Quantcast
Another....what car to buy thread.. - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Another....what car to buy thread..

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .... Same gen for either car, the CX5 has way better interior than the CRV
    Like latest 2020 gen? I seriously disagree. CRV is way better interior, noticeably better, in my opinion. I went to do side by side comparison at Calgary Honda and Kramer Mazda.

@vengie , no not mine but always loved 1st gen CRV tastefully modded.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    I test drove a new CRV and CX5 back to back. There’s no doubt the CX5 is a better car but to each their own
    Fair play.
    Did you drive the Turbo? What did you like about the CX5? What did you not like about the CRV?
    Im just wondering if there is anything I missed on the CRV.

FraserB
    If you want to try out an RDX, I’m just down the road from you.
    Might take you up on that later, hell.. we can go for ice cream. There is that XO ice cream place down the road.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    we can go for ice cream.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200803-113847.png
Views: 558
Size:  366.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

You stay out of the bromance.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Its funny, once you get it and get going you don't notice the fancy stuff as much. It was the non turbo and was revvy as hell.
    That is your problem right there, god the non turbo was a piece of turd. I test drove both.

We have a 2016 Civic touring, engine is okay, but the CVT has some quirks and drives me nuts at times. I never test drove it as for how we would want it equipped it was pretty damm pricey, and with it being at least 250kg heaver than our civic I don't think it will be enough power when driving to Vancouver fully loaded with people and luggage.

I live near Royal Oak auto mall and that place is the best for test drives. Take it down Stoney going east, turn around at Beddington Trail then come back up the hill.
    Last edited by BigDL; 08-04-2020 at 09:45 AM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Might take you up on that later, hell.. we can go for ice cream. There is that XO ice cream place down the road.
    Shoot me a PM if you want to, I’ll be around more after the weekend
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I finally bought a new car....
    I am sure you are all sitting with great anticipation on what it could be?! You can all sleep soundly tonight knowing Tony Tiger is not driving a 19 year old rust bucket.

Yeah... I bought another Zonda CRV...

Its like that scene from the movie Highlander 2. When the main character is aged and old. Then boom! In an explosion, he walks out young and refreshed. That is what we have here. Out with the old CRV and in with the new.

After test driving Subaru, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai and a few others (also watching a ton of online reviews). Then factoring in affordability, reliability, long term repairs, practical aspects of it, driving dynamics and things I wanted. I found this to be the better vehicle for me. You know what the best part is..? I have a heated steering wheel! You have no idea how much joy this brings me..
    I must say. Going from a 2002 to a 2021 is a bit of a mind bender. The technology, car development, seat and driver ergonomics & driver aids. Cars have changed a lot...The car drives itself on the highway... like WTF..? ...bloody hell!

I spent the whole day trying to find a dealership to get the deal done. I bought the SUV from Honda West. I contacted them first by phone at around 9am in the morning. They gave me the price in writing. I drove to two other dealerships but I ended up driving to Honda West at the end of the day to finalize the sale.
    The whole process at Honda West was a joy to deal with. I am not joking. I was not expecting that at all. I am shocked. They even gave me a loaner car for a few days till mine was ready. This was the only place that worked with me in solving my problem rather than selling me a car. It probably the text book example of how a sale should be done. Work with the customer, solve the problems or address the needs and get the sale done.

Heritage Honda were just a waste of time. They would not even give me a price that was too high. Then when they did, they just kept on playing games on insisting I should buy from them if they match the price. I left and I drove to Okotoks Honda after.
    I know there are positive experiences from people who have bought from Okotoks Honda. My experience was not positive there. Without going to too much detail...In short they struggled to compete on price and accessories. I felt they were just relying on their reputation. As soon they could not compete on price, the whole old school style negotiation tactics kicked in. Sales manager arrived, parts managher arrived etc, 'if I match the price are you going to buy.. etc. I even had to call Honda West in front of them to prove the price I was given was correct. After three and a half hours of being made to wait and talking. Okotoks could not match the deal.
    They tried to match the price, beat it by $500 (told me it was the finaly offer, they dont do this etc) when I actually sat in my vehicle to leave. But the deal itself still was not great. As the accessory offered by Honda West dealt with my needs.
    But I did not like the way I was treated at the end. I respect it if a business cannot compete on price. Thats fine. Move on. No big deal. But I dont like rudeness. To be told I can buy $10 matts from Canadian tire. Or even to be told about their problem of only getting $500 for my vehicle. I certainly don't like to be told to take off the tow hitch on a 2002 Honda CRV and put it on a 2021. Come on.

Its the first car I have ever bought from a dealer. Few big lessons I learned that payed off.
    Do not rely on reputation. Do your homework, go online, find the prices. That is your benchmark. Don't be afraid to break down the numbers in front of the sales rep. Not for their sake, but for the sake it makes sense to you. Im not smart guy, so I like to write things out and break it down. There is no shame in doing that. I nearly signed with Okotoks. When I broke down the pricing and ran the numbers several times. It was more than Honda West.
    Also find what specific things you want or mean more to you. This is super crucial. So my task was to see what prices the dealerships are offering and if the match. Then if a price is matched, what is important to you? For example. I personally don't need free oil changes I have a mechanic. I dont need winter tires. I got tirebob for that. So when the sales manager puts you in the spot, if you dont know what you want then free car mats or oil changes might tip you over the edge to signing. Even if you dont need them. FYI Oil changes might be free, but the servicing has to be done at the dealer.
    Don't answer back or be rude. I found keeping my mouth shut worked in my favour. Especially sitting back and watching the sales show. There is a lot of shame and psychological play in getting you to sign. Start with the problem you hve and you will find the sales rep/manager will actually deal with the problem or dance around the problem. Watch for that. There is no harm in walking away or sticking by what you want.

Mine was probably the easiest car sale a sales rep could get. All I wanted was a vehicle at a competitive price, no gimmicks added on. A hitch attachment for a bike rack that I would pay for and thats it. The financing would be easy as I have done most of that part for them (my credit is great, down payment is ready etc). Simple eh?
    This was a lesson on how some car dealerships can take something very simple and make it complicated for no reason.

Overall Im happy with my purchase. I am really happy with the way Honda West resolved all my problems throughout the buying process. Its not what I expected but if anyone is looking to buy a Honda. Thats who got my business.

Name:  20210710_144742.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  389.0 KB
    Last edited by tonytiger55; 07-12-2021 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Added pic

My Ride
    ute

Dude...

Only buy cars over email nowadays.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Dude...

I have a pretty good relationship with my normal ford guy, except for my '21 F150 he didn't seem interested in helping me get it. But I did buy Baygril's car from him over the phone without seeing it first. I just showed up to sign the docs and drive away.

my '21 F150 I bought over FB messenger...Just awaiting delivery.

I still visit lots to see vehicles in person, but, you are right, I find there is virtually no need to step foot inside a dealer anymore except to sign paperwork, and even then, that can be done virtually now too.

And Congrats TT, enjoy the new car smell!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sounds like you got the vehicle you want at a price you like. That's a good outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

A solid choice!

I do like the new style of the Honda line up, but I wish they had a fullsize offering!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Dude...

Last 3 have been this way with a phone call here/there for clarification. I must say the Calgary luxury dealers seem to have had this down long before covid hit for us out of town folks. My Acura lease deal back in 2015 was a couple phone calls and emails. Same with my Lexus & Mercedes quotes after that car was done. Seems the other dealers finally figured it out when their hand was forced during the pandemic. I look forward to avoiding all those tweed sportscoat wearing motherfuckers from now on, lol
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

I finally bought a new car....
    I am sure you are all sitting with great anticipation on what it could be?! You can all sleep soundly tonight knowing Tony Tiger is not driving a 19 year old rust bucket.

Yeah... I bought another Zonda CRV...

...Overall Im happy with my purchase. I am really happy with the way Honda West resolved all my problems throughout the buying process. Its not what I expected but if anyone is looking to buy a Honda. Thats who got my business.
    But dude, no manual!!

Just kidding, congratulations on the purchase, looks like a nice car!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I didn’t know Honda sold trackhawks
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I didn’t know Honda sold trackhawks
    Should race @90_Shelby for pinks
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Pretty sure I'd have this one in the bag but I'm down either way.

We can line up on 7th ave downtown today around lunch time, not much traffic and it's fairly straight.
    I like neat cars.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4