Quantcast
So, should I chip my Q5? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: So, should I chip my Q5?

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remind me to avoid Riander’s marketplace links in the future with that attitude.
    When's the last time you bought a car and they told you about every time they smoked a pothole or scraped the underside of the front bumper or that time a friend puked in the back and they had to clean it up, or that time they bagged the sh*t out of it or how many times they have launched it? Do you do that when you sell your cars? Nobody sells a car and volunteers that kind of information - the exception being major damage, major known issues, etc. which would show up in an inspection anyway. The fact that it was chipped would also likely be revealed in the inspection.

If they ask a specific question and you lie, THAT is where it becomes an issue, both morally and probably legally. As far as choosing not to make the Kijiji headline "Previously Chipped Q5" well I don't think there is any obligation whatsoever to do that, nor would that be the norm on the used market, and especially if the vehicle passes an inspection and is left in original operating condition. When I sold my old chipped S4, the extra power was a positive selling point and it sold almost right away, but prospective Q5 buyers are probably a different demographic.

To the OP: I would go APR, they know Audi and make a good product with a good reputation. My experience with them however is a little older, but I had a 2000 S4 that was chipped for over 130,000km with not one single issue. Just make sure your transmission can handle it, that is the only thing that would make me worried.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Everyone thinks their mods are tasteful and are exactly what the market wants.

They are near universally wrong. No one wants your project.

People might not ask the question, but why do you think every other Kijiji ad says lady driven and not “this was a teenagers first car”. Use what information you know or can infer to make good decisions.

Like not buying cars from people who admit to being ok with lying about the cars history.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Concept 1 carries APR
    Tunerworks has GIAC

People might not ask the question, but why do you think every other Kijiji ad says lady driven and not “this was a teenagers first car”. Use what information you know or can infer to make good decisions.

Like not buying cars from people who admit to being ok with lying about the cars history.
    Appearance mods are different and I would agree with you - usually they are very personal and selling "stock" is better. Most of the time, nobody wants anything to do with your appearance mods.

"Lady Driven" is not a selling point IMO, in my experience it means lots of curb rash, car washes with the broom-brush, questionable maintenance, purses on the paint, zero paint maintenance, etc.

You didn't really answer my question though. If he chooses not to advertise that his car was once chipped (and isn't at the time of sale), how is that different than the guy who bags the sh*t out of his car and isn't like "by the way, I am super hard on my cars" when someone comes to look at it? Do you tell prospective buyers about everything that has ever happened to your car that may reduce it's longevity or have an impact on it's long-term reliability before they even ask?

Or in your example, how is not advertising that it was chipped different than not advertising "teenager's first car"? Nobody does that, it isn't shady. The shady part would be lying if asked.

Not volunteering/advertising information is completely different than lying when asked or actively trying to conceal something - I don't think anyone is suggesting he denies the car was ever chipped if asked, and if the prospective buyer gets an inspection they would probably find out anyway.

My Ride
    Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Concept 1 carries APR
    Tunerworks has GIAC
    And Tunedub has unitronic

You really can't go wrong with any of these tunes
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

I don’t know it seems everyone is shady in their own way. For a while wasn’t it a common thing on beyond for people to lease vehicles, modify them and then Return them to stock before returning the vehicle to the dealer without telling them anything about it? Don’t know if you were part of that crew but it was pretty common to see people admitting it on beyond.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    I probably should still try to sell it though, I am so lazy, haha.
    How much are you selling it for? Just make it easy and sell it to a Beyonder/me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    I don’t know it seems everyone is shady in their own way. For a while wasn’t it a common thing on beyond for people to lease vehicles, modify them and then Return them to stock before returning the vehicle to the dealer without telling them anything about it? Don’t know if you were part of that crew but it was pretty common to see people admitting it on beyond.
    Haha yeah, that is one reason why I will never buy a lease back - they are probably the most abused cars on the road next to rentals. Nobody is 100% honest and forthcoming when selling something, vehicle or not. Nobody. If someone asks a specific question, you answer honestly, but good luck finding a seller who will present you with a list of everything that has happened to the car that could be viewed as a negative.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    By the way, where to get APR tuned in Calgary? I heard good thing about them ..

You really cant go too wrong with any of the big branded tunes..
    Last edited by T-Dubbs; 05-16-2018 at 09:24 AM. Reason: copy
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3