Quantcast
CPS Officer killed during traffic stop - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CPS Officer killed during traffic stop

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

So what you're saying is, don't talk to anyone ever without a lawyer present.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TIL that the police do not have to tell you that they are cops and the methods they will use to convince you that they are not cops.
    https://www.derbarristers.com/articles/
    Dude, if you think that is messed up, I knew cops don't have to identify themselves as cops or even tell the truth while undercover and such but, they can flat out lie and bullshit you when interrogating you when you are in the station being interviewed or under investigation.

I watched this video on YT where the cops had arrested the completely wrong guy after a foot chase. They brought him down to the station and booked him, then tried to get a confession. The cop flat out said multiple times they had him on video robbing the store. Dude they arrested was a 6'+ black dude and they were chasing a smaller white dude, and the poor guy had *JUST* gotten off a bus when the cops rounded the corner and saw him there.

To me, THAT is fucked up.

Last edited by spikerS; 01-02-2021 at 09:53 AM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think we can find a better thread to discuss police tactics. Rip to the officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

This won't be murder 1. It'll be pleaded down to vehicular manslaughter likely... Be out before they're 30... Can thank our "justice" system for that.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    So what you're saying is, don't talk to anyone ever without a lawyer present.
    The videos when cops pull lawyers over for bs reasons are hilarious. The escalation and saving face and then subsequent warning/letting go lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    This won't be murder 1. It'll be pleaded down to vehicular manslaughter likely... Be out before they're 30... Can thank our "justice" system for that.
    Yea it sucks. Only thing you hope for is these kids rehab and become productive members of society. Idk the stats but how many reoffend serious crimes?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

They will not be convicted of first degree murder but a much lesser charge. Nobody knows exactly what happened but i doubt these punks thought to themselves "lets kill this cop right now".

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I think we can find a better thread to discuss police tactics. Rip to the officer.
    You are right, at least it will be an easy thread split. But yes, RIP to the officer. It is incredibly sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    They will not be convicted of first degree murder but a much lesser charge. Nobody knows exactly what happened but i doubt these punks thought to themselves "lets kill this cop right now".
    There probably won't be any lesser charge here. You are thinking of the charge of first degree being for the general population that plans a murder. In this instance, first degree murder does not have the same bar that must be met, but has a different subsection when your actions kill a person operation as a peace officer and has a separate bar that must be met for first degree murder charges.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    I don’t think these societal skid marks are used to doing much “thinking”
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yes you are right. I was more surprised at the tone of that article from the lawyer's site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    I read that the max sentence for the younger one is only 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Silverado

If he is charged as an adult or as a youth?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    If he is charged as an adult or as a youth?
    Youth.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Doesn’t YCA still limit sentencing even if he is charged as an adult?

I think we need to ship all these skids off to an island for life in lieu of prison, just keep these losers away from everyone else.

My vote is Vancouver Island, doubt it will even change the demographics much.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I will prepare to be disappointed but I have this glimmer of hope that they're going to use this to set an example given the timing of this as 2020 ended. People are human so given how people keep saying 2020 is a shit year, they could subcautiously use that to this kid's sentence.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Being 2020 has nothing to do with it. A different year better have no influence in a court setting.

People keep saying “thank god 2020 is over” like anything will change overnight. Out in the real world nothing has changed except some sense of mental well-being that a number on a calendar went up one.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Being 2020 has nothing to do with it. A different year better have no influence in a court setting.

People keep saying “thank god 2020 is over” like anything will change overnight. Out in the real world nothing has changed except some sense of mental well-being that a number on a calendar went up one.
    I don't think anyone expects that like flipping some magic switch, 2021 is going to instantly be better. If you think that is the case of those poeple, you are dumber than the doorpost I thought you were before this.

Everyone can agree, I am sure, that 2020 sucked. Everyone has been impacted by it in one way or another do some degree. For a lot of people it has been absolutely devastating. I think most people, myself included, are looking at 2021 as the time where things will get better, and it gives hope. Does anyone expect that January 1st is going to make everything go away? fuck no. But like everyone that celebrates NYE or makes a new year's resolution, people are hoping that things will get better. Will it be better for everyone? of course not, but with the start of the vaccine roll-out, people can begin to see light at the end of this dark tunnel, and hope that 2021 will be better for everyone.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I dunno. Depending on the timelines of all this mess I would say 2021 has a high likelihood of being far worse than 2020.

Most of 2020 life has had relative normalcy, first 3 months completely normal, April to June were a bit rough but not that bad, summer through end of November were basically back to normalcy. December was awful.

No do the math on 2021, we have 3-6 months of similar garbage to December. Maybe a chance of relative normalcy in the summer but those are long odds. Maybe we see some light in the fall/winter months, but tainted with the aftermath and sobering reality of our economy and balance sheets, from the personal level all the way up to the feds, decimated.

We actually traded an “ok” 2020 for a really dismal next 5 years IMO.
    No, I don’t think 2021 will be a better year than 2020.

fact.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I think most people, myself included, are looking at 2021 as the time where things will get better, and it gives hope. Does anyone expect that January 1st is going to make everything go away? fuck no. But like everyone that celebrates NYE or makes a new year's resolution, people are hoping that things will get better. Will it be better for everyone? of course not, but with the start of the vaccine roll-out, people can begin to see light at the end of this dark tunnel, and hope that 2021 will be better for everyone.
    Use whatever mental gymnastics you need to make yourself feel better about the future, would you like a prescription for happiness? Most people like to think a new year will bring a change to normality, there is nothing indicating that will happen.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I dunno. Depending on the timelines of all this mess I would say 2021 has a high likelihood of being far worse than 2020.

Most of 2020 life has had relative normalcy, first 3 months completely normal, April to June were a bit rough but not that bad, summer through end of November were basically back to normalcy. December was awful.

No do the math on 2021, we have 3-6 months of similar garbage to December. Maybe a chance of relative normalcy in the summer but those are long odds. Maybe we see some light in the fall/winter months, but tainted with the aftermath and sobering reality of our economy and balance sheets, from the personal level all the way up to the feds, decimated.

We actually traded an “ok” 2020 for a really dismal next 5 years IMO.
    No, I don’t think 2021 will be a better year than 2020.
    Probably another mega thread split. I never had 2021 as a happy year in my projections even with an efficient vaccine rollout. Most people are too optimistic to the point that they are budgeting that this will go away in a few weeks.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Use whatever mental gymnastics you need to make yourself feel better about the future, would you like a prescription for happiness? Most people like to think a new year will bring a change to normality, there is nothing indicating that will happen.
    fuck, I hate being baited by the troll, but that whole statement just proves my theory about your IQ.

There is literally zero mental gymnastics going on here. Literally none. zilch. No one thinks that because the date changed from 2020 to 2021 that that will somehow make everything better, find me one of those people that flat out says that because it is 2021 the pandemic is over, I will eat my hat. Will there be a change to normalcy in 2021, I think so. With the vaccine delivery, barring anything else catastrophic, yes, I think things will trend back to something normal like before the pandemic. Do I think that all the damage that occurred during the 2020 year will be repaired? of course not. As Killramos said, repairing the economy, recovering the billions spent with CERB and other programs, we are going to be paying for that for years to come. But, is there hope that this year we will be able to attend car meets, or visit our family at Christmas? I think there is a very real, and even a good chance that will happen in this new year.

So yes, with the vaccine delivery, that is a VERY big indicator that things might return to some form of normalcy this year.

Either way, this thread is being derailed, again. There is another thread for this topic already, and if I continue to engage this bullshit rhetoric from you, it will be there.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast