Quantcast
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road in Cement Grey - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road in Cement Grey

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Default 2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road in Cement Grey

I've always been a Subaru fan and never thought I'd be into trucks... until I got a chance to drive a few of the new Tacoma's and I was seriously hooked. I loved the feel behind the wheel and the functionality of a truck, so I bought my first truck!

I blame my friends for letting me drive their Taco's and taking me out into Waiperous. In all seriousness, I always secretly wanted a 4runner or similar. Couldn't fit the bill for the Army Green 4runner but the Cement Grey is definitely my favorite color for the Tacoma!!

DSC09313 by Spencer, on Flickr

DSC09305 by Spencer, on Flickr

Untitled by Spencer, on Flickr

Congrats on the new Toy. Saw the first Cement Grey at North Hill Safeway parking lot just a few days ago and was very impressed. The best part of a Toy though is how well they hold up out in the bush right from stock. I agree they are a great vehicle to drive daily or bomb around out 4x4ing. Cheers

Big fan of the second photo, need more pics to confirm how big of a fan.

Awesome, I'd love to have one but i still can't get over the fact that they use drum brakes still, it probably doesn't make a huge difference in usage but still ridiculous.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I had an FJ and a Taco each for 3 years. Loved them both and miss them regularly. If they fit Child seats I would have probably kept both. Congrats on your purchase.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    This and that.

Great pics and congrats on the purchase. Looks amazing!

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome, I'd love to have one but i still can't get over the fact that they use drum brakes still, it probably doesn't make a huge difference in usage but still ridiculous.
    It doesn't make any difference at all because of what type of vehicle it is. There are 2-3 things in the Tacoma that bother most people, brakes isn't one.

So this finally got a height adjustable seat this year! What is the range of adjustment OP?

You did some photos for Toyota a while back right? With a red truck?

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Thanks guys! I'm loving it so far! Few small lighting upgrades arrived in the mail yesterday which I'm excited for!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    So this finally got a height adjustable seat this year! What is the range of adjustment OP?

You did some photos for Toyota a while back right? With a red truck?
    2020 finally a power seat I think it goes up and down about 2". Not sure the exact but I saw a video of a guy comparing his hand at the base for comparison all the up was full hand length and then all the down went just more than half his hand.

Yup I did some shots for Toyota Canada (corporate) of the 2020 Barcelona Red back in December!! It played a part in how much I enjoyed driving it haha.. (Here's some of the Taco's / work/ some personal work that I shot: https://www.spencerhogg.com/Automotive/)

It doesn't make any difference at all because of what type of vehicle it is. There are 2-3 things in the Tacoma that bother most people, brakes isn't one.

I test drove one late last year with the power seat and I have to say for the first time I finally fit in a Tacoma. I'm 6'2" with a long torso and my head used to touch the head liner but in the 20 it goes low enough so that I clear it comfortably now.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

I test drove one late last year with the power seat and I have to say for the first time I finally fit in a Tacoma. I'm 6'2" with a long torso and my head used to touch the head liner but in the 20 it goes low enough so that I clear it comfortably now.
    Nice!! I opted out of the sunroof (because it came with the leather package which I didn't really want that much) I'm about 5' 9" and feel like I have about 1 ft distance between top of my head and the roof which is nice. Feels more spacious than any of my past cars (all had sunroofs though.)

Few small goodies arrived this week in the mail!

Diode SL1 LED's for low-beams projector (currently a halogen looking yellow 4000k bulb in there)

Diode SS3 Foglights (Sport - Fog Wide throw)

and new Heritage / Pro grill that I'm a big fan of the looks haha..

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I found the issue wasn't the headroom either. What is odd about the Tacoma is the short distance from floor to roof, making the seat really low to the ground. That means your feet are pointing straight out compared to other trucks where you sit up more with your legs at more of an angle down. If you're used to sports cars this is fine, but a lot of truck guys can't get used to it.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

I found the issue wasn't the headroom either. What is odd about the Tacoma is the short distance from floor to roof, making the seat really low to the ground. That means your feet are pointing straight out compared to other trucks where you sit up more with your legs at more of an angle down. If you're used to sports cars this is fine, but a lot of truck guys can't get used to it.
    Ooohhh I can see that being a thing, and I came from my WRX. I have the seat position mounted all the way to the bottom and I feel most comfortable haha. I don't like feeling like I'm so high up above the wheel. (I've also had Status Racing seats that were literally on the floor of my WRX and that was the polar opposite - I hated being that low, could hardly see hahah). One thing I like that I never experienced / felt before is lumbar support in the lower back. Very nice, I have it outwards about 25% of the way and find my back feeling good on longer drives (we did 3 hours into BC last week.)

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Nice Truck. I love the colour.
    Great photos. If you don't mind me asking. Is it Auto/manual..? What is the gas mileage like?

Seeing this thread is making me think long and hard again about picking up a TRD Pro 6 speed manual though...

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Nice Truck. I love the colour.
    Great photos. If you don't mind me asking. Is it Auto/manual..? What is the gas mileage like?
    I love the Cement too haha, definitely my favorite color!

After 2 STI's and 1 WRX in manual, I went for the automatic with the Taco. If I ever get another "fast" car again I'd only go manual, but for the commutes to work (NE Cornerstone -> Quarry Park) I got real tired of feathering the clutch for an hour at a time each day So much more comfortable now haha.

Seeing this thread is making me think long and hard again about picking up a TRD Pro 6 speed manual though...
    Do it!! It's funny the way mutual interests can bring friends together. Some guys I haven't hung out with for a long time suddenly chatting with daily now, which is so awesome. My one friend on the far right (cement also) traded in his STI for a Tacoma too!!

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Light dusting of snow last night and the Taco handled well. Definitely takes some change in driving habits compared to the WRX haha!

Did a few cosmetic things this week that I quite like.

DSC09455 by Spencer, on Flickr

DSC09419 by Spencer, on Flickr

DSC09426 by Spencer, on Flickr

Finally have a use for this step ladder that was sitting under my stairs in storage

My Ride
    TRD Pro

SS3 pods not in yet?? I should get mine next week...

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Was going to do them over the weekend but then got busy with some other stuff didn't finish Planning to install Wednesday evening though!

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Are they road legal? i love having the sun on as im driving at night..

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Are they road legal? i love having the sun on as im driving at night..
    The 4 amber lights aka "raptor lights" knock offs? I'm not sure, I know they come factory on the bigger trucks (I believe actually required by law due to their width??) but this is just merely cosmetic haha. I can't afford that 100K raptor life!!

But I promise you they're not nearly as bright and overpowering as they look in that shot above, it's just because it's a longer exposure and slow shutter in the dark. When the OEM halogen's are on then you can hardly see them. They're just 2 single little diode's on a small board in there. (This shot is just the DRL's, and you can kind of tell, they look extremely bright, way brighter than they really are.)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast