Quantcast
Beyond CSI: Check out this guy trying to steal my stuff... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond CSI: Check out this guy trying to steal my stuff...

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt I'm alone in saying that any such POS should be shot.
    I'm all for defending yourself. I'm also somewhat for defending your property. I'm NOT for killing someone because they *almost* stole your tire.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I'm all for defending yourself. I'm also somewhat for defending your property. I'm NOT for killing someone because they *almost* stole your tire.
    Amen. I just want people to stay the heck away from my house, my property and my family. Maybe if we were allowed to defend these things, tools like this would think twice about brazenly walking up to my stuff and trying to steal it? Maybe not. Even with this exposure this video has gotten, I'm sure he's not overly worried because the police won't likely do anything about it.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

I'm NOT sure how to defend against such a naive and delusional position, but good luck in hugging a thief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freshprince1 View Post
    Amen. I just want people to stay the heck away from my house, my property and my family. Maybe if we were allowed to defend these things, tools like this would think twice about brazenly walking up to my stuff and trying to steal it? Maybe not. Even with this exposure this video has gotten, I'm sure he's not overly worried because the police won't likely do anything about it.
    I don't think you know what contradiction means.

My Ride
    Trucks

Killing no, crippling injury yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    Uh huh.

So are you and your kids going to work to pay for this?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    I honestly don't know what I would have done in this situation. My macho inner self would like to think he'd be headed for a beatdown, but unless I caught someone actually IN my vehicle or walking away with my stuff I don't think I'd do that. Somehow, due to the fact he was scared off here, I'm not sure I could justify it. I think I'd just do exactly what the OP did.

... Somehow, due to the fact he was scared off here, I'm not sure I could justify it. I think I'd just do exactly what the OP did.
    Me too. I caught a kid going through my car a few years back. Grabbed him and threw him to the ground. He started bawling. I made him empty his pockets, he had nothing but loose change in his pockets. Turns out he was 16 and lived in my neighbourhood came from a rough home and probably never had decent parenting.

Why would I want to injure someone like that? What kind of person would I be if I had harmed him? Most he would have got was a $200 iPod sitting in my console and I can easily replace that.

At the end of the day decent people don’t want to harm anyone and have serious reservations about doing so.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Except Seth. He's one tough badass.

Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Me too. I caught a kid going through my car a few years back. Grabbed him and threw him to the ground. He started bawling. I made him empty his pockets, he had nothing but loose change in his pockets. Turns out he was 16 and lived in my neighbourhood came from a rough home and probably never had decent parenting.

Why would I want to injure someone like that? What kind of person would I be if I had harmed him? Most he would have got was a $200 iPod sitting in my console and I can easily replace that.

At the end of the day decent people don’t want to harm anyone and have serious reservations about doing so.
    The fuck kinda mentality is that?? So because he played the part of a disenfranchised young kid from a broken home, it’s ok for him to steal your shit?? You worked to buy that iPod, if he wants one of his own he can damn well get a job and go buy one. I don’t buy this “victim of circumstance” bullshit. Some of the most successful people I know have come from broken homes and nothing. If you aren’t happy with where you’re at, you change it. You don’t use it as an excuse to steal from other people who work harder than you.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    The fuck kinda mentality is that?? So because he played the part of a disenfranchised young kid from a broken home, it’s ok for him to steal your shit?? You worked to buy that iPod, if he wants one of his own he can damn well get a job and go buy one. I don’t buy this “victim of circumstance” bullshit. Some of the most successful people I know have come from broken homes and nothing. If you aren’t happy with where you’re at, you change it. You don’t use it as an excuse to steal from other people who work harder than you.
    the problem with this kind of mentality is quite often it leads to the wrong person being "convicted" there are way too many people who would go busting kneecaps without actually catching the person in the act... just based off their assumptions
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    something green

I've been thinking about what to do if I see this guy. If I do see him, I think I am going to follow him around for as long as I can to make him nervous....I won't do a high speed chase or anything like that, just tail him for awhile and make it known that I'm following him.
    Too loud for Aspen

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    Where in my post did I say it was ok for him to steal my stuff? Please show me specifically where I stated that as I can’t find it

What I said was there was absolutely no reason for me to “put him in the hospital” over loose change and a shitty iPod. Punishment fits the crime, that’s how decent rational people should approach things.

This whole “string em up” mentality is the reason there are non-violent offenders doing hard time for selling a drug that is about to be legalized.........

Edit: and FYI that wasn’t some sob story he told me. A neighbour saw the commotion and came out after to chat with me, knew who the kid was and said his dad was a piece of trash. Could be just the guys opinion but it fit
    Last edited by J-hop; 03-27-2018 at 06:23 PM.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    All these posts and no ones suggested you shoot the thief??? Yet those living on an acreage think that's the solution to thieves these days...
    go slam your head against a wall

People living out in the country are in a completely different position when it comes to dealing with trespassers, they don't have 1000 potential witnesses to report the sound of a gunshot, or to witness him knock you out and tie you up while he drags you inside and literally does whatever he wants for as long as he wants, to you and whatever friends and family are in the house.

Nearly every variable that the perp has to worry about when doing a B&E in a neighbourhood like that is completely eliminated when he takes his business to a property outside the city. Even houses in semi-regulated suburb neighbourhoods on 2-acre lots, you can't see anything but the top of your neighbours house and a lot of the time can hardly see the house from the end of the driveway. Why do you think he was acting like he was being watched the entire time?

A PERFECT EXAMPLE TO USE HERE WOULD BE THE COP THAT GOT SHOT TODAY, ONE OF THE SHOOTERS NEIGHBOURS WATCHED THE OFFICER HIT THE GROUND!
    If its in plain sight surrounded by eyes, someone is going to see it. If that happened out in the country where he knows none of his neighbours even knew there were police at his house he could have potentially shot both responding officers and fled before back-up even knew there was a situation.

OP, if you lived in a house on 20 acres out in bearspaw with trees everywhere and a beautiful winding driveway (traits most of those properties share), would you have just walked out in your slippers and pajamas aiming your phone at him and talking shit? Because I can guarantee he would have acted a hell of a lot differently than he did in this situation.

gwill, you thought so hard about that little troll post that I feel bad not giving you what you wanted..

THAT FUCKER DESERVES TO BE SHOT AND KILLED, PUT DOWN THE PHONE AND PICK UP YOUR PISTOL OP!!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    I don't think I'd engage directly either, you can get in too much legal trouble these days if you are the first one to throw a punch, even if it is justified.

With that said if I was certain he was trying to steal my shit I might slash one of his tires or turn the hose on him. I doubt somebody like this would call the cops. Plus if he decides to get tough, well then at least you can play the self defense card and show him the business end of a breaker bar.
    and then live in fear of retaliation for the next few years... worry about your wife or kids safety because this POS knows where you live.... OP did the right thing, stop it in action in a calm(ish) manner, the only better outcome would have been if the cops caught the guy.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:17 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    There is no guarantee that he won't retaliate for taking photos of him either though. If you can do something to get him caught you will have his name. I agree with your point though.

I in no way am saying OP didn't do the right thing btw. Not putting yourself in danger is always the safest course of action.
    That's true, but at the same time, guy become suspect #1
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by CMW403 View Post
    go slam your head against a wall

People living out in the country are in a completely different position when it comes to dealing with trespassers, they don't have 1000 potential witnesses to report the sound of a gunshot, or to witness him knock you out and tie you up while he drags you inside and literally does whatever he wants for as long as he wants, to you and whatever friends and family are in the house.

Nearly every variable that the perp has to worry about when doing a B&E in a neighbourhood like that is completely eliminated when he takes his business to a property outside the city. Even houses in semi-regulated suburb neighbourhoods on 2-acre lots, you can't see anything but the top of your neighbours house and a lot of the time can hardly see the house from the end of the driveway. Why do you think he was acting like he was being watched the entire time?

A PERFECT EXAMPLE TO USE HERE WOULD BE THE COP THAT GOT SHOT TODAY, ONE OF THE SHOOTERS NEIGHBOURS WATCHED THE OFFICER HIT THE GROUND!
    If its in plain sight surrounded by eyes, someone is going to see it. If that happened out in the country where he knows none of his neighbours even knew there were police at his house he could have potentially shot both responding officers and fled before back-up even knew there was a situation.

OP, if you lived in a house on 20 acres out in bearspaw with trees everywhere and a beautiful winding driveway (traits most of those properties share), would you have just walked out in your slippers and pajamas aiming your phone at him and talking shit? Because I can guarantee he would have acted a hell of a lot differently than he did in this situation.

gwill, you thought so hard about that little troll post that I feel bad not giving you what you wanted..

THAT FUCKER DESERVES TO BE SHOT AND KILLED, PUT DOWN THE PHONE AND PICK UP YOUR PISTOL OP!!
    I love the fear mongering in your post. So you want different set of laws and a 2 tiered justice system for someone who doesn't live in the city. Got ya...

I was genuinely surprised no one mentioned shooting him but then I realized he lives in town and city folk are typically more civilized when it comes to things like this.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I love the fear mongering in your post. So you want different set of laws and a 2 tiered justice system for someone who doesn't live in the city. Got ya...

I was genuinely surprised no one mentioned shooting him but then I realized he lives in town and city folk are typically more civilized when it comes to things like this.
    This really is a stupid post, if you don't see the difference in self defense (personal and property) mechanisms between a situation where Police are 6 minutes away and one where they are 40 then you're trying to be an idiot. And that isn't fear-mongering,
    it's reality.

EDIT - gwill, the last thing I think is that you're stupid actually. I could have replied in a far more constructive manner for conversation.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 03-28-2018 at 11:02 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

I’m actually fairly certain he was just typing the plot to a Hollywood horror movie, fairly certain I watched that one.

He just told the OP he should have pulled out a gun and shot the guy over attempted theft which would undoubtedly land the OP in jail. The OP would no doubt lose their job, if they have kids they’d be in a single parent home with one income. Depending on if the OP killed the guy and ended up in jail for murder the wife would probably be forced to sell their home and downsize to stay above water. The kids would grow up hearing their dad was a killer who shot someone that looked like they were attempting to steal an old utility trailer.....

People should give their head a shake if they think that is the preferable outcome to what the OP did. I’d be willing to bet most of this “macho talk” is just that, talk. If you actually act like that you yourself are a danger to society

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This really is a stupid post, if you don't see the difference in self defense (personal and property) mechanisms between a situation where Police are 6 minutes away and one where they are 40 then you're trying to be an idiot. And that isn't fear-mongering,
    it's reality.
    The fact is violent home invasions are statistically extremely low in Calgary, I think that is what Gwill is getting at. People aren’t getting hog tied and beaten left right and Center. Not saying there is zero risk, but people often don’t comprehend the leap from non-violent to violent offences is extremely large.

403 saying the OP should have shot the guy in the video is ludicrous....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast