Quantcast
Beyond Members Careers - Page 42 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Members Careers

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn’t really call it a standard background. I genuinely don’t know many people who have a trade, degree and 10 years of valuable related work experience in their indusray at age 30 and I’ve found that’s what makes it easy for me to land more senior roles at companies that pay well.

On top of my day job I’ve made my money by taking a shit ton of risk with any money I made during the early stages of my career in both the stock market and business ventures that ended up turning in my favour. I like to take risks and I like to progress in my life and career, I dunno what else to say.

I sense you feel like I am calling you out or challenging you, I am simply curious! At 30 you spent 4 years working on a degree and 3 or 4 in a trade, plus the last year or whatever you spent in school full time. That’s 8 or 9 out of 12 working years that you weren’t employed full time... hard to equate that to the lifestyle that you portray. But like I said I am not trying to call you out or accuse you of lying - even though you may feel like I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    He has shared this info on here before.

Link?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

No time to work when you are ballin’ out of control!

In all seriousness he was probably working while going to school, keeping active in business while getting a degree is very valid as work experience in my opinion.

Even his past year going to school full time it sounds like he has kept his toe in the water in a few businesses?

If you can make it work well that’s living the dream.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

You can also come out of high school as a 2nd yr apprentice, working lots of OT in that trade is easy, can also challenge instead of 3 months of school. Doing that you’d have some good bank saved up by the time you even moved out on your own. Invest in your first enterprise, and have a trading account going before even starting uni. Best time to do it, you’ll never have that type of energy again!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    In general I'm getting very apathetic and withdrawn as I get older, the entire world just seems pointless to participate in
    This is quite concerning man, seriously. Have you considered chatting with someone professionally? Being busy makes the following challenging, but eating well and exercise help immensely with mental health. PM if you'd prefer - here to chat if ya need
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    You can also come out of high school as a 2nd yr apprentice, working lots of OT in that trade is easy, can also challenge instead of 3 months of school. Doing that you’d have some good bank saved up by the time you even moved out on your own. Invest in your first enterprise, and have a trading account going before even starting uni. Best time to do it, you’ll never have that type of energy again!
    Maybe another oil boom and the kids reading Beyond will believe they can be a millionaire by 30
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Getting through engineering is a tough situation. A 16 courses in a year is pushing it in my opinion. B I know it’s a tough situation with competitiveness but maybe walk back the grades a bit? Accepting you don’t need an A/A+ across the board really helps your sanity.

Find whatever tactic works to get though it, it’s a program of attrition but it feels really good to be done.

Going back to school is hard, even in my much less academically rigorous program it really starts to get to you after a year or 2.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

There's a guy on Beyond that worked full-time while doing his Eng degree at UofC. Mofo was/still is cray cray
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    V8s

Last time I posted in here I was still doing engineering PM.. feels like not that long ago, but it's been a few years.

I've since moved into the management consulting industry (focus on technology advisory practice). Depending on where you look on the internet, there's a couple different definitions of what I do...

1. Helping organizations to solve issues, create value, maximize growth and improve business performance

2. use your watch to tell you the time, then keep the watch

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by leftwing View Post
    I sense you feel like I am calling you out or challenging you, I am simply curious! At 30 you spent 4 years working on a degree and 3 or 4 in a trade, plus the last year or whatever you spent in school full time. That’s 8 or 9 out of 12 working years that you weren’t employed full time... hard to equate that to the lifestyle that you portray. But like I said I am not trying to call you out or accuse you of lying - even though you may feel like I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Link?
    You can look it up yourself haha! I'm too lazy to but know it exists and won't take you more than 5-10 minutes.
    I just recall the story of how he did well with some gold stocks or something.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by leftwing View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Link?
    Spend some time in the short term investments thread and maybe you’ll be able to ball like me one day!

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post

It isn't all about me though, my wife's career is really taking off in Van. It was out dream to move here, I just need to figure something out for work.
    Can't she just be the bread winner though?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Exactly. It's 2019 and all for equality

Though from what I've seen, girls that have baller careers have partners with equally balling careers.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

Though from what I've seen, girls that have baller careers have partners with equally balling careers.
    Pretty much. Why would a girl with a baller career want to be with a fucking bum? Unless he's a great stay-at-home dad type.

My Ride
    NC1

Pretty much. Why would a girl with a baller career want to be with a fucking bum? Unless he's a great stay-at-home dad type.
    I can def be a stay at home type. I am lazy. I do not want to work anymore lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I know of one case like this. IMO it's rare. He was a paramedic, she is an MD. Anecdotally considering our own little micro-economy and population that is Calgary...how many female engineers would work while their other stays home? How many would even have a partner that doesn't have a job at least as well-paying as theirs? Rhetorical question, I don't actually know.

Dudes with baller careers? Could go so many ways as history has shown lol.
    Last edited by msommers; 04-10-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    ute

I think it goes the other way as well more and more.

My wife is quite senior at a major oil company running businesses with 10 figure revenue numbers, and her professional success is something I find attractive. She can't cook for shit, though.

It's lead to some funny moments where people comment on whether or not I'm okay with her buying things like a MB GLS in the past. I said "she can afford to buy whatever the fuck she wants." We are entirely combined on our finances, so I was being a bit cheeky, but still.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Hey I've sat in your sweet, sweet ride -- I know you gots the $$$ as well. Power couple fo sho.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That system works pretty well. #keptman
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Probably a discussion for a another thread. I found in general women tend to date across and above, but not below.

Very few actually are willing to date someone who earns less than them. Though Ive dated girls earning more, they have been very blasay about equal stuff or role reversal.
    Personally, I'd love to sit at home and cook etc while the woman goes out to work, but I have found its the women that have struggled with the concept.

That being said, some women are fine with it and are the breadwinners. I have a few friends like that. But its rare.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Medical professionals seem to go for dudes who makes less. I know a ton of tradesmen who are married to doctors, dentists and orthodontists.

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 ... LastLast