Quantcast
HiTempGuy Banned? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HiTempGuy Banned?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I mean, oh boy, sounds like A790 crossed a line, he called me a cock, where's the respect?! Sacrilege! Sounds like somebody needs a temp suspension I really, really do find this rule humorous though, it's quite possibly the most "current year" thing about Beyond. Somebody and their opinions annoy people??! BANNED!
    If you'd like another time out, I am happy to oblige you.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    If you'd like another time out, I am happy to oblige you.
    I asked for information to make sure my behaviour is more inline with the forum, in a humorous way. Prior to that, you insulted me. But rather than insult you back, I pointed out how absurd that was, especially considering insulting you would probably be an instaban. Pot, kettle.

So you can either help me out, or further prove the point that this doesn't really have anything to do with me violating any forum rules and the mods just don't like me.

I am sure to be banned if the mods don't like me, because I'm not here to make the mods feel good. If that's the requirement to participate in the forum, well yea, I'm going to be banned. As that's an absurd rule and justification used to enforce it.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

whatever. Let him be is my$0.02. My skin is thick enough that I can just scroll past him without reading his posts. I agree with a lot of what he says, and like many here, think he is just really shitty at communicating his view. But again, when it gets dumb, i can just scroll on by and ignore it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride

I asked for information to make sure my behaviour is more inline with the forum, in a humorous way. Prior to that, you insulted me. But rather than insult you back, I pointed out how absurd that was, especially considering insulting you would probably be an instaban. Pot, kettle.

So you can either help me out, or further prove the point that this doesn't really have anything to do with me violating any forum rules and the mods just don't like me.

I am sure to be banned if the mods don't like me, because I'm not here to make the mods feel good. If that's the requirement to participate in the forum, well yea, I'm going to be banned. As that's an absurd rule and justification used to enforce it.
    Your post "asking for information" reads like a toddler having a tantrum because they don't like the rules. Fuck, even the post I'm quoting right now reads like that (so you can either help me out or further prove my point...). Come on dude, I'm not here to be talked at by someone who doesn't want to listen. I also don't owe you validation and refuse to participate in your implied ultimatums.

With respect to you getting banned:

Dude, you went on an entire tirade and called me the epitome of an SJW in another thread. I didn't ban you. You run your mouth all the time and I haven't banned you. You routinely belittle other posters, insult their intelligence, and effectively call anyone who doesn't agree with you an idiot. No ban.

Enough with this pot/kettle bullshit, and even more so with this persecution complex you have.

For the record: plenty of people here have insulted me, and other mods, and not been banned. I've been a mod for 10 years and can count on two hands how many non-spammy members I've banned.

I don't think you realize HOW FEW people actually get banned on beyond. Beyond doesn't censor conversations or posters until they get to the point of just being ridiculous. It is rare for a non-spammy poster to get axed. A great example is when I tried to ban Arash and Rage reversed it. That's how high the threshold is.

Most mods, including myself, make a point of letting other mods deal with posters they don't like. I ignore your shit as I know that I have a bias toward you. This bias is also pretty obvious to everyone on this forum. Were I to ban you, it'd have to be a result of an obvious and indisputable situation that violates our rules. Outside of that, I let the other mods deal with you since I don't need people giving me shit for things I didn't do (nor do I want to feed your persecution complex).

Here's an idea: don't be a jackass in every conversation you have, and you won't get banned. Try not belittling people every chance you get and let's see where that gets you.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What I don’t get is why anyone would come back after a ban, life is way too short to hang out with and around people you don’t like and who don’t like you. That goes for online and IRL.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Your post "asking for information" reads like a toddler having a tantrum because they don't like the rules.
    While I appreciate the rest of your post and its perspective, this is the thing that gets me. No, my post does not. It legitimately points out the absurdity of the ban, with humor. You don't like the post because it questions your (and the other mods) judgement and authority, and therefore your only defense against it is to belittle it. The fact that you can't see that goes to show the problem with the rule of "annoying" in general. Jrscooldude or whatever practically never has anything to say about a topic except for one line, typically insulting the person he has quoted. Another member points this out all the time, he basically just trolls people with belittling comments. Thats annoying, and not helpful for the forum at all.

None of this is bitching, complaining, or whining. I've never said this wasn't fair (I never would, fairness is for chumps). I never said the mods couldn't do as they please, they certainly can.

I pointed out how ridiculous it is to suggest I'm the "jackass" with the incredible amount of jackassery that goes on in this forum. Apparently blatantly stating your thoughts in a blunt manner = no bueno but using non sequitors, strawmen, and in general not even arguing points made (ala kert) in a round and round circular logic is perfectly acceptable (as he is currently doing in the Brexit thread to another user) is fine?

You do have me on calling out people for being stupid. I will endeavor to not directly insult someone, as that seems to get the mods all in a tizzy, except when people do it to me of course

Anyways, I now understand the irrational application of the rules I am up against. I will "govern myself accordingly" on Beyond, much to the relief of many it appears.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Hey, I resemble that comment.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    What I don’t get is why anyone would come back after a ban, life is way too short to hang out with and around people you don’t like and who don’t like you. That goes for online and IRL.
    Surprisingly enough, I have a very high respect for a LOT of people on this board. I learn a lot, have interesting information presented on a frequent basis. I don't particularily LIKE A790, but I certainly respect him, even if I don't agree with him.

I'd say that a fair amount of people don't mind my posts, looking at my rep. I just get under people's skin.

Almost universally, every other board on the web is so blindingly liberal as to choke anything beyond groupthink, and the few conservative leaning boards are full of dumb rednecks who also suffer the same problem (except grammar and idea quality is much shittier). At least here, there is some moderation in the spectrum.

And mainly Im here if Im bored. You'll notice I disappear for a week at a time. Beyond is fun, I've said it before, people take a post waaaay out of context in regards to mood (using a sentence like "makes me fucking mad" means you're ready to have an aneurysm and frothing at the mouth apparently).

My Ride

I had ol' HiTempy on ignore for a year I'm sure mostly due to his inability to be incorrect and overall aspergers syndrome methods of social interaction. I'm glad I removed it awhile ago, it's been entertaining. Learn to be wrong buddy, everyone is. But I agree with the fixture member here sentiment. Welcome back, you add to the flavour in your own unique way.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I agree. For some people that's all they have I guess, probably because they treat people IRL in a similar way. It's unlikely someone's personality is 100% different than their online persona, but who knows.

Beyond bans are like coathanger abortions. Theyre embarassing and hurt a little the first few times, but eventually you get used to the sting. He'll be back.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Toilet_X View Post
    Beyond bans are like coathanger abortions. Theyre embarassing and hurt a little the first few times, but eventually you get used to the sting. He'll be back.
    He already is

I personally like HiTempguy1 being around even though he might be a bit too grumpy and brash for some peoples liking. He is not stupid and even though he will argue his perspective to the point of no return, he does back his shit up and sticks to his guns. I respect that. I would rather someone like that around than the idiots who need to feel smart by simply throwing around big words constantly challenging people and calling them out when they refuse to hold a conversation that reads like a thesis paper. So boring and annoying.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Riding the line? For what? General unpleasantness is not a reason to be banned, and what is truly incredible is how long Toma got away with his BS before the mods did anything about it.

What is interesting is that the temp-ban was sent due to calling you a bunch of thin-skinned snowflakes or something to that affect. Seemed pretty knee jerk.

A mod kept changing a title of one of my threads, even though it was as descriptive as many that get posted. I said whoever it was was a retard, they took offense.

For the record, the editing reason of "mods are gay" is a classic meme that has been around forever, which was kind of the point of putting that there, to show how little chill the mods have here. This place used to be a lot more fun

You sound like you would be fun at parties.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

bump

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Again? Lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

All the elections had him quite unhinged lately.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    All the elections had him quite unhinged lately.
    I'll assume the temperature got too hot? What did it this time?
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I'll assume the temperature got too hot? What did it this time?
    You could see he was reverting back to his usual routine of insulting people enough that they didn't want to speak to him any longer. Maybe just shit talked the wrong person again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast