Quantcast
Want To Buy / Looking For SE warehouse space - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: SE warehouse space

Default SE warehouse space

Just curious if anyone on here has some industrial warehouse space for lease or sublease. I'm playing with the idea of a startup, so I'm looking for a short term (6-12months) with the option to renew. Only need about 200 sq/ft of warehouse space and a small office and washroom, so my preference would be for a smaller bay. Preference to Manchester or Highfield industrial parks.

I've looked at a couple, but it seems like every other bay that I inquire about is already leased, or they want a 3-5 year lease. Which really surprises me, given the current economic environment.

Thanks!

My work neighbor rents out his shop over the winter since his business is seasonal. He might be willing to work something out with you. School Start is the company.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Typically you wont find a Headlease that is on such a short term due to the leasing costs involved and LL not wanting to do it over again a few months down the road. Your best bet is a short term sublease, but even then can be tricky for a start up unless you pre-pay.
    The size you are looking for is even tougher..(<500sf) thats more of a shared bay that landlords arent keen on because its tough to hold one group responsible. It may be worth a shot contacting a brokerage and have some Jr guy show you around, or simply drive through the area looking for sublease signs. Your best bet may be kijiji....

Thanks, I appreciate the info! I kind of assumed I might have to pre-pay, since land lords might get worried about a startup failing then not being able to collect rent. I'm also open to renting an entire bay by myself, but it seems difficult to find any under 2000 sqft with a decent rate and even harder short term. So I was hoping some beyonder on here might have one sitting vacant that they're trying to lease or sublease and would be open to leasing to another beyonder.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Typically you wont find a Headlease that is on such a short term due to the leasing costs involved and LL not wanting to do it over again a few months down the road. Your best bet is a short term sublease, but even then can be tricky for a start up unless you pre-pay.
    The size you are looking for is even tougher..(<500sf) thats more of a shared bay that landlords arent keen on because its tough to hold one group responsible. It may be worth a shot contacting a brokerage and have some Jr guy show you around, or simply drive through the area looking for sublease signs. Your best bet may be kijiji....