Quantcast
School me on being a Dad - Page 41 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast

Thread: School me on being a Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys let your kids have soothers? Worse than soda sippers.
    First had a soother. We tried a soother for the second. She rejected them immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    Damn, the thumb sucking is by far the worst thing we have with our oldest. Cannot break him of it. We were already told we need to go see an ortho soon. Fortunate that it is the worst of our problems but frustrating all the same.
    Have you done the bandaid truck?

Apparently putting bandaids on their thumb deters them from sucking... Apparently

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Don't reset the clock with another one lol.

Was in a group chat talking about my top 3 parenting tips.

1. Don't have 3 kids
    2. Stop soother/thumbsucking early
    3. Turn on subtitles
    2 out of 3?

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post

Apparently putting bandaids on their thumb deters them from sucking... Apparently
    If they're a determined thumb sucker, nothing will work

My parents tried everything, including the nail biting stuff painted on my thumb

Luckily my orthodontic work was courtesy of the NHS, but my parents didn't force me and I didnt follow through with the bottom jaw. It now needs broken and reset to fix properly at great cost (would also have been gratis in UK under 18)
    Last edited by haggis88; 01-06-2023 at 05:09 AM.

As a person with 4 plates and 26 screws holding their jaw together I empathize.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post

We've tried many things with him and no luck. We will be at the ortho next year very likely.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well don't do the ortho until he stocks sucking the thumb that's for sure.
    The ortho will say the same.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

First post in here. I have a 18 month old and 3.5yr old. Their Mom and I are separated.

Sleep tip: My kids and all my nieces and nephews have been on the same sleep plan since birth and I swear by it.
    https://takingcarababies.com/ is the course I, and my siblings took and applied. Under 'products' you'll see different age ranges. It worked for both my kids, since birth. Highly recommended, based on my results.

They both recently started daycare. They both lose their minds when I leave (crying). I feel terrible, but I hope they will adjust. It been a few weeks and still crying, but they settle down within 5 min after I'm gone. Paying ~$2k/month total after gov't kickbacks. Thank god the daycare includes breakfast and lunch.

My Ride
    Canyonero

Quote Originally Posted by Ekliptix View Post
    They both recently started daycare. They both lose their minds when I leave (crying). I feel terrible, but I hope they will adjust. It been a few weeks and still crying, but they settle down within 5 min after I'm gone.
    It'll pass. I think we're on week 4 with our youngest (similar age as yours) and when I dropped her off this AM, she hugged one of the caregivers.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

One of my kids cried during daycare drop-off for YEARS, even though she absolutely loved daycare, and the caregivers, and complained on weekends that she preferred to be at daycare than home. Still cried. Whatever, didn't age me prematurely or make me permanently grumpy at all.

My Ride
    V167

We are at month 6 of daycare, almost 3 year old boy, he attends every other day, cries every single time. Kills me. "DADA DONT GO TO WORK TODAY". He is fine within 30 seconds of entering his room and getting redirected to an activity. He could chill at home with nanny and play with his large inventory of trucks all day but I don't think I would be encouraging growth then. RIP

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    One of my kids cried during daycare drop-off for YEARS, even though she absolutely loved daycare, and the caregivers, and complained on weekends that she preferred to be at daycare than home. Still cried. Whatever, didn't age me prematurely or make me permanently grumpy at all.
    lol mine does that, some days gets mad when i drop her off, some days doesn't wanna come home.

She's told me i should go to work on a Saturday? haha

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I always just assumed you were born that way.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    *The First*

I have twins, so most of you can eat a fat cock. However, while we made massive effort to not be lazy in those first years, we consciously allowed soothers as the one reprieve...
    Both have braces now and I'm grateful it isn't a big financial burden. I think it's about $10k per child and if you're lucky, insurance will pick up $2,500 each. If you're extra lucky, one of you max'd their coverage and then stepped into a new job that reset the clock on the Ortho benefits.

I transferred two car seats from one car to another for a friend the other day and I nearly completely snapped. I have PTSD from those vile things. Fuck. Car. Seats.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Our son has Croup and ear infection. Started end of December. Have antibiotics and took Steroid. Now my wife has a cold or something. Our daughter said she has slight sore throat. Crazy they get sick every 6 weeks or so. End of October they were sick on and off. We take all vitamins and probiotics. Furnace and vents cleaned not long ago. I would joke they don’t eat a complete diet.
    Thing is my wife let me know every 2 minutes that she is not well. Man-cold exists in some homes, others it's the woman-cold.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

being sick sucks.

There aren't a lot of solutions aside from hiding in your basement, and even then that's more of a postponement.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

We've been illness free for nearly 2 weeks now and it's been wonderful. Kids are back in preschool/activities next week though; perfect timing to pick something up before we go on vacation Jan 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    Damn, the thumb sucking is by far the worst thing we have with our oldest. Cannot break him of it. We were already told we need to go see an ortho soon. Fortunate that it is the worst of our problems but frustrating all the same.
    My son was a very heavy thumb sucker. We tried a few things but finally at around age 4.5 we tried this:

https://www.kidshandaid.com/

Worked absolute wonders. Within a month he was good but we kept using this for another 2 months on top just to be 100% sure we broke the habit.

It’s expensive because it’s custom made to their hand, but worth it. They send you two so that you can alternate and keep them clean.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Daycare illness still ongoing here too.... kid was sent home on the 21st with a fever, which both me and the wife got for Christmas (best xmas ever!). First time we've both been sick at the same time with a kid... faaaawk, that is not a good time.

On a brighter note the kid has learned how to give hugs (assuming from daycare) so when you ask her to give you a hug she waddles over and gives the best hugs.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Daycare illness still ongoing here too.... kid was sent home on the 21st with a fever, which both me and the wife got for Christmas (best xmas ever!). First time we've both been sick at the same time with a kid... faaaawk, that is not a good time.
    I probably posted about this here already... Just about a year ago, our whole family caught a stomach flu on the same day. My wife and I, and both our kids were throwing up for 2 days straight. Wife and I initially thought we were the only ones that picked it up, since we started puking later in the day and the kids seemed fine when they went to bed... woke up in the morning to both kids having puked in their cribs at some point overnight, then just falling asleep in it til morning

My wife said she'd rather go through another childbirth than do that again.

Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast