Quantcast
Going Full Straight Edge For All January!! - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Full Straight Edge For All January!!

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Add me to the list of people who have never heard the term Straight Edge before. You ol'boys are wild.

I once did 8 months without feeding the ducks due to some health issues but when I finally badgered the witness again it was extremely cathartic. I can see the desire to cut out shaking hands with the milkman strictly to see if you can, but after having been there I can confirm that it would take a stronger man than I to turn down a boxing match with the one-eyed champ ever again. Good on you Bob.

Personally I'd like to muster the will power to give up (or at least dial back) social media.
    Are you referring to cuffing the gopher, or distributing some literature? Yanking your doodle dandy, or a Lonely Dutch Rudder?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Diet, exercise, preservatives, pollution, the list goes on. My doc told me that he believes the majority of the male population these days has low (not ideal) T. It’s been a real life changer for myself.

I’m every three days, myself. Alternating thighs. Easy peasy. It’s routine now for me.
    3 days jeez - Im once every two weeks. The main things I noticed inregards to working out especially was that I used to get DOM's for 2 weeks after one workout (before TRT), now I get it for a day or so. One thing I miss before I started TRT was having hair, since starting ive amassed a carpet on my chest or back (never was able to grow any fur here) and also lost all of my hair on my head. Also now can grow a beard where as pre trt it took weeks for any facial hair to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    3 days jeez - Im once every two weeks. The main things I noticed inregards to working out especially was that I used to get DOM's for 2 weeks after one workout (before TRT), now I get it for a day or so. One thing I miss before I started TRT was having hair, since starting ive amassed a carpet on my chest or back (never was able to grow any fur here) and also lost all of my hair on my head. Also now can grow a beard where as pre trt it took weeks for any facial hair to grow.
    I initially had high BF percentage so I had a hard time controlling my estrogen. I was weekly 100mg/week and my doc spread it out to 40mg every 3 days. Makes me feel much more stable and the E sides subsided. Now I feel amazing every day instead of just a few days after my shot. More stable T would have helps with the DHT which causes the balding. You can take DHT blockers but you libido will suffer. Best to just shave and get jacked.

My Ride
    *The First*

I vote for a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) thread split.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I vote for a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) thread split.
    Id be down to share my experiences. It’s definitely worth it’s own thread.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

There is already a TRT thread here: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/374...cement-Therapy
    @spike98

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    I'd never heard of it either. Sounds like a term the older guys are familiar with.

How often do all they guys in here with wives jerk off? Christ!
    Daily. Why?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Daily. Why?
    Maybe he thinks once you have a wife can satisfy you sexually whenever you are in the mood (some more submissive wives might do this, I have some religious friends who also seem to think this is the way). Takes two to be in the mood and whilst many guys on this board seem to have partners in sync I don’t think it’s the case for many others incl myself.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 01-17-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Maybe he thinks once you have a wife can satisfy you sexually whenever you are in the mood (some more submissive wives might do this, I have some religious friends who also seem to think this is the way). Takes two to be in the mood and whilst many guys on this board seem to have partners in sync I don’t think it’s the case for many others incl myself.
    This is correct for sure... One thing I can say after over 24 years with the same partner, there definitely is an ebb and flow to the relationship in bed. So many stresses and things affect frequency over time, and there are periods where you go a long time not interested in sex, but at the same time it can come raging back when you are not expecting it. It can create a lot of stress on a relationship when one partner is not feeling it and the other is too, and those feelings can compound the problem even when it is nothing to do with your not loving your partner.

I think the very best thing any couple can do is to talk about it and get it all out on the table. It may not fix it right there and then but if you both know what is going on in each others heads then there is a lot less chance of animosity which is a killer to any relationship. The fact is there are many long term couples in low sex situations who are still extremely happy and satisfied while there are other couples that still go at it almost daily and both are normal situations. I think the worst thing is having expectations that are unreasonable for ones own individual relationships or basing your own relationship off of the ones your buddies have with their partners.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This is correct for sure... One thing I can say after over 24 years with the same partner, there definitely is an ebb and flow to the relationship in bed. So many stresses and things affect frequency over time, and there are periods where you go a long time not interested in sex, but at the same time it can come raging back when you are not expecting it. It can create a lot of stress on a relationship when one partner is not feeling it and the other is too, and those feelings can compound the problem even when it is nothing to do with your not loving your partner.

I think the very best thing any couple can do is to talk about it and get it all out on the table. It may not fix it right there and then but if you both know what is going on in each others heads then there is a lot less chance of animosity which is a killer to any relationship. The fact is there are many long term couples in low sex situations who are still extremely happy and satisfied while there are other couples that still go at it almost daily and both are normal situations. I think the worst thing is having expectations that are unreasonable for ones own individual relationships or basing your own relationship off of the ones your buddies have with their partners.
    That is right, and my thoughts about it are I don't expect my wife to fulfill all my sexual needs if she's not feeling up to it. I don't pressure her or anything like that (I know that this is definitely a situation many women prob do face as I said above) and I don't think she should feel the need to have sex with me just to keep me happy in the relationship. Our situation is a little bit different than men or women who simply refuse to have sex at all (reddit.com/r/deadbedrooms). My wife has a debilitating condition in that sense which has no current cure (save from some experimental stem cell type treatment in the USA that cost 80K USD right now). I think the worst thing for me is I am jealous of other couples I know or meet that they have more sex than I do and that's one thing I hope to improve this year because Im sure its very irrational thinking.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think this thread can be renamed to: “Just old people things”
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Im 40 now and I dont think of myself as that old. However I remember going to my dad's 40th when I was 15 and I thought he was ancient.

My Ride
    NC1

Im 40 now and I dont think of myself as that old. However I remember going to my dad's 40th when I was 15 and I thought he was ancient.
    lol so true. I'm turning 40 this year. 20 seems like yesterday tbh.

When my dad was 40, I was already 20. I can't even imagine being a dad to a 19 year old right now.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    lol so true. I'm turning 40 this year. 20 seems like yesterday tbh.

When my dad was 40, I was already 20. I can't even imagine being a dad to a 19 year old right now.
    That is a mind twist for sure. That is one thing I envy about those who have kids early. It does pay off later, but at what cost?

From age 20-30 for those with kids, I do not envy that at all. I feel like everyone I know who had kids from 18-22 just ended up getting fat, drinking a lot at parties/get-togethers and not do much because they're so busy with the kid(s).

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    That is a mind twist for sure. That is one thing I envy about those who have kids early. It does pay off later, but at what cost?

From age 20-30 for those with kids, I do not envy that at all. I feel like everyone I know who had kids from 18-22 just ended up getting fat, drinking a lot at parties/get-togethers and not do much because they're so busy with the kid(s).
    We did tons of stuff. What kind of stuff are you talking about that is something you can't do by having kids early?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    We did tons of stuff. What kind of stuff are you talking about that is something you can't do by having kids early?
    I'm not saying those who had kids early CAN'T do stuff, but those who I know that did, ended up being pre-occupied/lazy and not do much stuff.
    But when I say stuff, I mean go on trips without the kiddo, do more adventurous things and not using having a kid as a reason not to (riding motorcycles, bungee jumping, etc.), traveling for an extensive period of time, even going out for dinner locally on a regular basis, enjoying the lifestyle of a DINK.

Don't hit me

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Lots of people have kids early and still live that same life. I know a few. Not me, my social life ended, but people do it.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I'm not saying those who had kids early CAN'T do stuff, but those who I know that did, ended up being pre-occupied/lazy and not do much stuff.
    But when I say stuff, I mean go on trips without the kiddo, do more adventurous things and not using having a kid as a reason not to (riding motorcycles, bungee jumping, etc.), traveling for an extensive period of time, even going out for dinner locally on a regular basis, enjoying the lifestyle of a DINK.

Don't hit me
    Haha! No not at all man... That said, we still did all that stuff but maybe reeled in a bit for sure. The thing is, when you have kids and enjoy being a parent, you would rather do shit with them as a family even if it is less dink'ish' and you really don't care so it isn't like you feel you're losing out on stuff and, and in fact you feel like you are getting to do things that are so amazing your single friends just don't understand! lol! I am not saying it is like that for everyone of course, but when you get it, you get it.

Besides, I will say I am super happy and grateful that in our 40's we were empty nesting and now actually can still enjoy our time as adults who are old enough to appreciate stuff that is actually important to us and young enough to keep going for a long time to come.

That said, I have zero issue with dinks and have no issue with people who simply don't want kids. Who the fuck is anyone to tell someone else how to live their lives, right?

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Bob, props for trying straight edge out. Definitely a healthier lifestyle. I don't have the will power to go completely straight edge or the will or want too
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast