Quantcast
Buster Reno Thread - Part DEUX - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Buster Reno Thread - Part DEUX

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now we have a zojirushi hot water boiler dispenser thing on our counter. We love it, but I can't help but to think there is a better solution for on-demand 195 degree water.
    Not sure if this was answered earlier in the thread or not but we have one of these beside our kitchen faucet for instant boiling hot water

Name:  HOT-100SN-SS.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  176.2 KB

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I went through 6 pages and didn't get to see any IRL photos of Buster's dope ass crib.

Disappointment.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    I went through 6 pages and didn't get to see any IRL photos of Buster's dope ass crib.

Disappointment.
    I can take some before shots, no problem.

My Ride
    Canyonero

Quote Originally Posted by bulaian View Post
    Not sure if this was answered earlier in the thread or not but we have one of these beside our kitchen faucet for instant boiling hot water

What exactly is a "these"? How much maintenance does it need? We need details man!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.insinkerator.ca/product/...ter-dispensers is what google reverse image search directed me to. interesting.

spec sheet claims it dispenses at 93˚C which sounds fine for tea etc. Not sure I'd want one with kids.
    Last edited by prae; 01-28-2021 at 06:07 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

My wife wants one.. how do you like it?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post

Disappointment.
    Man, stop being cheap and just pay up for his only-fans.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Man, stop being cheap and just pay up for his only-fans.
    Got a coupon code?

My Ride
    *The First*

I got nothing on the fridge still.
    The one dude that dropped the Sub-Z did it for lack of reliability and extreme expense of repair.
    The other guy has no shortage of dollars and did end up buying a Kitchen Aid which must be some pro professional pro trim, because it really is a beautiful fridge. It's honestly amazing. *Sounds silly

A legit competitor would be Gaggenau, but I've lived with one of those among a suite of their appliances and it was (I imagine) like a Ferrari with a carburetor. Everything not performing correctly, perpetually. Do. Not. Want.

You gotta know what you want and why. If you think SubZero is expensive because it's bullet proof and reliable, it's not. Their humidity control and uniform temperature distribution & recovery was second to none. Now, the others have caught up because it's really not that complicated while the reliability and quality has dropped because virtually everything is either made in Mexico or Turkey.

I won't pay couture prices for Versace shirts if they're going to crank them out from Albania. Maybach and S-Class, etc. If you wanna pay for something that makes zero sense, at all, keep thinking FF. That has value merely in the fact that nothing about it makes sense, but it's still art, so why were you looking for it to make sense in the first place. That's dollars a person can afford to throw away. The SubZero has lost its lustre in terms of truly ground breaking tech and exclusivity.
    But hey - don't get me wrong. It's still a fucking magnificent machine! I just feel that extra zero stinging me.

With regards to morning parties in dishwashers: Seems like they’re all garbage these days. I have a relatively high end Kitchenaid dishwasher that less than 3 years old on its 4th upper rack height adjuster, as the mouth breathers who designed this thing thought it was a good idea to have all the weight of the upper rack supported by a plastic pin approximately 1.2mm thick.

For good kitchen ideas, I’ll mirror what others have said regarding the kick board vacuum. If your floors aren’t thwarted, I’d add a heat vent in the baseboard in front of the sink- warm feet while washing is a nice touch haha. And skip the built in coffeemaker, spend the same on a very nice espresso machine (if good coffee is your thing).

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by atgilchrist View Post
    .... I’d add a heat vent in the baseboard in front of the sink- warm feet while washing is a nice touch haha. And skip the built in coffeemaker, spend the same on a very nice espresso machine (if good coffee is your thing).
    I have this. While it's partially wonderful, it's also what we refer to as "The Garbage Warmer" keeping that trash and compost nice & warm on those special days when you put chicken in them.

So if you keep garbage or particularly compost under your sink, this may not be for you. LoL!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I have this. While it's partially wonderful, it's also what we refer to as "The Garbage Warmer" keeping that trash and compost nice & warm on those special days when you put chicken in them.

So if you keep garbage or particularly compost under your sink, this may not be for you. LoL!
    Haha yea I have a vent under my kitchen sink, I proofed bread and sourdough under there because my cabinet was so toasty
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Haha, didn’t think of that. If your garbage is under the sink, would definitely be a percolator haha.

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    What exactly is a "these"? How much maintenance does it need? We need details man!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.insinkerator.ca/product/...ter-dispensers is what google reverse image search directed me to. interesting.

spec sheet claims it dispenses at 93˚C which sounds fine for tea etc. Not sure I'd want one with kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    My wife wants one.. how do you like it?
    Sorry I hit post before I could finish my thoughts then forgot about this. The one I have is just like the picture like this one here https://www.amazon.ca/InSinkErator-H...dp/B00ZC5QRCI/

The unit sits underneath your sink, it's a little wider than a 2L carton of milk. We love it, my wife drinks hot water all the time so it's much easier and faster than having to boil a kettle repeatedly. Or having a counter top unit, taking up space having to refill it all the time and wait for it to boil. We used to have a counter top unit and after a few years it started to get rusty and eventually broke.

This under the sink unit we have had for about 2 and a half years, ever since we moved into our home and have had to do zero maintenance so far. We didn't even know these existed until we saw it in the design centre when we were picking out our fixtures. You'll need an electrical outlet under the sink to install, it comes with a filter for the water and you can have it dispense cold or hot water. We opted for just the hot water one.

My Ride
    Canyonero

Sorry I hit post before I could finish my thoughts then forgot about this. The one I have is just like the picture like this one here https://www.amazon.ca/InSinkErator-H...dp/B00ZC5QRCI/

The unit sits underneath your sink, it's a little wider than a 2L carton of milk. We love it, my wife drinks hot water all the time so it's much easier and faster than having to boil a kettle repeatedly. Or having a counter top unit, taking up space having to refill it all the time and wait for it to boil. We used to have a counter top unit and after a few years it started to get rusty and eventually broke.

This under the sink unit we have had for about 2 and a half years, ever since we moved into our home and have had to do zero maintenance so far. We didn't even know these existed until we saw it in the design centre when we were picking out our fixtures. You'll need an electrical outlet under the sink to install, it comes with a filter for the water and you can have it dispense cold or hot water. We opted for just the hot water one.
    What I like about this idea is if it breaks, or we find it's not useful, at least it's just a fairly standard-sized countertop hole that you could substitute a garburetor button or soap dispenser or filtered-water dispenser into.

My Ride
    Canyonero

Been looking into appliances. Fuck spending 15+k on an integrated fridge. I don’t care how nice they look. Not worth.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not worth
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    Been looking into appliances. Fuck spending 15+k on an integrated fridge. I don’t care how nice they look. Not worth.
    Not worth what? The looks? The performance?

I hate the look of a fridge in a kitchen. Do I hate it to the tune of $10 or $15k? I think I do.

My Ride
    Canyonero

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Not worth what? The looks? The performance?

I hate the look of a fridge in a kitchen. Do I hate it to the tune of $10 or $15k? I think I do.
    Performance. We're cool dropping three to five times what is "average" on a range / cooktop&wall-ovens, and I can easily see how my money benefits the functionality of the product (to a point- the red knob tax is obvious when you are spending $400 on a toaster).

With a fridge, I can't see how an integrated/built-in unit offers any kind of price-to-performance benefit, and in fact, I'd argue it's the opposite. Counter-depth level volume, and a scary-expensive maintenance commitment if it breaks.

As proof of this, just look at all the high end designer kitchens you see these days with a full-on second fridge/freezer hiding in the "butler's kitchen".

From an aesthetic perspective, I 100% acknowledge that there is no beating beautiful, custom-panelled integrated refrigeration. I'd just rather spend my money elsewhere.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don’t care enough about fridges to have ever spent much time on their specifics. But I don’t think a hidden/panelled fridge looks any better than a nice commercial looking built in.

Panelled fridge seems to be some kind of expectation in a high end home but I just don’t get it personally, aside from maybe resale value for other people who expect it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There are stupider things to spend your money on than a fridge that looks like it's not a fridge. I can understand the impulse.

My dream is an air fryer that's got a cabinet panel front so nobody knows I have an air fryer. Now that's living.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast