High Power Zoom Lens

EOS M5 Camera Provides The Fastest Autofocus (AF) speed of EOS M-Series and a built-in Electronic Viewfinder
    MELVILLE, N.Y., September 15, 2016 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the latest additions to its EOS M series system – the new Canon EOS M5 Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera and compact EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens. The EOS M5 camera features a 24.2 Megapixel APS-C sized CMOS sensor, DIGIC 7 Image Processor and the fastest AF speed in the EOS M-seriesi, enabling photographers to capture clear, sharp, high-resolution images and Full HD videos. It is also the first in the EOS camera line to include the low energy Bluetooth® Smartii feature that can maintain a constant connectioniii with your compatible smartphone or tablet when you use the Canon camera connect application and both applications are active. The versatile EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens is compatible with all Canon EOS M series digital cameras, and is a great option for photographers looking to capture scenic landscapes while traveling to close-up shots from afar.
    “The new capabilities found in the Canon EOS M5 Camera and EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens set a new standard for our EOS M series of cameras and lenses, showing that Canon is constantly incorporating performance enhancements desired by our customers,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “When paired together, the new EOS M5 camera and EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens provide image-makers of all levels with powerful tools that enable them to capture a variety of remarkable images and videos.”
    In addition, advanced photographers will appreciate the improved operability of the EOS M5 camera. It has a built-in electronic viewfinder (EVF) and Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF for capturing stills and shooting video with smooth and precise autofocus. This allows for Touch and Drag AF so users can easily switch the subject of their focus by dragging the AF frame directly on the LCD panel, even while looking through the camera’s EVF. Focus peaking allows users to highlight the area of the image that is in focus from within the EVF or LCD monitor. In addition to its touchscreen operability, the EOS M5 camera also has easily accessible dials that allow you to quickly adjust your settings on-the-go.
    Key Features of the Canon EOS M5 Camera Include:
    24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100–25600.
    Fast and smooth Dual Pixel CMOS AF helps you capture stills and shoot video with quick and precise autofocus.
    High-speed continuous shooting at up to 7.0 fps (up to 9.0 fps with AF Lock) and new DIGIC 7 Image Processor with improved AF tracking performance.
    Full HD 60p helps capture fast-moving subjects and brilliant results in MP4 format.
    Digital IS with 5-axis image stabilizationivwhen shooting movies plus increased image stabilization with both lens optical IS and in-camera digital IS when shooting with an IS lens.
    Built-in high-resolution EVF (approx. 2,360,000 dots) with new Touch and Drag AF lets you manually move the AF frame displayed for more precise focusing in different shooting situations.
    Intuitive touch screen 3.2 tilt-type (85° up/180° down) LCD monitor (approx. 1,620,000 dots) enables flexible positioning and clear viewing.
    Easily customize functions while shooting using the Main Dial, Quick Control Dial, Dial Function Button and Exposure Compensation Dial.
    Built-in Wi-Fi®v and NFCvi allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos.
    Equipped with Bluetooth®iii Smart for smooth pairing with a compatible smartphone by powering on both devices for easy photo sharing and remote control possibilities.
    Shorter camera startup timevii and interval time between each image capture for a more efficient shooting experience.
    Compatible with EF-M lenses as well as the full line of EFviii and EF-Sviii lenses and Speedlites for expanded creativity.
    The Canon EOS M5 also features Combination IS with in-camera 5-axis image stabilization, while capturing video, a first in the Canon EOS series. With a compatible lens attachediv, Combination IS leverages optical IS and in-camera digital IS to help create tremendously smooth videos. The DIGIC 7 Image Processor makes the 5-axis IS possible even with lenses that do not contain IS, because the in-camera image stabilization functions independently to help reduce camera shake when shooting videos.
    Additionally, the EOS M5 camera shoots impressive time-lapse videos. The EOS M5 camera also allows for easy panning by setting the optimal shutter speed after analyzing the camera’s panning speed and how fast the subject is moving.
    The new Canon EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens offers a high-zoom ratio, expanding the range of photographic possibilities for EOS M digital cameras. Its image stabilizer helps with reducing image blur and making image and video shooting easier at longer focal lengths. Along with the enhanced performance, the EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens is compact and lightweight, making it a versatile and convenient lens to carry.
    Key Features of the Canon EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Include:
    Canon’s first EF-M high-zoom power lens covering a broad range of shooting scenes with a high-zoom ratio of up to 8.3x (29–240mm equivalent).
    Compact and lightweight design allows for easy portability.
    Optical design helps provide excellent image quality across a broad zoom range comparable to the EF-S 18–135mm f/3.5–5.6 IS USM lens.
    Maximum magnification of 0.31x at focal length 150mm.
    Image Stabilizer effect at up to 4ixstops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
    Pricing and Availability
    The new Canon EOS M5 camera is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers or through the Canon Online store athttp://shop.usa.canon.com/ in November 2016, for an estimated retail price of $979.99 for the body only. It will also be sold as part of body-and-lens kits with EF-M 15-45mm/F3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom kit lens (estimated retail price of $1,099.00, scheduled to be available early November 2016x), and with the new EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens for an (estimated retail price of $1,479.00x, scheduled to be available early December 2016x)
    In addition, the new Canon EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, available in graphite and silver colors, is scheduled to be available in December 2016 for an estimated retail price of $499.99x.
    Additional optional EOS accessories include a Body Jacket (EM-E2) and Neck Strap (EH29-CJ) that come in black or brown.

Read more: http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-int...#ixzz4KJkr0vlr
    Last edited by Wakalimasu; 09-15-2016 at 05:03 AM.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

If it focuses well, that will be my next camera

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Seems a bit pricey, but my main hang up on the new EOS-M might be size. The wife has been rocking a white EOS-M2 since release with a 22mm pancake to make a panda combo. It's pretty and fits in her purse. This will likely negate both of those qualities for her. Hopefully there'll be a smaller down market version sometime down the road.

Edit: found the spec on weight, definitely a wtf spec to us. The M5 is 427g compared to 274g on the M2. The Canon SL1 weighs in at 407g
    Last edited by ga16i; 09-15-2016 at 08:49 AM.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

Too big and too expensive IMHO ($1250). Native lens support is very weak and you need a bulky adapter to use EF lenses, further eliminating any significant size advantage.

JPEG buffer is 26 frames (many cameras are unlimited JPEG these days, including previous EOS M bodies), so the RAW buffer is likely a lot less. Battery life is under 300 shots.

The AF is only sensitive to -1.0 EV which means it is not the same DPAF system in the 5DM4.

Personally I would have liked to see them put the new tech in the previous EOS-M body to keep size down. I think this is going to be a tough sell with the A6000/A6300 around.

6DII Announced on the weekend. Bit of a snoozefest unfortunately, and overpriced like all camera gear these days:

- $2600 / $4050 w/24-105
    - 26 MP
    - 6.5 FPS
    - 21 frame buffer
    - 1/4000 Shutter
    - Articulating touch screen
    - Single SD slot (UHS-1 speed)
    - 45pt AF, center point only sensitive to -3.0EV and only in single shot mode, continuous AF center point is -2.0 EV with outer points dropping to -0.5 EV.
    - 27 points sensitive to F8 with the usual caveats
    - ~14% Smaller AF point spread than the original 6D:

- DPAF
    - Max flash snyc 1/180
    - 1080P/60 (no 4K or uncompressed/clean HDMI out)
    - WiFi / Bluetooth
    - 80D metering
    - 1200 CIPA shot battery life
    - Max bracketing is 3 frames
    - No AF-point linked spot metering
    - 98% VF coverage

SL2 announced as well, pretty much the same but with a better LCD and the 77D's sensor.

^^ canon can eat a dick recently with these shit cameras all too late.

My Ride

Don't regret buying my MK1 6D now. Got great use out of it instead of waiting and I don't think I missed out on much. I love it

Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^^ canon can eat a dick recently with these shit cameras all too late.
    They have essentially adopted the Apple marketing strategy, which admittedly is a very good one from a profit standpoint. So many people are heavily invested in their system (glass), or don't do any research, that they will sell boatloads of these regardless of what they release. These days though it almost seems like they are just seeing what they can get away with - this will be their only FF DSLR costing less than $4000 CAD for the next 5 years. Every camera manufacturer is in cost-cutting mode right now, with DSLR sales lower than they have been in a long time, but given how long the refresh cycles are I'm a little surprised they spec'd the 6DII as poorly as they did with refreshes from the competition right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPulp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't regret buying my MK1 6D now. Got great use out of it instead of waiting and I don't think I missed out on much. I love it
    I think the announcement gave your 6D a new lease on life No need to upgrade unless you want to spend a lot of money on a very specific feature that is currently holding you back.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 LastLast