Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 117 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 117 of 257 FirstFirst ... 107 116 117 118 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But to step up to a Lariat? Would have been another $4k-$5k easy, and for a lot of options I think a lot of truck buyers don't value.
    Truck market has changed a ton and you'd be surprised how many people want the loaded trucks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Truck market has changed a ton and you'd be surprised how many people want the loaded trucks now.
    It does surprise me. I suppose I may just be cheap? The value proposition and depreciation of new vehicles is awful, only reason I did it was because of business needs.

Also, used truck prices in Alberta are batty right now. No idea what is going on there.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

It does surprise me. I suppose I may just be cheap? The value proposition and depreciation of new vehicles is awful, only reason I did it was because of business needs.

Also, used truck prices in Alberta are batty right now. No idea what is going on there.
    It's pretty easy. Most people are upside down on their vehicles, and they list them on Kijiji and such at inflated prices trying to pay off their loans. Others compare their vehicles to the ones on auto trader, kijiji, etc, and think their trucks are worth more now too, so you see a lot of trucks at higher prices.

I mean, i see trucks all the time with 200+ kms on it for 12-15,000+. it's retarded
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I had a XL sport package off the lot for $38.5k+gst lined up. The extra $2k for a XLT sport package with lots of goodies was a no brainer.

But to step up to a Lariat? Would have been another $4k-$5k easy, and for a lot of options I think a lot of truck buyers don't value.
    I bought an XLT Sport SCREW and paid sub 40k with a bunch of dealer addons and the 302A package (dealer addons like Katzkin leather seats, tonneau, step bar, mud flaps, and a side deal of 20" Torque Rims with KO02's). The dealer was willing to move heavily on the price of the XLT. The discount offered was way more on the XLT than a lariat (502A) which for me would have been almost 10k more with the same dealer addons, and yes i get the comparison is poor because the difference in packages.

*Full disclosure my work pays for my vehicle as long as the price is under 40k (and the gas consumption fits their guidelines) so a lariat wasn't an option going in.
    Last edited by Kavy; 06-27-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    It's pretty easy. Most people are upside down on their vehicles, and they list them on Kijiji and such at inflated prices trying to pay off their loans. Others compare their vehicles to the ones on auto trader, kijiji, etc, and think their trucks are worth more now too, so you see a lot of trucks at higher prices.

I mean, i see trucks all the time with 200+ kms on it for 12-15,000+. it's retarded
    or you get guys like this...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...7106?undefined

I'd love to know how that adds up to 35 grand in extras...

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post

Hahahaha. Not only is that hideous, it’s probably about $15-17k overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    I bought an XLT Sport SCREW and paid sub 40k .
    Is that your 2019? Was this last year? That seems like an incredible deal!

I think its a fair comparison, its super helpful info for people in the future.

The price I got seems fair, hard to ever tell what is a super deal. I tried finding leftover 2019's but 2.7 supercabs with the hd payload package were few and far between.

I probably could have got the XL sport package for $38.5k including gst if I pushed them or came back next month.

Always interesting to hear people's dealership stories. After this go around, I'm glad to not do it for another decade.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Yes it’s a 2019. I walked in December 24th at noon and picked it up the 26th. I actually went in looking to buy a ranger because I didn’t not believe I could get a F150 for sub 40k that would have what I required. It was the employee pricing event plus they gave me a loyalty bonus. I went to Cam Clark and to be honest they were nothing short of amazing and they have my business for life. I told them the invoice could not be over 40k due to my work paying the invoice and there was a limit restriction. The sales manager chatted with me about my works program and the guidelines then walked away for about 15 minutes and came back with $39,999.99 on the bill of sale. I signed and ran out of of there like I stole something. The MSRP was $57,969.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Re: Flaps - I got myself some Husky mudflaps, no drill application, looks clean, and easy to install. Way way cheaper than the OEMs

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post

I'd be willing to pay upwards of $0 for a truck that's been sprayed in box liner.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    I'd be willing to pay upwards of $0 for a truck that's been sprayed in box liner.
    But Bro (I assume the current owner would call people bro) it's durable!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

The generator is a game changer IMO. Having 20 amp available is huge for a truck. There was a few times i needed to power some pretty hefty tools from my truck, but it just wouldn't cut it.

My Ride

I agree. I’m liking the generator.

I’m also liking the power trains, even thought they’re the same essentially.

The V8 gets cylinder deactivation. The base 3.3L gets the 10sp.

You know, the base NA 3.3 is quite the over achiever like it’s 2.7L cousin. With the new 10sp and hopefully a power tweak, it’ll be alright!

I’m thinking 9.0L/100km with the base power train. I think it was 9.3 or there abouts before with The 6sp.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Re: Flaps - I got myself some Husky mudflaps, no drill application, looks clean, and easy to install. Way way cheaper than the OEMs
    Ditto

Got the truck.

What are peoples' thoughts on tunes?

Serious torque management going on it seems when dropping the hammer, also seems to unneccessarily downshift from 10th to 9th on the highway when encountering hills.

Is the downshift to prevent LSPI?

I am hopeful the truck breaks in, 11.5L/100km at 116km/h all highway. Not bad, but not as rated.

Crazy good mileage in town, even with autostop/start turned off it sips fuel in the city.

My Ride

Got the truck.

Serious torque management going on it seems when dropping the hammer, also seems to unneccessarily downshift from 10th to 9th on the highway when encountering hills.

I am hopeful the truck breaks in, 11.5L/100km at 116km/h all highway. Not bad, but not as rated.

Crazy good mileage in town, even with autostop/start turned off it sips fuel in the city.
    It’ll get a little better mpg. I just did a 482km 99% highway and I got 10/100 going 110.

Actually, you’ll see better mpg if you downshift to 7th yourself right before hills. The ecu tried to keep it in 9/10’ans ends up dumping more fuel. At 110 with 3.55 gears, in around 2600rpm and the little 2.7 has a bit more torque to claw the hills without resorting to boost.

With windy conditions, the 2.7 sees worse mpg on the highway than the 3.5 and 5.0.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Got the truck.

Can't attest to the 2.7, but all 3 of the 3.5's I have had are/were tuned. The first was through Edge (wouldn't recommend, had major failures with starting) my current and previous both use the Livernois tune. Gains are excellent with just the tuner however I did add exhaust/intake, stat. I have had zero issues with the tune, first truck ran it from about 35k kms to 170k kms, current truck is at 68k kms been tuned since almost new.

Forgot about 5 star as well. personally no experience but I know guys that run the SCT from them.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Hahahaha. Not only is that hideous, it’s probably about $15-17k overpriced.
    Its a good thing that 9" antenna was professionally installed or I'd be taking a second guess
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Got the truck.

I didn't like the tunes on my truck and I got rid of them and the tuner. I went through 5star for 87,89,91 octane tunes. They screwed up the first one and deactivated my radiator shutters so the truck ran super hot for a bit until I troubleshot that. After that I have to say I didn't like the drivability of the truck with the tune, it was really not smooth, power delivery was inconsistent, I somehow had a wastegate actuator die literally right when I did the tune so hard to say if that was a factor or coincidence. I did everything to get the truck to drive nice, but no dice. Decided it wasn't worth getting some other company to write tunes for a few hundred bucks, cut my losses and sold my tuner. By the way, DON'T buy an SCT GTX. Pay a shit ton of cash, and its VIN locked to one vehicle unless you pay them to unlock it. The cheaper tuners have 5 slots, which is much better.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 117 of 257 FirstFirst ... 107 116 117 118 127 ... LastLast