My Ride
    *The First*

Title of thread doesn't look like
    "Is marijuana a medicine?"

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're saying that painkillers in general have no accepted medical use?

By the way: since when was it a requirement for something to cure something else in order to have medicinal value? Do drugs that keep HIV beat into submission have no medical value either?

C'mon mate, just admit that you made a dumb argument and move on. This whole "I have to be right at all costs" bullshit is tiring and a little beneath you.
    No what is sold by AGLC is recreational. Theres as mentioned a whole different system still in place for medicinal use.

Therefore it begs the question why the sin tax isnt being increased. This is purely recreational like tobacco or alcohol. Rates should increase linearly across the board.

(For those wondering, i do use extract for migraines, i had a spliff of some shitty aglc stuff last night to help me sleep, and theres 4 seeds currently getting popped on my fridge. Im not anti cannabis - I do take issue with these insane medicinal claims that lack scientific evidence)

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Title of thread doesn't look like
    "Is marijuana a medicine?"
    This your first time on beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    No what is sold by AGLC is recreational. Theres as mentioned a whole different system still in place for medicinal use.

Therefore it begs the question why the sin tax isnt being increased. This is purely recreational like tobacco or alcohol. Rates should increase linearly across the board.

(For those wondering, i do use extract for migraines, i had a spliff of some shitty aglc stuff last night to help me sleep, and theres 4 seeds currently getting popped on my fridge. Im not anti cannabis - I do take issue with these insane medicinal claims that lack scientific evidence)
    So to confirm: you claim that cannabis has no medical use, and then turn around and say you use it for migraines/etc.?

And now your changing you're argument again? lol k.

I genuinely believe we're being trolled at this point. Not sure what to say anymore.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Andy, are you high right now? Recreationally I mean.

Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This your first time on beyond?

So to confirm: you claim that cannabis has no medical use, and then turn around and say you use it for migraines/etc.?

And now your changing you're argument again? lol k.
    Doctor says 0 scientific evidence. Thats backed up - studies say it doesn't work. It does work better than hydromorph for me - thats annecdotal.

Again, its retail recreational were talking about...

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

So:

1) Nope. You're trying to move the goal posts again.

2) We aren't talking. I am talking to you, you are talking AT me. Note the difference.

Regardless, have fun relieving your headaches with a substance that has no medical value. I'm gonna move on with my life before this conversation gives me a headache. Adios.

Doctor says 0 scientific evidence. Thats backed up - studies say it doesn't work. It does work better than hydromorph for me - thats annecdotal.

Why should recreational be taxed higher then the norm? Are you saying everything enjoyed recreation-ally deserves to be taxed higher? If so, why? Also, saying that it isn't a cure means it can't be considered medicinal is like saying morphine isn't a cure for anything so it isn't a medicine.

You probably should have stopped digging your hole on page 2 of this thread.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by captain134 View Post
    Why should recreational be taxed higher then the norm? Are you saying everything enjoyed recreation-ally deserves to be taxed higher? If so, why? Also, saying that it isn't a cure means it can't be considered medicinal is like saying morphine isn't a cure for anything so it isn't a medicine.

You probably should have stopped digging your hole on page 2 of this thread.
    I'm absolutely saying through AGLC sales the taxes should rise with the other sin taxes. Medical is totally different - thats not sold via AGLC, thus wouldnt be sin taxed.

(But yeah i still have issues with the studies and lack of proof behind all the claims but thats for a different discussion)

And probably i should have lol

I'm absolutely saying through AGLC sales the taxes should rise with the other sin taxes. Medical is totally different - thats not sold via AGLC, thus wouldnt be sin taxed.

l
    But WHY? We know alcohol and tobacco create a cost to the health care system so therefor need to be taxed higher but why should weed fall into that category? I'm really not trying to argue with you, i'm genuinely curious what your thought process is.

And probably i should have lol
    Don't worry about it. Everybody defends what they thought was right regardless of how many times they are shown to be wrong. Its tough admitting you are wrong about something and is just human nature to want to defend it.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by captain134 View Post
    But WHY? We know alcohol and tobacco create a cost to the health care system so therefor need to be taxed higher but why should weed fall into that category? I'm really not trying to argue with you, i'm genuinely curious what your thought process is.
    Theres enough evidence already that burning shit and inhaling is bad for you, and that you will have long term effects. Same with the long term use causing future mental health issues (see my ex for study lmao). Study today hitting the news about pregnancy and cannabis.

We don't differentiate pipe tobacco (which is shown to be medically less harmful + used to get insurance discounts) so why would we for cannabis products?

So absolutely i see the sides differently. The research to date doesnt show that its innocuous. So there will be costs in the long term

Theres enough evidence already that burning shit and inhaling is bad for you, and that you will have long term effects. Same with the long term use causing future mental health issues (see my ex for study lmao). Study today hitting the news about pregnancy and cannabis.

We don't differentiate pipe tobacco (which is shown to be medically less harmful + used to get insurance discounts) so why would we for cannabis products?

So absolutely i see the sides differently. The research to date doesnt show that its innocuous. So there will be costs in the long term
    Except for the fact (and I know you are aware of this, you are just grasping at straws) that it is not necessarily smoked.

My Ride
    4x4

No kidding you dont say... As I just took 2ml sublingual...

Im sure I'll get an earful for using wikipedia as a source however the studies are referenced and linked.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long...ts_of_cannabis

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    My doctor suggested I try it for restless leg syndrome (or whatever it is I have) and I am sleeping better than I have in the last 10 years with such a tiny amount I can't even feel it.
    Just as an aside - i had RLS for several years - nothing like being tired all the time. What worked for me first was Calcium supplements, then Iron.

And it was actually the shin muscles that contracted. I was also able to help with massaging that area with a hard hockey ball. Now I rarely have issues. Nothing wrong with CBD though.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Just as an aside - i had RLS for several years - nothing like being tired all the time. What worked for me first was Calcium supplements, then Iron.

And it was actually the shin muscles that contracted. I was also able to help with massaging that area with a hard hockey ball. Now I rarely have issues. Nothing wrong with CBD though.
    Thanks. My calcium is good and my iron is actually high, according to my last blood test anyway. Magnesium unfortunately didn't help either which was another suggestion. How did you find out that your shin muscles contracted? I don't think I have explored that avenue yet.

No kidding you dont say... As I just took 2ml sublingual...

Im sure I'll get an earful for using wikipedia as a source however the studies are referenced and linked.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long...ts_of_cannabis
    Damn man, just stay on topic and don't let the likes of Troll790 drag you down a hole of insanity. Everything you said makes perfect sense. If we are going to tax the hell out of other recreational drugs, then why is weed not taxed the same. That was the entire point of your argument, and nobody has yet to refute that. It's medicinal benefits are irrelevant, as like you mentioned, there are separate markets for recreation and medicine. No sense wasting time arguing about what anecdotal medicinal benefits random people believe in.

I agree there should be tax fairness across the board. But I also don't think it matters when it comes to MJ. If you jack the price of recreational, then people will just get prescriptions and buy medicinal stuff since they give out scripts like hooker cards on the Vegas strip. So perhaps that is the reasoning behind the lack of taxation on MJ in comparison to other recreational drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Thanks. My calcium is good and my iron is actually high, according to my last blood test anyway. Magnesium unfortunately didn't help either which was another suggestion. How did you find out that your shin muscles contracted? I don't think I have explored that avenue yet.
    Mineral levels being in good ranges still doesn't necessarily mean they are transporting efficiently in cells. How is your salt intake? Taurine may be worth a try as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Mineral levels being in good ranges still doesn't necessarily mean they are transporting efficiently in cells. How is your salt intake? Taurine may be worth a try as well.
    And the new cigarette packaging is affecting this how?
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    And the new cigarette packaging is affecting this how?
    Beats me. Ask the guys that went off topic. I just followed them. If going off topic is a bugaboo of yours, I might suggest that Beyond is not a healthy place for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast