Quantcast
Lineups (or no lineups) at Made by Marcus - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lineups (or no lineups) at Made by Marcus

My Ride
    Ford F150

Default Lineups (or no lineups) at Made by Marcus

Made by Marcus has a perpetual 50 person lineup going down the block every time I cruise by. Needless to say I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I can't imagine it's worth the wait, unless it's also unbelievably cheap.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

What surprised me the most about MBM is how low-calorie it is compared to other "premium" ice creams. They claim 150 cal per serving (125ml) which compares rather favorably to around 380 cal for something like Hagaan Daz or Ben & Jerry's or other typical supermarket pints. I suspect Village is a lot higher calorie too just because it tastes like they use a lot more cream, where MBM first ingredient is milk. I also think they freeze it at super low temps because it's very smooth.

Lots of shops trying to be the next Village or MBM, none I've been to are anywhere near as good IMHO. I always buy pints because I don't like waiting in big lines at Village - never seen a bad lineup at MBM though, always just walk right in even in warm evenings. Village can get so bad I have just turned around and left before haha. The one on 10th ave can get lined up WELL into the cul-de-sac and the one in Brittania I have seen lined up onto the road North towards sandy beach.

Quote Originally Posted by bleu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The soft serve is amazing. I get it with strawberry dip.

We went today at 5pm and there was no line up. We must’ve beat everyone else by having dessert for dinner.
    I've been to MBM probably 10 times this Spring so far, we went lots when it was super hot 1-2 weeks ago, I've yet to see a lineup there more than a few people long. There is also a location opening up in West Hillhurst/Kensington (RIP Amato Gelato). Hopefully it stays that way because I love their ice cream haha. If you're buying a pint though you can just walk right in past everyone, but I always feel guilty.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-05-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Fuck, I drove by MBM a few days ago and the line up was gigantic. Scuttled that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    never seen a bad lineup at MBM though, always just walk right in even in warm evenings.
    LOL now i know you're really out to lunch. Ill do the loser lap on 17 when its nice and warm and that place has always been lined up way out the door.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    LOL now i know you're really out to lunch. Ill do the loser lap on 17 when its nice and warm and that place has always been lined up way out the door.
    So...you're going to tell me what I have and haven't seen based on a lap that you occasionally drive, giving you what, a 10 second point of reference? Give me a break. It is not busy 100% of the time every single day when it's nice out - if you actually believe that, I don't even know what to tell you.

I have never seen MBM as busy as I have seen the 10th ave Village. Maybe it gets just as bad, I just haven't seen it - that's all I can say. To date, I have never waited a long time in line at MBM which is awesome because I am starting to like it more than Village.

I was there last night too, I was maybe 4th in line around 7pm, some people sitting outside but not in line. I drove down Elbow on the way home and Village didn't have a line outside either, wasn't a popular day (or time) for ice cream I guess. You are probably seeing the group of people who stand and eat it out front because there isn't much room inside. But you would know best regarding what I have seen based on your occasional drive-by's Maybe you can get out your crystal ball and let me know what the wait will be before I go next time.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-05-2018 at 03:55 PM.

You're a lucky motherfucker; go get some lottery tickets.

My Ride
    NC1

MBM is always lined up out the door each time I drive by around 9-10pm. It was lined up out the door in winter too (WTF) lol

My Ride
    Silverado

you have a harley?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    Made by Marcus has a perpetual 50 person lineup going down the block every time I cruise by. Needless to say I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I can't imagine it's worth the wait, unless it's also unbelievably cheap.
    They sell pints at Bridgeland Market

a 10 second point of reference? Give me a break. It is not busy 100% of the time every single day when it's nice out - if you actually believe that, I don't even know what to tell you.
    Did i say they were busy 100% of the time every single day? i specifically quoted the part where you said the warm evenings lol And do you really need more than a couple seconds to notice a line out the door lol

Made by Marcus has a perpetual 50 person lineup going down the block every time I cruise by.
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    MBM is always lined up out the door each time I drive by around 9-10pm. It was lined up out the door in winter too (WTF) lol
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    You're a lucky motherfucker; go get some lottery tickets.
    Maybe were the unlucky 4 and just have shit luck lol

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    you have a harley?
    I kinda almost did, Harley almost bought Ducati lol

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Or is it?
    We've done that actual test with the breyers and it really doesnt melt even after 2 days. the stuff on the bowl melted a bit but the top of the scoop looked the same as the pic after 2 days sitting.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Maybe were the unlucky 4 and just have shit luck lol
    Or, what if, within these incredibly small sample sizes with visits spanning multiple months, sometimes it's busy, sometimes it isn't? What if their busy periods go in waves throughout the day or evening like every other shop? Like I said, it's possible you could have been seeing the people gathered out front eating, and not the actual line if you just glanced over for a couple seconds driving by - there is very limited room inside to eat and people go stand right outside the door and eat their ice cream. Or maybe I should just tell you what you saw instead, because that's a reasonable and sane thing to do Maybe I've been lucky with the lines, maybe I haven't, who knows - I'm not about to tell other people what they experienced. Give it a rest man, your desperate attempts at trolling are getting more obvious and cringe-worthy. When I've been there so far this year, it wasn't super busy, when a few others have, sounds like they encountered more of a line - how is that so difficult to comprehend? Maybe next time I go there I will be in a massive line, maybe I wont. Maybe everyone in this thread (gasp) wasn't there at the exact same times? Your argument is literally that you drove by, saw how busy it was at a very specific point in time, and therefore it had to have been busy when someone else went even at a different time, otherwise it's BS. Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds? I will take a pic of the line (or lack of) next time I am there so you can tell me again what I did and did not see

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Yo, you two should just go grab a cone together and hug it out. No one wants to read this shit.

Or, what if, within these incredibly small sample sizes with visits spanning multiple months, sometimes it's busy, sometimes it isn't? What if their busy periods go in waves throughout the day or evening like every other shop? Like I said, it's possible you could have been seeing the people gathered out front eating, and not the actual line if you just glanced over for a couple seconds driving by - there is very limited room inside to eat and people go stand right outside the door and eat their ice cream. Or maybe I should just tell you what you saw instead, because that's a reasonable and sane thing to do Maybe I've been lucky with the lines, maybe I haven't, who knows - I'm not about to tell other people what they experienced. Give it a rest man, your desperate attempts at trolling are getting more obvious and cringe-worthy. When I've been there so far this year, it wasn't super busy, when a few others have, sounds like they encountered more of a line - how is that so difficult to comprehend? Maybe next time I go there I will be in a massive line, maybe I wont. Maybe everyone in this thread (gasp) wasn't there at the exact same times? Your argument is literally that you drove by, saw how busy it was at a very specific point in time, and therefore it had to have been busy when someone else went even at a different time, otherwise it's BS. Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds? I will take a pic of the line (or lack of) next time I am there so you can tell me again what I did and did not see
    Whar paragraphs?

My Ride
    Bicycle

The secret of going to MBM without line up? Go when school is in.

School's out? Line up.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-06-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Give it a rest man, your desperate attempts at trolling are getting more obvious and cringe-worthy
    Its still working on you for some reason

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Yo, you two should just go grab a cone together and hug it out. No one wants to read this shit.
    Or we see a fight and bet ice cream on who wins
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    Ford F150

Went to MBM tonight around 9. Line up to the stop sign.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Went to MBM tonight around 9. Line up to the stop sign.
    Are you sure you were in the right line and not lined up with people standing outside eating ice cream?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Are you sure you were in the right line and not lined up with people standing outside eating ice cream?
    bwhahhahahaa
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

Im glad im not the only one who thinks mitsus crazy for even suggesting that lol Theres no mistaking a tightly packed uniform line of people holding nothing for people enjoying their ice cream.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast