Recession car deals - Page 96 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 96 of 105 FirstFirst ... 86 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2092

Thread: Recession car deals

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "explore payment options" is fun for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Anyone seen any good deals on fun “economy” cars (Civic Si, Focus SVT, 500 Abarth kinda thing).

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    2017 1LE 1SS here. Make sure you go with a manual transmission first and foremost (does the 1LE even come with an auto, dono). I picked mine up for $35k with 14k on it, was practically new. I was always a BMW guy, from a couple M3s and was even looking at that manual M6 a few pages back. I always knocked American cars but this chassis and drive/powertrain is on par if not better than the E90 M3s I had. The interior is definitely cheaper and rattles more, but the driving experience is worth it. I'm a taller guy, 6'3" and fit in the Recaros perfectly, helmet room could get tricky. First thing is ditch the POS Goodyear tires for something of quality like Michelin or Conti, but the 285/305 tires are $$$$.
    Bump. I waited until August to pull the trigger, by that time no 2019s were left. Ended up with a 2020 1SS 1LE, white w/ the black accents for $47,600 + tax. I fucking love this car, it's a blast to drive on the street and insane on the track.

Curious why you think the F1s are shit? I was able to run a 64.8 at Stratotech with stock alignment, very impressed with the grip level for street tires. The only complaint I have is that I corded the passenger front tire after 2 track days and less than 4,500 total KMs of mostly highway driving.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by EM2FTL View Post
    Bump. I waited until August to pull the trigger, by that time no 2019s were left. Ended up with a 2020 1SS 1LE, white w/ the black accents for $47,600 + tax. I fucking love this car, it's a blast to drive on the street and insane on the track.

Curious why you think the F1s are shit? I was able to run a 64.8 at Stratotech with stock alignment, very impressed with the grip level for street tires. The only complaint I have is that I corded the passenger front tire after 2 track days and less than 4,500 total KMs of mostly highway driving.
    Nice buy. These things are starting to do well for value too. In the states last year most 2017-18's were going for 30-33K USD this year most seem to be 34-38K USD. I think people finally figured out just how insanely capable these cars are.

The GY SC3's are an amazing summer/track tire, I did a 1:27 flat at Castrol on three year old ones that spent a winter outside

If you're going to do track days you definitely need to set your alignment in accordance with the the GM Performance Supplement, at a minimum.
    Last edited by 94boosted; 10-29-2020 at 03:34 PM.

My Ride
    ute

No pictures? c'mon man.

My Ride
    Silverado

if we ever have a stable job environment again there is definitely a camaro in my future.

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

is 30% to 40% off on a prestine 2019 luxury stock a good buy?

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Depends on the vehicle. Some vehicles are 35% off all the time. What is it? Post the advert.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

the guy is willing to go around 70K .....

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/jaguar/f..._15_23&sprx=-2

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    No pictures? c'mon man.
    Agreed, shits weak (until you post pics)

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Agreed, shits weak (until you post pics)
    lol my mistake

Name:  ED49E03D-5610-4A0F-A865-5E30FDA9E698.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  148.4 KBName:  72340C54-7874-4875-B63C-BEF2739545E7.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  50.5 KB

https://flic.kr/p/2jHSYWY

https://flic.kr/p/2jHTGPS

https://flic.kr/p/2jHPkwF

My Ride
    ute

Awesome!!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by KLCC View Post

That’s all it’s really worth.

Jags drop in value like a rock.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Nice buy. These things are starting to do well for value too. In the states last year most 2017-18's were going for 30-33K USD this year most seem to be 34-38K USD. I think people finally figured out just how insanely capable these cars are.

The GY SC3's are an amazing summer/track tire, I did a 1:27 flat at Castrol on three year old ones that spent a winter outside

If you're going to do track days you definitely need to set your alignment in accordance with the the GM Performance Supplement, at a minimum.
    Thanks! I'm in love with it, there are places on track where I would never have believed a car with this power could be WOT at corner exit but those 305/30s hook up so well. When you do the CAD to USD conversion they're an incredible bargain IMO, even without the heavy MSRP discount GM was offering this summer.

I will definitely do an alignment next year (downloaded the performance supplement manual right away), but I just focused on fluid changes pre-event and wanted to see how the car would perform out of the box. It's awesome that we can get -2 camber out of the OEM setup, looking forward to dialing it in.

Re: Castrol, I ran a 1:29.1 in an NA FC RX-7 on slicks a few years ago, can't wait to see what the 1LE will do next year! Let me know if you're coming out to any TJ or ASA events, it would be fun to run with another 6th gen.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Essentially the wear, they don’t last from what I’ve seen. I’ll be going Michelin when I’m due for replacements. With autox on hold I can’t personally justify the level of wear for an essentially street only vehicle. Since I bought it I’ve already went through all 8 injectors due to a cold start misfire issue. Apparently it’s common with these engines, no drive ability issues it’s just annoying. All replaced under extended warranty.
    Last edited by jutes; 11-01-2020 at 09:52 PM.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KLCC View Post

At $70k that is a good buy, you could theoretically drive it for a year or so and break even.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Thanks! I'm in love with it, there are places on track where I would never have believed a car with this power could be WOT at corner exit but those 305/30s hook up so well. When you do the CAD to USD conversion they're an incredible bargain IMO, even without the heavy MSRP discount GM was offering this summer.

I will definitely do an alignment next year (downloaded the performance supplement manual right away), but I just focused on fluid changes pre-event and wanted to see how the car would perform out of the box. It's awesome that we can get -2 camber out of the OEM setup, looking forward to dialing it in.

Re: Castrol, I ran a 1:29.1 in an NA FC RX-7 on slicks a few years ago, can't wait to see what the 1LE will do next year! Let me know if you're coming out to any TJ or ASA events, it would be fun to run with another 6th gen.
    Yah I'll definitely be doing a TJ event or two next year, hopefully with a fresh set of tires this time and hopefully when it's warmer than 9°C

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    Pfff, -2.0 degrees that ain't nothing. @94boosted , can show you how to get nearly -3.0 degrees up front.
    If I didn't care as much about staying SCCA BS legal with my car I'd be getting some camber plates but since I do care I built my own #allthecamberz tool, loosened every single suspension bolt and fought with the car to get an extra 0.3° f camber. You should easily be able to get 2.6-2.7 without doing this though.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Yah I'll definitely be doing a TJ event or two next year, hopefully with a fresh set of tires this time and hopefully when it's warmer than 9°C

If I didn't care as much about staying SCCA BS legal with my car I'd be getting some camber plates but since I do care I built my own #allthecamberz tool, loosened every single suspension bolt and fought with the car to get an extra 0.3° f camber. You should easily be able to get 2.6-2.7 without doing this though.

9° is a nice temp for setting fast lap times. Anything above 15° and I think you’ll find it harder to manage tire heat etc.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

If you have any interest in a black fuel door cover I have one for sale... +10 hp gainz

Page 96 of 105 FirstFirst ... 86 95 96 97 ... LastLast