Quantcast
What do you love/hate about your home location in Calgary? - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: What do you love/hate about your home location in Calgary?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 04:33 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Mibz is alive??

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Move to Arbour Lake August 2019. So far we like that we have lot of shops, amenities, and schools here. Enjoy biking in the area, and the 3-4 times we visited the lake.
    Most of the neighbors are pretty nice, a little older in average age. Most of the kids are a bit older than our kids, and most of our adult neighbors are may be 5 - 10 years older on average than those we had in Kincora.

The folks who sold us the home left us a kind note after we moved in. They said in general the area is a good area, but couple neighbors we should keep an eye out for.
    Other neighbors have said people in a couple of the house are dealers. Our camera have recordings showing police pass by's middle of the nights. A few houses down (one of the two houses mentioned earlier) we have heard shouting, swearing, loud music, police visits etc. In the fall FD came as they left the fire pit unattended. A few months ago their tent in the back yard caught on fire. Neighbor said it's full of stolen items and they had a heater in there prior to the fire. Since then they have replaced it with a larger storage.

A lady told me last week the police came because buddy in the house was driving with a stolen plate. Also said he has been arrested a few other times for various things including DUI. Couple days ago a neighbor down the street had their camera damaged by these folks.

Will see what happens. I am sure other people in the neighborhood have seen things for a longer period. Would be nice if they all gather and and give their findings to the police.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Are you trying to get Rage2 in trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah it seems to be fully built already! Plus there's the rest of the Taza development, it's gonna be huge. Makes me want to move back to Hoodbine again.
    Good to hear.

I grew up in Woodbine and lived there until I was in my 20's and I loved it there. Safe, great mountain view, big trees everywhere, huge lots/yards, good access out West, etc. Only thing that sucks is the commute if you work downtown - it's a bus/train combo to downtown so you're looking at ~1 hr each way (way longer on a bad day), or you have to drive through the Anderson/14th/Glenmore/Crowchild nightmare to get there and it isn't much faster unless you leave at 5AM. Aside from that I have only good things to say about it.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Since Anderson widening the optimum commute is drive to Anderson and train... 45min total, including just missing the fucking train cause of the assholes that can’t figure out how to get to their parking stalls in a timely manner... also if you do drive it’s all about the 14-glenmore-elbow-2nd st combo... stuff it in the 10th ave side of gulf and walk... like 30min drive at just before 8am

...this is all of course pre-covid... fingers crossed ring road is open before I have to return, couldn’t imagine train nor elbow being much fun right now (lane closed for pedestrians)

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadboss101 View Post
    Move to Arbour Lake August 2019. So far we like that we have lot of shops, amenities, and schools here. Enjoy biking in the area, and the 3-4 times we visited the lake.
    Most of the neighbors are pretty nice, a little older in average age. Most of the kids are a bit older than our kids, and most of our adult neighbors are may be 5 - 10 years older on average than those we had in Kincora.

The folks who sold us the home left us a kind note after we moved in. They said in general the area is a good area, but couple neighbors we should keep an eye out for.
    Other neighbors have said people in a couple of the house are dealers. Our camera have recordings showing police pass by's middle of the nights. A few houses down (one of the two houses mentioned earlier) we have heard shouting, swearing, loud music, police visits etc. In the fall FD came as they left the fire pit unattended. A few months ago their tent in the back yard caught on fire. Neighbor said it's full of stolen items and they had a heater in there prior to the fire. Since then they have replaced it with a larger storage.

A lady told me last week the police came because buddy in the house was driving with a stolen plate. Also said he has been arrested a few other times for various things including DUI. Couple days ago a neighbor down the street had their camera damaged by these folks.

Will see what happens. I am sure other people in the neighborhood have seen things for a longer period. Would be nice if they all gather and and give their findings to the police.
    you're really selling it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadboss101 View Post

Classy

Completely unrelated but my cousin on Van Isl. had bylaw called on her because she started a chicken farm in her back yard. Hundreds of chickens. Bylaw limit is 6 chickens.

They just bought the place a month ago to have more room for the fucking chickens.

I lol’d. Hundreds of chickens haha.

Poor fucking neighbours.
    Last edited by killramos; 06-24-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8