Quantcast
Gym equipment - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Gym equipment

After seeing all of these other sites i'm starting to get worried a bit with build quality of the hyper package i ordered. None of the other companies are even close to the Hyper package (power rack, safety bars, commercial bench, olympic bar, 310 lbs weights) for pricing. Even the bells of steel looks like it will be at least $2000 if you want all those items vs the $1300 for Hyper.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After seeing all of these other sites i'm starting to get worried a bit with build quality of the hyper package i ordered. None of the other companies are even close to the Hyper package (power rack, safety bars, commercial bench, olympic bar, 310 lbs weights) for pricing. Even the bells of steel looks like it will be at least $2000 if you want all those items vs the $1300 for Hyper.
    The hyper fitness rack and kit is quite literally straight from Alibaba.
    That said, most racks in general are. But just be aware of that.
    Buddy of mine has the hyper fitness rack and I don’t trust the build quality for higher weights.
    For most entry level lifters, it’s fine.

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

I received my rack, bench and rubber weights from Hyper over the long weekend. Had an issue with a part but he came by to drop off/replace the parts. Compared to my friend’s rack from bells of steel, I would say his is more better quality but hyper is bang for the buck if you have no equipment. My opinion is Hyper rack, bench and weights so far are solid. Will update if anything changes. No complaints.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced punching/mma heavy bag and mitts?

That's why I was posting about Canadian manufactured racks... A lot of these other places are "local" in the sense some "local" dude has the random Alibaba racks shipped into this "local" warehouse. Those things have little to no safety margin and no guarantees around the steel that was used in the manufacturing. For all you know you're getting Chinese special steel laced with boron which is what resulted in all those fiasco's a few years back. Anyways it might be fine or it might not be. That's the part I am uncomfortable with when buying gym equipment especially load bearing gear of mysterious provenance.

I've had a hyper rack for a few years. No issues with the rack itself so far or safeties. If you get serious in weight get another bar as the one with hyper starts to bend at higher weights.

The lat pulldown is alright but I wouldn't load it up to its max rated weight if you got that.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Sounds like when I replace my current rack, I should be going with BoS.
    Still waiting on Rogue bars to come back in stock, so I can upgrade from my current one. I just want a smaller lat tower. My current one is completely separate, and takes up a ton of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Good news... After a few days in the sun and cleaning those rubber mats the smell has pretty much gone away.

Personally i am still waiting on mine...will be able to provide a review when i get it in July. I think @OTown must have his up and running by now.
    Sorry gents, I've been pretty busy at work. I just today finished assembling it all. It's a bit of a process to build the whole thing and its pretty complex. I did get the full package, plus a leg press and the lat pulley pulldown. So far I can report the following:

The cage itself is pretty solid, not sure on gauge though. The bar and weights (I went with tri-grips) seem like good quality. The default seat is pretty nice too and has lots of adjustments. The lat pulldown pulley system seems a bit cheaply made but it is smooth and seems like it will do the trick. I'm glad to know that you can do rows etc with the lower pulley attachment so that gives you a ton of more exercises. They seem to have upgraded the weight/J clips/ support pegs in terms of usability (spring clamp with knob) but so far I noticed they were a bit noisy when you moved the rack - I'll report on that as I use them with weights. The leg press is OK, though I was warned they don't have the Olympic plate adapter (its only 1") and the leg pads seem a bit cheaply made but do seem comfortable enough. Again, for the price its pretty good. Also, do be prepared for a insane amount of leftover packaging once you build it. Looks great, can't wait to lift some weights!

To echo others, it's certainly not the commercial level stuff you will see at your local gym equipment, but for home gym and bang for the buck it seems pretty damn good.

Ill report with more findings as I give it a proper try.
    Last edited by OTown; 05-25-2020 at 02:19 AM.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Any pics?
    My car sounds like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    That's why I was posting about Canadian manufactured racks... A lot of these other places are "local" in the sense some "local" dude has the random Alibaba racks shipped into this "local" warehouse. Those things have little to no safety margin and no guarantees around the steel that was used in the manufacturing. For all you know you're getting Chinese special steel laced with boron which is what resulted in all those fiasco's a few years back. Anyways it might be fine or it might not be. That's the part I am uncomfortable with when buying gym equipment especially load bearing gear of mysterious provenance.
    @mazdavirgin , I' not sure if you work at Fitness Depot or not. But I looked at the Northern lights racks more and ordered (It's only 2 weeks out) plus most of the weight bench and Swiss bar! If you do work there please PM me to see if it was you that helped me out. I will report once I have everything all set up!

Also I did get the mats at Fitness Depot as well. A little mess but I'm setting everything up in the garage so not overly worried about the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    @mazdavirgin , I' not sure if you work at Fitness Depot or not. But I looked at the Northern lights racks more and ordered (It's only 2 weeks out) plus most of the weight bench and Swiss bar! If you do work there please PM me to see if it was you that helped me out. I will report once I have everything all set up!

Also I did get the mats at Fitness Depot as well. A little mess but I'm setting everything up in the garage so not overly worried about the mess.
    Nah I work a downtown office gig Glad you found something you like. I just like supporting Canadian manufacturing companies...

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post

Out of curiosity are you getting replies from Fitness Depot? I sent in an order over a month ago and still havent heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Out of curiosity are you getting replies from Fitness Depot? I sent in an order over a month ago and still havent heard back.
    I went into the store. But was given the direct email address of the sales guy I dealt with. I would suggest that you call in to at least confirm they got your order and an eta on your order.

Quote Originally Posted by SoSlowDx View Post
    I received my rack, bench and rubber weights from Hyper over the long weekend. Had an issue with a part but he came by to drop off/replace the parts. Compared to my friend’s rack from bells of steel, I would say his is more better quality but hyper is bang for the buck if you have no equipment. My opinion is Hyper rack, bench and weights so far are solid. Will update if anything changes. No complaints.
    Which part did you had to get replaced? I also got my hyper rack and package over the long weekend. The package is bang for your bucks and the rack seems to be good so far.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

https://www.reddit.com/r/PersonalFin...t_data_breach/

Fitness depot data breach.

The information accessed may have included for example; name, address, email address, telephone number, and credit card number used in the transaction.

Name:  squat rack.JPG
Views: 368
Size:  101.6 KB
    Rack all set up and bolted down. I will say the mats from Fitness depot are great and don't cost an arm and a leg. Hex bar from Bells of Steel. Now just have to wait for the rest of the weights to get in.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I'm surprised at how many people opt for an 8x8 platform. I only did a 4x8, and didn't bolt my rack down. The idea of moving an 8x8 is killer to me.
    My car sounds like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I'm surprised at how many people opt for an 8x8 platform. I only did a 4x8, and didn't bolt my rack down. The idea of moving an 8x8 is killer to me.
    Mine doesn't move. Its in a dedicated space and my rack is bolted down.
    If/when I move I will disassemble/ use a skill saw and re use what I can (aka the maple).
    OSB is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Got any pics of what you built? I’m planning on building mine this weekend so looking for any ideas. Was leaning towards 8x8 as well until you mentioned this

My Ride
    06 S2000

Sure. These are old pics from when I first put it together. I want to replace the rack, and get something with a built-in lat pulldown, to better manage the space. At the time, I was planning on moving the Gym back to the basement come winter, but since then, me and the wife have agreed to leave it in the garage year round.

Name:  IMG_20200329_135942.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  31.8 KBName:  IMG_20200331_064629.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  83.7 KB
    My car sounds like shit.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast