Quantcast
Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could have been programmed by a lunatic that has passed on years ago.

Could seems the wrong term

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Like "Based on a true story" for movies, this writer takes a LOT of liberties filling in the back-story. This thing reads like a Facebook post from that cousin's "informed" spouse...

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

So I get this is a stretch but I can't stop feeling like Trump very much lead directly to killing those people.

- Trump executes Soleimani, for reasons.
    - Iran is like WTF yo, puts everything on alert.
    - Iran retaliates (for IMO obvious reason) but doesn't kill anyone. Either intentional or not.
    - Warns people to stay away.
    - US scrambles aircraft.
    - Iran fks up and shoots down an airliner.

I get Iran most likely did it, but if Trump hadn't killed Soleimani for the legit reasons or the conspiracy reason of distracting from impeachment, those people would be alive. Now I am not suggesting Trump or the US should have foreseen this, just play stupid games, win stupid prizes?
    Cos...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Let's say Iran has an automated missile defense system in areas of some cities that was activated due to the recent conflicts. Let's say the programming in it is weak and that idiots placed one too close to their own airport. Or, let's say they forgot that when it's activated, commercial aircraft are supposed to be grounded.

It's not that crazy and it's way less crazy than them killing a pile of Iranian-Canadians.
    is that what the families of all the dead want to hear are hypothetical scenarios to back the politicians claims that the killings were all accidental?

How was the intent determined or even being discussed before the black boxes were recovered and without any foreign countries yet involved on the ground??

IMO it seems the govt wants a certain message to play out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post

I get Iran most likely did it, but if Trump hadn't killed Soleimani for the legit reasons or the conspiracy reason of distracting from impeachment, those people would be alive. Now I am not suggesting Trump or the US should have foreseen this, just play stupid games, win stupid prizes?
    Sounds like victim blaming if you ask me. Is it the ladies fault when she gets raped? Is it our fault for owning nice things for thieves to steal??

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Sounds like victim blaming if you ask me. Is it the ladies fault when she gets raped? Is it our fault for owning nice things for thieves to steal??
    I think your analogy works the other way. It isn't like Iran would have had their SAM defenses armed if the US hadn't bombed them. So in this case wouldn't Iran be the woman and the US be the rapist?
    Cos...

I think your analogy works the other way. It isn't like Iran would have had their SAM defenses armed if the US hadn't bombed them. So in this case wouldn't Iran be the woman and the US be the rapist?
    look at it how you wish.

We have already been told it was an accident so all will be forgiven and canada will have lost all those lives for what??

A few days from now most canadians wont care.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

is that what the families of all the dead want to hear are hypothetical scenarios to back the politicians claims that the killings were all accidental?
    There's nothing anyone can say to make those families whole again. The people didn't die for a cause, and their deaths couldn't be avenged in any satisfying manner no matter what Canada's response is. There is literally nothing Canada can do to help those grieving families.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    There's nothing anyone can say to make those families whole again. The people didn't die for a cause, and their deaths couldn't be avenged in any satisfying manner no matter what Canada's response is. There is literally nothing Canada can do to help those grieving families.
    not jumping to the defense of Iran would have been a good start.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

not jumping to the defense of Iran would have been a good start.
    Who did that?

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    Like "Based on a true story" for movies, this writer takes a LOT of liberties filling in the back-story. This thing reads like a Facebook post from that cousin's "informed" spouse...
    The craziest part is it came from the spouse of one of the most senior government officials in our country. Who needs enemies when this is how you treat your allies.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Trump is shortsighted and would have never foreseen this. Both Obama and Bush had the same button and option and decided not to push it.

The problem with blames is, do you go as far as whole Trump Ukraine scandal that led to his impeachment which led to him acting out to avoid it which end with the death of Canadians?

Trumps numbers did take a hit after this week tho, if polls to be believed. Impeachment actually improved his numbers but he had to go fuck it up.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-10-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    The craziest part is it came from the spouse of one of the most senior government officials in our country. Who needs enemies when this is how you treat your allies.
    Interesting that he's married to catherine mckenna, but i don't see how that matters. It's not like this opinion article now becomes some sort of official position of Canada just because he's married to a cabinet member.

Hell look at george conway who is married to kelly-anne conway (one of trump's senior advisors) - he is one of trump's biggest critics but it really doesn't matter in the grande scheme.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

More on the shootdown theory.

Name:  skynews-missile-plane_4887258.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  72.4 KB

Matches up with this photo.

Name:  missle.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  81.0 KB

As in the Malaysian MH17 shootdown the missle didn't have to directly strike the Ukrainian airliner-just explode near it so the nose cone could have survived the explosion.

Video of the crash-as per the Youtube uploader.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Interesting that he's married to catherine mckenna, but i don't see how that matters. It's not like this opinion article now becomes some sort of official position of Canada just because he's married to a cabinet member.

Hell look at george conway who is married to kelly-anne conway (one of trump's senior advisors) - he is one of trump's biggest critics but it really doesn't matter in the grande scheme.
    Fair point.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Quote Originally Posted by ianmcc View Post
    More on the shootdown theory.

As in the Malaysian MH17 shootdown the missle didn't have to directly strike the Ukrainian airliner-just explode near it so the nose cone could have survived the explosion.
    I'm curious about this and I have heard about it before. Do most anti aircraft missiles work like that? It certainly makes more sense to blow once the system determines that it's close enough than to detonate upon impact.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    I'm curious about this and I have heard about it before. Do most anti aircraft missiles work like that? It certainly makes more sense to blow once the system determines that it's close enough than to detonate upon impact.
    Yes, and a lot of missiles in general work like that, as do bombs, depending on the specific application. For example an atomic bomb / nuke is way more effective if detonated pretty far above the surface.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    Why the missle head is found intact. Shape charge around SRB pushing shrapnel outwards into a large ring. Like a big ass shotgun blast so you only need to get close not right in contact.

Seems to be fairly standard.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yes, these aren't harpoons they are shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Let's say Iran has an automated missile defense system in areas of some cities that was activated due to the recent conflicts. Let's say the programming in it is weak and that idiots placed one too close to their own airport. Or, let's say they forgot that when it's activated, commercial aircraft are supposed to be grounded.

It's not that crazy and it's way less crazy than them killing a pile of Iranian-Canadians.
    Right? I've been having this argument with other people.

The hell does Iran have to gain shooting down a passenger airliner and killing its own people?

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast