Quantcast
2023 WFH Poll - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: What's your 2023 work schedule expectations?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • FT Office

39 27.66%
  • 3-4 Days Office

43 30.50%
  • 1-2 Days Office

16 11.35%
  • FT Remote

21 14.89%
  • Complete Flexibility

22 15.60%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 WFH Poll

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, plenty. Then there are those with smoke breaks that are basically gone 15min every hour.

Typical tech/engineering experience. My friend lost his shit when he was basically doing all the works of his younger less experience co-workers.
    We also had an upper level manager who was a smoker and he averaged about two smokes an hour all day. Any time you used the elevator you'd cross him
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

People on salary:

"Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation?"

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If you negotiated a shit compensation program with no alignment I don’t see how that’s my problem.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    We've been office 5 days a week since Oct 2021. I can't understand how anyone would think wfh is as productive and anyone who does is just lying to themselves. It's not strictly the deliverable work, there's the whole team and friends thing plus being able to quickly have a face to face chat.

Like my wife says, there are tons of great things about wfh, none of which are beneficial to the employer.
    This is a pretty myopic point of view. Try not speaking in absolutes, it might make you sound smarter.

So let me get this straight:

1) It's not WFH. It's Work From Anywhere. Daycares, bathrooms, car dealerships. You just need to show up at meetings.
    2) People slacked off at the office, so it's okay to slack off at home. More people slack off at home, but that's okay because you saw employee X do it at the office.
    3) There are no repercussions for being unproductive at my workplace.
    4) Jobs consist of getting A and outputting B. This can be done anywhere, according to #1. Even in car dealerships.
    5) There's no way my job could be outsourced, because I'm special.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I haven't had to sit in traffic commuting in ~3 years, so I'm pretty stoked to still be WFH. And I am the outsource.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

6) Spending half my day on Beyond counts as work because I do it on a work PC/laptop.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    If you negotiated a shit compensation program with no alignment I don’t see how that’s my problem.
    But people who take long breaks, go to the gym, jerk off, etc during company time but still get paid is an issue?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Our company switched completely to WFH. We still have offices, but they're slowly getting thinned out and eliminated. We actually have an advantage in hiring because we're WFH only, particularly in India because working in office adds 3 hrs a day in commute time alone. I manage over 150, I don't care what you do with your time as long as you're delivering results. If you can get the pile of shit done for me working 5 hours a day, good for you. I'm the opposite of a micro manager.

Some advantages with WFH, we can hire anywhere around the world. It's helping us optimize our resourcing costs, especially in the jr roles in India. People choose us over bigger salaries because of the WFH flexibility. Our biggest challenge to WFH is shitty internet and shitty power but our IT teams have mostly solved that with power backup kits and keeping the right equipment behind UPS's.

I've done calls (and this was pre-COVID) while driving, at dealerships waiting for car to be services, waiting room at dentist. I used to do my +15 walk during my morning meetings when someone else is sharing screens just for some basic physical activity. Again, as long as the job is done, nobody gives a fuck. That's all that matters. Keeping people happy results in better productivity. We're a time tracking company, so it's easy to measure productivity without getting in your face. Measure on results. Pretty simple.

We have face to face time 2x a year where we fly our teams around the world to 1 location to work together for a week. Slowly moving towards nicer destinations. Might sound expensive, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than office space, and rewarding once we eventually move to vacation type destinations.

Will there be people that suck in WFH models? Absolutely. They won't last here. Personally, I'm a people person so I miss being in office. I make an effort to go in weekly just to see people. I'm the most unproductive when I'm at the office but it's nice to eat lunch with other humans and chat about bullshit. For those that need it, offices are still available for such tasks. 10% of local employees show up on Fridays. We have great views of the city and it's just nice to be out of my home office with no windows in my Home Theatre storage room haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    6) Spending half my day on Beyond counts as work because I do it on a work PC/laptop.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Our company switched completely to WFH. We still have offices, but they're slowly getting thinned out and eliminated. We actually have an advantage in hiring because we're WFH only, particularly in India because working in office adds 3 hrs a day in commute time alone. I manage over 150, I don't care what you do with your time as long as you're delivering results. If you can get the pile of shit done for me working 5 hours a day, good for you. I'm the opposite of a micro manager.

Some advantages with WFH, we can hire anywhere around the world. It's helping us optimize our resourcing costs, especially in the jr roles in India. People choose us over bigger salaries because of the WFH flexibility. Our biggest challenge to WFH is shitty internet and shitty power but our IT teams have mostly solved that with power backup kits and keeping the right equipment behind UPS's.

I've done calls (and this was pre-COVID) while driving, at dealerships waiting for car to be services, waiting room at dentist. I used to do my +15 walk during my morning meetings when someone else is sharing screens. Again, as long as the job is done, nobody gives a fuck. That's all that matters. Keeping people happy results in better productivity. We're a time tracking company, so it's easy to measure productivity without getting in your face. Measure on results. Pretty simple.

We have face to face time 2x a year where we fly our teams around the world to 1 location to work together for a week. Slowly moving towards nicer destinations. Might sound expensive, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than office space, and rewarding once we eventually move to vacation type destinations.

Will there be people that suck in WFH models? Absolutely. They won't last here. Personally, I'm a people person so I miss being in office. I make an effort to go in weekly just to see people. I'm the most unproductive when I'm at the office but it's nice to eat lunch with other humans and chat about bullshit. For those that need it, offices are still available for such tasks. 10% of local employees show up on Fridays.
    This is the way.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Will there be people that suck in WFH models? Absolutely. They won't last here. Personally, I'm a people person so I miss being in office. I make an effort to go in weekly just to see people. I'm the most unproductive when I'm at the office but it's nice to eat lunch with other humans and chat about bullshit. For those that need it, offices are still available for such tasks. 10% of local employees show up on Fridays. We have great views of the city and it's just nice to be out of my home office with no windows in my Home Theatre storage room haha.
    100% this, we let one go last month because we ain't getting results and totally unprofessional. It's actually easier because you are no longer tied to a social contract due to team building and mingling.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    But people who take long breaks, go to the gym, jerk off, etc during company time but still get paid is an issue?
    Mental health tugs. #HR_Approved

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think I’m going to start “working” from “home” in Q2 once the weather in Arizona gets better.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Would arizona keep you off beyond more? maybe there is a productivity bonus..

My Ride
    Bicycle

I believe reading some stats that 16% global companies are full time WFH now with 44% full office only.

I think we will forever have to deal with this change from the pandemic. Even @rage2 case won't turn into the norm/mainstream, I still don't see how that number to be going any lower due the demographic collapse in developed countries.

Eventually fetching manpower off the internet is the only way. Tying your company to just local talent pool is painting yourself into a corner.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Mental health tugs. #HR_Approved
    Only if the you're thinking about a diverse, potato-shaped, genderless, rainbow freak while you're tossing off. If even a glimpse of Corinna Blake crab-walking appears in your mind for a nano-second, you are fired!
    #Diversity. #inclusion

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Would arizona keep you off beyond more? maybe there is a productivity bonus..
    Probably. But I wouldn’t spend any incremental time working.

fact.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think I’m going to start “working” from “home” in Q2 once the weather in Arizona gets better.
    This is probably one of the biggest issues. I've heard of companies getting burned for tens of thousands of dollars because employees would work in another country/state without informing HR, and so they needed to file taxes in that state.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    This is probably one of the biggest issues. I've heard of companies getting burned for tens of thousands of dollars because employees would work in another country/state without informing HR, and so they needed to file taxes in that state.
    And depending on what type of work a person does, data security and international data transfer/access can present a major issue too (or so I’ve heard).

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast