Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 149 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 149 of 192 FirstFirst ... 139 148 149 150 159 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    rally pig

^that's too much work haha.

thinking back, I dont recall ever processing iphone photos on a PC or Lightroom, just IOS apps or imovie so us moving all our camera photos to iCloud makes sense.

might just upgrade our old ipad or MBA with M chip so that I can process it on a bigger screen, assuming I can use VSCO or Darkroom IOS app on BigSur

iCloud also detected some duplicates while uploading from a pc to iCloud browser, so will save me some time cleaning them up later on
    Last edited by taemo; 12-13-2020 at 11:47 AM.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Went to Chinook Centre, to do an AppleCare+ swap to my screen broken, iPad Pro.... and of course they didn't have any of my exact iPad Pro 11", in inventory. The fella there said, here just go to apple.ca and do an Express Device Replacement.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/ipad...ss-replacement ---> click on "Start an express service" and it'll just take you back to the service loop.

Idiots, they removed it. So after calling in, and being on hold, got it sorted.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’ve been trying to find an 8th gen iPad for my dad to watch movies on while travelling for weeks (looking for a 128gb that isn’t rose gold).

What a pain in the ass, finally found on at Best Buy online this morning. Hopefully arrives before Christmas.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Grimace

Apple fitness is out today with the update to ios/watchos/tvos. Just waiting for my apple watch trial to appear so I can try it out.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Zoom optimized for Apple Silicon came out today. Decided to steal my kid's MBA M1 to do a long zoom call.

After 2 hours, I lost 9% battery hour 1, 7% battery hour 2, with an estimated remaining run time of 8:30. I don't have the patience to go through another 8+ hours, but safe to say the MBA, not even the MBP can do 10 hrs of zoom on battery without any issues.

CPU wise, zoom ate up 50% CPU of 1 core, had my usual stuff running, total CPU usage hovered at 8% user, 4% system, 88% idle for the whole 2 hours.

Yea, this shit is cray.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

So annoyed right now. My 3 year old MacBook Pro with retina and touch ID bar just died. Used it perfectly fine without issues yesterday morning and it wouldn't boot or turn on in the evening. Even after being plugged in all night. Took it to Apple and apparently some major part is fucked and it's $850 to repair it.

Even worse is the fact that my data will be lost if I go ahead with the repair and I hadn't backed it up at all in quite some time. My mistake for thinking Mac's are robust after my last MacBook Pro lasted me 10 years.

Going to try and find independent shops to see if my data can be recovered before I decide to do go ahead with any repairs. Also based on cost contemplating just getting a new one and interesting to see the prices have gone up yet again to $1699 for the cheapest ones.

Fuckin Apple.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I’ve got a 2019 13” quad core mbp with 256gb ssd I’d let go for $1000

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Just buy a base MacBook Air from the education store. $1169 I think. It’ll run circles around your MacBook Pro. I’ve been sharing the Air with my kids and it makes my pre M1 pro feel like it’s 5x slower.

And when you do, just sync everything to the cloud and save everything you want in the cloud in documents. Literally sign in, reinstall apps, and you’re good to go. I stopped backing up our Macs last year transitioning everyone to the cloud.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    I’ve got a 2019 13” quad core mbp with 256gb ssd I’d let go for $1000
    Thanks I will think about it but I am most likely leaning towards just purchasing a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Just buy a base MacBook Air from the education store. $1169 I think. It’ll run circles around your MacBook Pro. I’ve been sharing the Air with my kids and it makes my pre M1 pro feel like it’s 5x slower.

And when you do, just sync everything to the cloud and save everything you want in the cloud in documents. Literally sign in, reinstall apps, and you’re good to go. I stopped backing up our Macs last year transitioning everyone to the cloud.
    Exacrtly what I was thinking but since I need one pronto I can't seem to see any stock of the Air with 256GB available any time soon. The 512GB is available but that's 1649 and MBP is 1699, so I am thinking why not just get the MBP.

Also, how can I buy from Education store? Don't I need to be in university or at least known someone who is?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Exacrtly what I was thinking but since I need one pronto I can't seem to see any stock of the Air with 256GB available any time soon. The 512GB is available but that's 1649 and MBP is 1699, so I am thinking why not just get the MBP.

Also, how can I buy from Education store? Don't I need to be in university or at least known someone who is?
    Depends if you like the touch bar. Anyways I’m store stock replenishes every day or 2. Just check mid day make sure it’s in stock before ordering.

There’s no ID checks for edu store. Buy from the site, choose in store pickup (make sure in stock first) and just pick it up curbside or whatever.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Depends if you like the touch bar. Anyways I’m store stock replenishes every day or 2. Just check mid day make sure it’s in stock before ordering.

There’s no ID checks for edu store. Buy from the site, choose in store pickup (make sure in stock first) and just pick it up curbside or whatever.
    Great. Will check tomorrow. Was about to purchase and schedule a pickup for a MBP but would prefer Air tbh. Never used the touch bar in my old on either. Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon they will have something. As for education pricing just figured the wife's new job technically puts her under the 'employee of a K12 public or private institution' so I'd be good to buy it anyway.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Pro tip. You can create a Siri shortcut to check stock at every store in the province. Saves some clicking.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Hmm I have an 8Plus...
    Can confirm, seems to be an 8Plus issue.
    Upgraded to a 12Pro, Carplay is 100% better.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Is there a way to disable notifications for the MS Office apps on the weekend or off work hours? I tried the Downtime function on my iPhone but I have to add all the apps on the allow list and for some reason I can’t add Safari on it. Is there a block list to just add work apps?

Im finalizing my transition from Android to Apple with replacing my Chromecast Audio's. Going to go with an Raspberry Pi, DAC, and a purpose built version of linux. Will act as a receiver for airplay to plug into already existing amplified "dumb" 2.1 setups i had around the house. Should cost me about $60 per. Ill post an update once the parts arrive and i get into it.

My Ride
    FB6

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Im finalizing my transition from Android to Apple with replacing my Chromecast Audio's. Going to go with an Raspberry Pi, DAC, and a purpose built version of linux. Will act as a receiver for airplay to plug into already existing amplified "dumb" 2.1 setups i had around the house. Should cost me about $60 per. Ill post an update once the parts arrive and i get into it.
    Looking forward to your update on this, I currently have Airport expresses set up to do that but if they die I'll need a replacement.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Will google apps still support chromecast under iOS? Pondering this switch as well on the next iPhone release.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Will google apps still support chromecast under iOS? Pondering this switch as well on the next iPhone release.
    I am not sure if they plan on changing it but I know i can still cast from apps in iOS to chromecast. Audio apps like spotify work well also. My issue is Apple Music. It will not cast to anything but airplay and i am done with Spotify and making the switch which is why i want a airplay "reciever".

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

How come I can't pay using my watch or phone at the gas pumps at Petro-Canada? I tried with the watch first. Dbl clicked the side button and brought my CC up, held it to the reader but the watch gave me an error and the pump went all wacky. Had them reset the pump and I tried it again with my phone but same thing happened.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

There are a few instances where Apple Pay won’t work where nfc cards do. Another instance is paywave vending machines.

Tough to know why or to predict it.

fact.

Page 149 of 192 FirstFirst ... 139 148 149 150 159 ... LastLast