Apple Thread - Page 63 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 63 of 193 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like a relevant thread to ask this...

Does Apple TV 4K let you rent 4K movies? Apple is notorious for not having options show up on PC that are available on apple tv etc. so curious if one of the Apple TV fanatics on here knows the answer.

Best I can tell Microsoft's video store which is my go to doesn't let you rent anything in 4K, clicked through a couple dozen on their store and the only 4K options are to buy which is kindof irritating.

Anything I want to own I am a physical media nerd and I have a growing UHD Blu-Ray collection, but just for a rental here or there beyond what Netflix etc. offer it would be awesome to be able get it in 4K...
    Yes.

It’s too bad you’re a physical media nerd. I’m about to round up all my physical media and sell it all. Apple upgraded about 100 of my purchased movies from 1080p to 4K for free with more getting upgraded free monthly.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Yes.

It’s too bad you’re a physical media nerd. I’m about to round up all my physical media and sell it all. Apple upgraded about 100 of my purchased movies from 1080p to 4K for free with more getting upgraded free monthly.
    I like to pretend the compression makes a difference haha. My DVD collection is pretty obscene in and of itself. I have deluded myself into thinking it’s almost as cool as collecting Vynil haha.

How’s the selection? Most new things available in 4K as soon as they are available to rent? Was too busy to get out to watch the new Jurassic Park and deadpool 2 this summer and I would love to rent it.

Besides, pretty much anything I buy physical gives me iTunes redemption codes anyways. I just barely use them which is my own fault.
    Last edited by killramos; 09-05-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I like to pretend the compression makes a difference haha. My DVD collection is pretty obscene in and of itself. I have deluded myself into thinking it’s almost as cool as collecting Vynil haha.

How’s the selection? Most new things available in 4K as soon as they are available to rent? Was too busy to get out to watch the new Jurassic Park and deadpool 2 this summer and I would love to rent it.

Besides, pretty much anything I buy physical gives me iTunes redemption codes anyways. I just barely use them which is my own fault.
    Send me the redemption codes haha I’ll be more than happy to take them. My digital library is pretty huge, about 700 movies now, 130 or so in 4K.

Movies drop first for purchase on digital, usually a week before physical media. After that another 2-3 weeks it opens up for rental.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Bored tonight and browsing internet and came across this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0d1BRoaHbU

To be honest, I like Apple and have a lot of their products but I got to say I do agree with pretty much everything in that video. That being said, it's not going to stop me from buying Apple products cause I am just so used to them now and what not but definitely see the point in that video.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post

To be honest, I like Apple and have a lot of their products but I got to say I do agree with pretty much everything in that video. That being said, it's not going to stop me from buying Apple products cause I am just so used to them now and what not but definitely see the point in that video.
    That's just pending hate for views, there are other legitimate issues.

And if you are one of those people that changes phones every year (I think your case is every month ), Apple resale is pretty strong. So who cares about longevity of Apple products.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post

Planned obsolescence isn’t really an Apple issue, it’s industry wide. Try running the latest Windows 10 on an old Surface Pro and prepare for butthurt. You can’t blame the industry though, we want (or are forced) new features, and that shit needs more cpu, memory and everything else to run. Of course it’ll run like shit on older hardware, I dunno why/how you would expect otherwise. There’s no reason to upgrade to the latest and greatest OS until it becomes obsolete and unsupported for security when it comes to desktops and laptops. Don’t really have a choice with iOS as every release puts the last version obsolete immediately. That is a fair criticism on apples part.

I’m actually surprised with the direction Apple went with iOS 12. They actually spent time to clean up and optimize the code to minimize this phenomenon on older hardware. I’ve got iOS 12 beta running on an iPad mini 2 which is something like 5 years old and it’s much more usable than iOS 11. So that sorta addresses the issue, but not in an ideal way as you’re still forced on the latest/greatest to remain secure.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea to me it doesn't really matter. I don't keep the phones for that long but I do see the issue for the people that do. Specifically with that whole scandal about Apple admitting that they purposely slow down the older phones so that people are forced to upgrade. I used to think of myself as a non brand loyalist and I still am to a point, but no Android phone comes close to the fluidity, smoothness and user experience I get with Apple. I've had the iPhone X literally since the first day it came out and I still have it. Yes, I got bored and tried a few other phones here and there like the Essential phone, Note 8, Blackberry Key2 but kept going back to the iPhone within relatively short periods of time. So I think I am at the point where I am not going to like any other phone than Apple, which ones only one phone a year for me. lol.

I plan to pick up the big one that's supposed to be announced and I am fully expecting it to be $2K or something. I don't need convincing to try out the latest and greatest tech cause that's just how I am.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Are you talking about this?

https://globalnews.ca/news/3929016/a...aging-battery/

It wasn’t to force people to upgrade. It was to stop phones from spontaneously rebooting at 50% charge on well cycled batteries. Apple was pretty bad at implementing it, namely not telling anyone about it, so definitely can interpret it as tricking people to upgrade. Ironic because the goal of the throttle was to increase operating life of the device.

On the bright side, you can turn the throttle off now (it only turns on after a load related reboot event), but your phone with a near dead battery will randomly reboot at high loads, which would reenable throttling.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Apple Watch bores me. Sometimes, I wish those Apple videos aren't so douche and pretentious haha.

edit - yup, iPhone XS in pretentious gold please.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

So, I gotta sell my X don't I??...
    ...@therealarifjina...

The gold colour looks baller

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by EK 2.0 View Post
    You and me both lol

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how much the X S Max is gunna be $2099 Canadian?

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    You and me both lol

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how much the X S Max is gunna be $2099 Canadian?
    Even though my history is to get the newest phone when it drops........I COULD skip one release right??....
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I really want a XS Max now. Looks dope.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Damn, changing the DOF after you take a pic is pretty amazing.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Aside from DOF (which is software), zero camera upgrades. Exact same optical hardware, improvements in the processing side (could be hardware here). Doesn't sound like much improvements in video, which is what I care about. Same framerates and resolution is my guess since none of that was mentioned.

My Ride
    This and that.

Other than the fact that I wouldn't mind the Max, I am not really blown away by it. I am waiting for the new iPad Pro as I feel that is what I will get first. I am fine with the X for now...I think.

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

My Telus contract just finished so I’m kind forced to get a new phone - Xs MAX it is!
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by EK 2.0 View Post
    Help me out

What are the main differences between the X and XS?

Page 63 of 193 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast