2021 f1 - Page 85 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1917

Thread: 2021 f1

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could they just have let everyone unlap and still restarted at the same spot? Doesnt take too long for lapped cars to pass since everyone is already bunched up. I think its irrelevant. The cars were already passing in the 2nd sector... so by the time they get to the SC line, they would all be long gone.
    Nope if they have let every one un lap then they would have ran out of laps.
    If FIA wanted a restart and not to finish the race behind SC then the only option they had was to red flag and then do a standing start.
    As for people questioning whether the race should have finished behind SC , well Massi did that this year in Belgium (Another fuck up ).

My Ride
    95B

As for who ever gave me neg rep and asked whether I am @shakalaka 's alt account. Very classy move.
    Just so that if you had any doubts , Yes I am Lewis fan. I followed his career from Karting days.
    I grew up watching Senna and I am a Mclaren fan as well.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Im no fan of Lewis but I also agree with this. At first glance it seemed Lewis should get a penalty. But on fairness Max did a Schumi chop into that turn. Lewis did well not to bite into Max's invitation to bond in a romantic racing embrace. Lewis gave that gap back. This was covered in the after race show. Two racing drivers gave their own views on it.

I'm not a fan of Lewis at all, but his driving was phenomenal and well disciplined. Merc played too cautious and cocked up. When it came down to it. Red Bull had nothing to lose by taking a risk. That they did.
    He who dares wins..
    Bringing the gap back to ~1sec isn't enough. He gained an advantage by keeping his position, by going off track. I think that was pretty clear cut. Max's move was late but it was legit, Brundle very much agrees on that point. Why Lewis didn't move to cover the inside is beyond me.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    But why should have there been a penalty? Max forced Lewis wide, and Lewis drove into the runoff and rejoined at the right point. If Lewis tries to make the turn, they both crash. As a Lewis hater I get that would give Max the championship. But if you heard the comms, Lewis made sure the gap between him and Max remained the same after he cut the corner, so he would have no lasting advantage. Once that was established, he drove off. He was ahead of Max before he was lunged at, and maintained the gap after he went off and rejoined. Objectively, no harm no foul, but apparently everyone's bias is clouding their judgment e.g. Buster actually cares what drivers do in their personal time like they are supposed to be role models or something...lol
    They need to do away with these runoff areas and go back to gravel.

Basically Lewis said "of course I drove off the track. If I didn't, he would have passed me."

My Ride
    Exploded.

Can’t we all be happy for Sainz P3

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    He would've been behind Max in P2 with no guarantee that they'd even get a chance to race and get it back.

I've read a lot of things complimenting RBR for their strategy and willingness to "gamble" with Max's tire change on the SC, but I would argue that it's not much of a gamble when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain: He can stay out in P2 and hope he gets a chance to race HAM on his current tires; or he can pit in P2, come out in P2 and hope he gets a chance to race HAM on his newer, fresher tires.
    And that's simply luck of the draw. If all of this took place a lap earlier and all the backmarkers had a chance to unlap themselves the outcome would have still been the same. When you're in P2 and a safety car comes out you have a strategy advantage.

To be clear I do think what Masi did was a bit questionable for sure.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    As for who ever gave me neg rep and asked whether I am @shakalaka 's alt account. Very classy move.
    Just so that if you had any doubts , Yes I am Lewis fan. I followed his career from Karting days.
    I grew up watching Senna and I am a Mclaren fan as well.
    Don’t worry the same dickhead has been hitting me up again. Good thing is that they have no worth on beyond points wise that their neg or positive rep doesn’t make a difference at all to us. Lol.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Blame Latifi

if he didn’t crash we’d be riding GOAT dick 8x

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

But.. but.. Gasly’s beard is ghastly.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

He would've been behind Max in P2 with no guarantee that they'd even get a chance to race and get it back.

I've read a lot of things complimenting RBR for their strategy and willingness to "gamble" with Max's tire change on the SC, but I would argue that it's not much of a gamble when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain: He can stay out in P2 and hope he gets a chance to race HAM on his current tires; or he can pit in P2, come out in P2 and hope he gets a chance to race HAM on his newer, fresher tires.
    Sure, and merc would have 120% done the same thing in a role reversal, so its really a moot point. They did take the gamble, the race could have ended under a SC and it could have been meaningless. In the end it wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Bringing the gap back to ~1sec isn't enough. He gained an advantage by keeping his position, by going off track. I think that was pretty clear cut. Max's move was late but it was legit, Brundle very much agrees on that point. Why Lewis didn't move to cover the inside is beyond me.
    Why didn't he cover the inside? Because if he did then he couldn't whinge on the radio in an effort to get a penalty. He knew what he was doing, he's smarter than that, he knows the runoff there is safe. Pine for a penalty early on in the race in hopes of neutering later attempts for spicy overtakes if the dog fight goes long. Lewis plays a long game, I'll give him that. I guess comfort gives you patience, I for one appreciate someone threatening that comfort
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I was just thinking. From a PR, Marketing and business perspective. If the race finished under a safety car that would have been really bad for the image of F1. I mean think about it. Come t think of it, they had less to lose if one of the drivers got screwed over.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    Sure, and merc would have 120% done the same thing in a role reversal, so its really a moot point. They did take the gamble, the race could have ended under a SC and it could have been meaningless. In the end it wasn't
    I'm not saying MB wouldn't/shouldn't, if they were in the same place. I'm just saying I don't think it's a stroke of strategic genius to do it.

If you give me the opportunity to make a 10:1 bet where I get to keep the winnings or get my money back if I lose, I'd be stupid not to.

My Ride
    ute

Masi summed up everything perfectly: "Toto, this is motorsport"

Sometimes I wonder if Lewis fans are even fans of racing.

We see the same phenomenon all of the place:

- Fan of Lebron, not basketball
    - Fan of the Yankees, not baseball
    - Fan of Crosby, not hockey
    - Fan of Tiger, not golf
    - Fan of Lewis, not F1

I wonder how many Lewis fans didn't follow the sport much before he started rolling with Mercedes? I bet it's a shockingly large number. People like to cheer for winners, because it makes them feel like a winner. It's a false sense of success for whatever their personal confidence issues might be.

My Ride
    This and that.

"It is motorsport" to make rules on the fly and change them to favour one person over the other? How can a true fan of the sport stand for that? I am not as upset that Lewis lost, I am more upset due to the manner in which he was made to lose. It's the inherent injustice of what took place that pisses me off more than actual the end result. If Max had won it on his own merit, it would have been less frustrating and actually deserving.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Masi summed up everything perfectly: "Toto, this is motorsport"

Sometimes I wonder if Lewis fans are even fans of racing.

We see the same phenomenon all of the place:

- Fan of Lebron, not basketball
    - Fan of the Yankees, not baseball
    - Fan of Crosby, not hockey
    - Fan of Tiger, not golf
    - Fan of Lewis, not F1

I wonder how many Lewis fans didn't follow the sport much before he started rolling with Mercedes? I bet it's a shockingly large number. People like to cheer for winners, because it makes them feel like a winner. It's a false sense of success for whatever their personal confidence issues might be.
    It's funny what Masi said, but sadly unprofessional. It's the same part of me that thinks it'd be funny if, next season, Toto tells Russell to bin it into a RBR/AT car and, when Masi calls him out on it, Toto replies, "This is motorsport, Michael."

You seem to have a pretty entitled view as a "real" F1 fan.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    "It is motorsport" to make rules on the fly and change them to favour one person over the other? How can a true fan of the sport stand for that? I am not as upset that Lewis lost, I am more upset due to the manner in which he was made to lose. It's the inherent injustice of what took place that pisses me off more than actual the end result. If Max had won it on his own merit, it would have been less frustrating and actually deserving.
    You live by the sword, you die by the sword. In this case, the sword was the vagary of the stewardship of the races. Lewis benefited from this as much, and quite likely more, than anyone in the history of the sport.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. In this case, the sword was the vagary of the stewardship of the races. Lewis benefited from this as much, and quite likely more, than anyone in the history of the sport.
    So then you're okay with HAM's move on T6 since it's the same level of stewardship vaguery that Max has benefitted from?

My Ride
    ute

So then you're okay with HAM's move on T6 since it's the same level of stewardship vaguery that Max has benefitted from?
    That's not what I said at all.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Sounds like it. Same sword, no?

My Ride
    Grimace

That ending kind of summed up the season really.
    The Perez defending on Hamilton was excellent though and was a key part of red bull's race while Bottas was stuck back in the pack.
    Mercedes strategy though, couldn't Hamilton have matched one of the two stops by Max?

Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast