Quantcast
Natural Gas/brass fittings for BBQ in condo - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Natural Gas/brass fittings for BBQ in condo

Default Natural Gas/brass fittings for BBQ in condo

So the balcony of my condo has a 1" plug on it just right after the valve.

After having talked with Barbecues Galore, they don't seem to have the right fittings to get me set up. My current bbq has a 3/8" hose and I've already purchased the quick connect for it.

My question: Will any NPT brass fittings work for my application or is there anything special that I need to do? I need to go from 1" to 3/8". I've called greenline and asked about nat gas fittings but they said that they didn't do nat gas specifically, but also to just come down and have a look at their brass fittings.

I'm leaning towards, "yes, this should be fine," but wanted to get your guys' opinions to make sure I do it right.

Thanks!

My Ride
    IS350 / CBR600

this isn't really an answer, but I recommend going to Home Depot and ask the plumbing/fittings section.

They're surprisingly knowledgeable and the last time i asked for something similar, they picked out every part I needed and even told me what's the best way to put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by MushiSushi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this isn't really an answer, but I recommend going to Home Depot and ask the plumbing/fittings section.

They're surprisingly knowledgeable and the last time i asked for something similar, they picked out every part I needed and even told me what's the best way to put it together.
    Yup, that was my experience at Home Depot too, seemed like a fairly routine question to the old guy who helped me out there.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Quote Originally Posted by MushiSushi View Post

So I went to the Home Depot over on Country Hills a few weeks back looking for a very basic, generic, male to female adapter to connect my BBQ (Weber Spirit) to my Condo Balcony. The two sales guys brought me to the garden hose fitting sections and handed me a plastic connector. I just smiled, said thanks, and as I was away put the connector down and left the store.

Went to BBQ's Galore and they handed me the piece I needed and I was out in 2 minutes flat. Connected no problem.

Sorry I realize this is no help to you, but perhaps Point # 2 here may have some relevance to you?

https://www.weber.com/CA/en/blog/bur...ber-29885.html
    Last edited by Kijho; 06-17-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks everyone. I should've checked home Depot first, but got everything straightened out. It's grilling time

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I got the exact same issue today. I just got a second hand Sterling bbq.

I went to Lowes and went to the plumbing section. I showed them pics I took with my phone and measuring tape. They showed me, but they said to be on the safe side, bring the hose it should be pretty standard to connect.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kijho View Post
    So I went to the Home Depot over on Country Hills a few weeks back looking for a very basic, generic, male to female adapter to connect my BBQ (Weber Spirit) to my Condo Balcony. The two sales guys brought me to the garden hose fitting sections and handed me a plastic connector. I just smiled, said thanks, and as I was away put the connector down and left the store.

Went to BBQ's Galore and they handed me the piece I needed and I was out in 2 minutes flat. Connected no problem.

Sorry I realize this is no help to you, but perhaps Point # 2 here may have some relevance to you?

https://www.weber.com/CA/en/blog/bur...ber-29885.html
    Was the fitting they gave you brass?

Quote Originally Posted by jltabot View Post
    Thanks everyone. I should've checked home Depot first, but got everything straightened out. It's grilling time
    If you have black iron outside you'll have to paint it to protect from rust.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Quote Originally Posted by ????? View Post
    Was the fitting they gave you brass?
    This is what it looks like! Super easy.

Untitled by Spencer, on Flickr