Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 612 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 612 of 985 FirstFirst ... 602 611 612 613 622 ... LastLast
Results 12,221 to 12,240 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

2019 Flu deaths - 39

Covid deaths in the past 24 hours - 30

And yet there's still dumbass people saying it's just a flu.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2019 Flu deaths - 39

Covid deaths in the past 24 hours - 30

And yet there's still dumbass people saying it's just a flu.
    To be fair, we are all mandated to wear masks so if it wasn't for that, I think we would all be healthy.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 12-17-2020 at 09:13 PM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Guelph Cargill though.

It’s only ignorant if Alberta does it.
    Nope. This one (High River / Aldersyde), again.
    News will break in a day or two.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Nope. This one (High River / Aldersyde), again.
    News will break in a day or two.
    Got it. Berta is ignorant. Carry on.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Covid pandemic...TIL

1. Gov'ts still fucking suck at everything they touch. Always has been that way, always will be that way.

https://reason.com/2020/12/17/pfizer...Ug5hRExjBXi62Q

2. Maybe it will smack the collectivists, NDPers, big gov't lunatics and other under-educated peoples: the success or failure of our societal response can be drilled down to personal responsibility and individuals making individual decisions that benefit them and their community at the same time. Personal responsibility is king. Always has been, always will be.

My Ride
    Trucks

Sounds like the sales dept at Pfizer are idiots too. What kind of manufacturer doesn’t follow up on a massive sales to a customer? The entire story is likely just bullshit.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    And....
    Cargill is back on outbreak.

Let's see how badly it hits them, this time.
    Staff in my mom's LTC facility positive too. co-incidence?

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    JAMA now says Covid leading cause of death in the US.

JUST A FLU

ALL WE NEED TO DO IS PROTECT THE SENIORS

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...tm_term=121720
    Did you look at the mortality table? The overwhelming majority of deaths are seniors.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Did you look at the mortality table? The overwhelming majority of deaths are seniors.
    The overwhelming majority of deaths are always seniors.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

The overwhelming majority of deaths are always seniors.
    So senior’s death by Covid is irrelevant because they were going to die anyway?

Do you feel that that the government should not vaccinate seniors on a higher priority level then the general population younger then them? Based on you’re post, we should not prioritize protecting the seniors, that’s the wrong approach?
    Last edited by 90_Shelby; 12-17-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    I like neat cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Wait... we "know" this? Masks were mandated due to uncontrolled rise of the virus, and your interpretation is that the virus got out of control *because* of mask wearing? I'm honestly at this point not sure if you are a massive troll or just an idiot. (No offense intended... it's a genuine wonder.)

Tell you what... so that I don't appear "holier than thou" to you as I probably do, I'll give you a chance. Find me one single study from any medical entity that shows masks cause the virus. One. (BTW: We aren't talking about improper usage here, which actually COULD make things worse. We are talking about typical mask usage).

I'll wait here.
    Are you people seriously this retarded? It's a simple observable statistic that cases spike hard in every city/municipality that mandates masks, right after they mandate them. I didn't say masks cause covid, it has nothing to do with how I interpret anything, it is an accurate and observable data point.

I said you need to rectify the data before making assumptions. This is how science works. You don't just immediately use conjecture to formulate a theory and call it case closed. And that goes both ways. I wouldn't immediately just say that masks cause covid since cases spike immediately after they are mandated. I would try and analyze other data to see what is going on first. In the case of masks, it is likely due to the fact that people stop following distancing suggestions when they have a mask on, they have a false sense of security. But again, should not just be making assumptions because something seems like it makes sense with the limited knowledge and data you have.

While you're waiting, feel free to pull your head out of your ass and clean your ears out.

You conspiracists are hilarious.
    -"Covid is new and we know so little about it, it does not behave like other viruses"
    -"We do not need to research anything new in regards to covid, everything we know about viruses applies to covid too"

So which one is it?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    So senior’s death by Covid is irrelevant because they were going to die anyway?

Do you feel that that the government should not vaccinate seniors on a higher priority level then the general population younger then them? Based on you’re post, we should not prioritize protecting the seniors, that’s the wrong approach?
    My first post was sarcarsm.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Are you people seriously this retarded? It's a simple observable statistic that cases spike hard in every city/municipality that mandates masks, right after they mandate them. I didn't say masks cause covid, it has nothing to do with how I interpret anything, it is an accurate and observable data point.

I said you need to rectify the data before making assumptions. This is how science works. You don't just immediately use conjecture to formulate a theory and call it case closed. And that goes both ways. I wouldn't immediately just say that masks cause covid since cases spike immediately after they are mandated. I would try and analyze other data to see what is going on first. In the case of masks, it is likely due to the fact that people stop following distancing suggestions when they have a mask on, they have a false sense of security. But again, should not just be making assumptions because something seems like it makes sense with the limited knowledge and data you have.

While you're waiting, feel free to pull your head out of your ass and clean your ears out.

You conspiracists are hilarious.
    -"Covid is new and we know so little about it, it does not behave like other viruses"
    -"We do not need to research anything new in regards to covid, everything we know about viruses applies to covid too"

So which one is it?

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e2.htm

"After implementation of mask mandates in 24 Kansas counties, the increasing trend in COVID-19 incidence reversed. Although rates were considerably higher in mandated counties than in nonmandated counties by the executive order, rates in mandated counties declined markedly after July 3, compared with those in nonmandated counties. Kansas counties that had mask mandates in place appear to have mitigated the transmission of COVID-19, whereas counties that did not have mask mandates continued to experience increases in cases. The findings in this report are consistent with declines in COVID-19 cases observed in 15 states and the District of Columbia, which mandated masks, compared with states that did not have mask mandates (7)."

doh.

As pro mask as i am believe it or not, i farted in an elevator the other day, and i know people smelled it.. but they never TASTED it.. and that breaks my fuckin heart.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Are you people seriously this retarded?

You conspiracists are hilarious
    Firstly, yes - I am that retarded. And I say that with all due respect to my niece with CP.

I was not, however, under any knowledge until today that it was indeed *I* who was the conspiracist. Flip the tables. Savvy move.

I just finished watching a film titled "Rebirth". Its about Kyle, who enters a mysterious self-help program by the advice of his friend, and everyone veteran to this program is just speaking nonsensical brainwashed bullshit, yet with passion and zeal that truly impressive.

You are Kyle. He eventually buys in, and turns away from logic and reason. I would like to turn you off now. Click.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 12-18-2020 at 02:34 AM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

https://onemileatatime.com/passenger...m=BoardingArea

United/CDC confirmed the situation btw so not just a hearsay story.

Passenger With Coronavirus Dies On United Flight

About two hours into the flight a passenger sitting in seat 28D stopped breathing; according to other passengers, he was having a hard time breathing from the beginning of the flight

The crew asked if there were any doctors onboard, and a few people ended up trying to help the passenger; you could apparently hear his bones cracking during chest compression, and then the man turned blue

Reports suggest that the passenger’s wife initially admitted he was experiencing shortness of breath and a lack of taste and smell, and when talking to EMTs in New Orleans, the wife admitted the man had tested positive for coronavirus

After the passenger was offloaded in New Orleans, his seat was wiped down, and the plane continued to Los Angeles
    Fuck people are dumb. Dipshit husband and wife for flying, she should genuinely be charged and/or arrested for knowingly endangering people. Also, the fact that the plane continued onward after a covid positive person was breathing that shitty plane air for hours ... you wonder why the aviation industry is trash.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    https://onemileatatime.com/passenger...m=BoardingArea

United/CDC confirmed the situation btw so not just a hearsay story.

Fuck people are dumb. Dipshit husband and wife for flying, she should genuinely be charged and/or arrested for knowingly endangering people. Also, the fact that the plane continued onward after a covid positive person was breathing that shitty plane air for hours ... you wonder why the aviation industry is trash.
    Friends of ours are flying themselves and their kids to Hawaii on Sunday.

They think that everyone getting "tested" will ensure their safety...travelling to a foreign country.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Friends of ours are flying themselves and their kids to Hawaii on Sunday.

They think that everyone getting "tested" will ensure their safety...travelling to a foreign country.
    Our government isn't concerned, why should private citizens be?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    4x4

https://www.westernstandardonline.co...ing-conditions
    She passed away this week from health complications at the age of 39 – becoming what she feared, a statistic of being another death of someone with a pre-existing medical condition.
    Name:  FB_IMG_1608322982265.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  76.0 KB

So very appropriate for this audience...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don’t go out much these days, but after a few months of hermitting and some cash sales I realized I was literally sitting on an uncomfortable amount of cash. So decided to hit the bank before the holidays and holy crap is it busy out there. What lockdown?

Insane to me that I can’t have my parents over for Turkey dinner but the stupid Britannia strip mall is bursting at the seams and had to park 2 blocks away from the bank.

Does anyone else observe near no reduction in people out and about? 2pm on a work day lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 612 of 985 FirstFirst ... 602 611 612 613 622 ... LastLast