Quantcast
School me on being a Dad - Page 48 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast

Thread: School me on being a Dad

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

We called the Ikea chair "the grandparent tripper". Otherwise it's decent, super stable, and can be hosed down.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Ikea came out with a different design to their high chair. The tripping variety is the Antilop $22. Vs the Langur $130 (L shaped leg so less tripping). We have the Langur chair and the crib from Ikea.

Stroller we have is the City Select Lux with big wheels. I like it folds away pretty flat for how big it is and lots of storage for all the baby shit you can imagine. Converts to toddler seats also and has adapters for different infant carriers. Might be tall for some short people. But with it you know you got the bang for buck stroller and look in disgust at the UppaBaby owners as the degenerates they are with too much money.

Baby seat we have the NUNA infant carrier, most plush we have found and the baby liked being in it, which was weird.

Buy on sale when you can. Buy Buy baby used to price match West Coast kids sale prices. All this shit goes on sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Ikea came out with a different design to their high chair. The tripping variety is the Antilop $22. Vs the Langur $130 (L shaped leg so less tripping). We have the Langur chair and the crib from Ikea.

Stroller we have is the City Select Lux with big wheels. I like it folds away pretty flat for how big it is and lots of storage for all the baby shit you can imagine. Converts to toddler seats also and has adapters for different infant carriers. Might be tall for some short people. But with it you know you got the bang for buck stroller and look in disgust at the UppaBaby owners as the degenerates they are with too much money.

Baby seat we have the NUNA infant carrier, most plush we have found and the baby liked being in it, which was weird.

Buy on sale when you can. Buy Buy baby used to price match West Coast kids sale prices. All this shit goes on sale.
    West Coast kids should be for familiarizing yourself and getting hands-on with the product... Beyond that, you order that shit online.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Buy buy baby was closing down, and honestly, the closeout prices didn't seem that great.
    We walked through west coast kids, but I can't see myself ever buying anything there.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Buy buy baby was closing down, and honestly, the closeout prices didn't seem that great.
    We walked through west coast kids, but I can't see myself ever buying anything there.
    @you&me is right, go to WCK and test that shit out there, see if it fits in the car do all of this and buy only when on sale.
    She wishes it was deep.

My Ride
    V8s

We have so much WCK-purchased stuff. Fortunately it was almost all bought by grandparents haha.

They have decent car seat sales. I'm pretty sure they do ~30% off on their Diono seats periodically. The Diono seats are great. @ThePenIsMightier will tell you they are way too heavy, but unless you're taking it out of the car all the time, that doesn't much matter. They're super easy to get your kid in and out of, which I've noticed is the biggest differentiator from the budget Graco one both sets of grandparents bought. Graco are light and cheap, but the UX is horrible (for us, anyways).

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    We have so much WCK-purchased stuff. Fortunately it was almost all bought by grandparents haha.

They have decent car seat sales. I'm pretty sure they do ~30% off on their Diono seats periodically. The Diono seats are great. @ThePenIsMightier will tell you they are way too heavy, but unless you're taking it out of the car all the time, that doesn't much matter. They're super easy to get your kid in and out of, which I've noticed is the biggest differentiator from the budget Graco one both sets of grandparents bought. Graco are light and cheap, but the UX is horrible (for us, anyways).
    I think any WCK stuff we had was from grand parents too... they went nuts first go 'round.

We're a little past that point, especially because we eventually reached peak baby gear and coasted on hand-me-downs for a while, but I always recall the sales being shitty and the prices being ~20% higher as a baseline... Maybe things have gotten better more recently

One point about some of the better baby gear, if you manage to keep it in OK condition, the resale value can be quite strong... IIRC, we sold a couple of our Stokke highchairs last year for ~$300, vs (I think) ~$400 new... Maybe that was still a post-covid market bump, but I was happy with the ROI/TCO.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    I think any WCK stuff we had was from grand parents too... they went nuts first go 'round.

We're a little past that point, especially because we eventually reached peak baby gear and coasted on hand-me-downs for a while, but I always recall the sales being shitty and the prices being ~20% higher as a baseline... Maybe things have gotten better more recently

One point about some of the better baby gear, if you manage to keep it in OK condition, the resale value can be quite strong... IIRC, we sold a couple of our Stokke highchairs last year for ~$300, vs (I think) ~$400 new... Maybe that was still a post-covid market bump, but I was happy with the ROI/TCO.
    For some reason those Stokke highchairs command crack money on the used market.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I got really turned off the WCK.

Pretty sure their commissions/margins on certain products were hilariously higher than others and it really coloured their “reccomendations”.

I agree with go to WCK to look around if you need it same day, otherwise buy online for better deals.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah I didn't enjoy wck either. I want less human interaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Buy the fanciest, used strollers on Kijiji, absolutely bag skate them for 2 years and then sell for a profit.
    I made hundreds off our Maclaren and City Select strollers while the original buyers lost hundreds.

And BJ-stare can BJ-Me! Those fuckin Diono car seats were made of depleted uranium. Yes, I didn't have to move them frequently but I sure do remember the few times I did. (Every fucking plane trip somewhere...)
    *shudder...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I love my diono. I just have Amazon deliver a new one to whenever I am going lmao
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

You limp wrists bitching about the weight of your Di-"oh-nos" got me curious, 'cause I always thought our Clek was on the heavy side... Looks like the foonf weighs about 5lbs more than the biggest Diono.

Like TPIM said, doesn't really seem like an issue outside of the few times a year you actually need to remove it for a trip or a deep cheerio removal.

I took our diono to Cuba as our travel car seat.
    Never. Again.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

We had a Thule stroller, the one with 3 wheels. Loved it. Easy to push and folds up with one hand. Definitely buy everything user. Less car seat maybe... we had a WCK crib with all the extras to go from a crib to toddler bed to a single bed....sold it for less than 1/5th purchase price after 3 or 4 years.....still have the matching dresser tho. Cheep Ikea high chair was awesome by me. Loved just taking it to the yard and hit it with the high pressure hose to clean it.

My Ride

Our travel seat is the Evenflo Titan (Sale Walmart). Cheap, light, and replaceable. Kid likes it too. Easy to travel with.

Her main seat is the Graco 4ever (sale from WCK), put it in the car once. Never move it... Sell the car with it.
    She wishes it was deep.

Well life comes at you fast. Baby came 6 weeks early yesterday. Everything good all things considering. Staff at the rocky view have been amazing.

You sure have to get your act together when the day comes. Will be a long 2+ weeks before we get to go home though.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Well life comes at you fast. Baby came 6 weeks early yesterday. Everything good all things considering. Staff at the rocky view have been amazing.

You sure have to get your act together when the day comes. Will be a long 2+ weeks before we get to go home though.
    Oh, Man - you're so lucky! Congrats for sure even though you've hit a bump in the road. It will sure feel good to get home.

My Ride
    changes every year

Congrats man! Mine was 5 weeks early as well, was a tiny little guy, soak it in! 2 weeks will go quick!

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

felicitations!

Glad to hear baby and mum are OK after such a surprise

As ozwhip says, soak it all in, it does go in quickly...my little man will be 3 in a couple of months and I'm just like WTF

Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast