Quantcast
Bell going full whitey. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bell going full whitey.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ask Nortel what the true cost of working with Huawei is, though.
    Well that's a whole another story. Involuntary knowledge transfer is a risk a company has to assess doing business with China. Buddy has a frack truck that they end up 3D scan and clone all parts down to the company logo and sold locally in China. So they get random calls from China for replacement parts when they have not sold a single unit there except for the original demo.

That alleged company that stole the design is at the Global Petroleum Show every show, looking for suckers in O&G pretending to be a buyer.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I love how people just casually brush off expected criminality from working with Chinese companies.

“Oh that’s China haha, they just steal your shit sometimes, great people!”
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I love how people just casually brush off expected criminality from working with Chinese companies.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to killramos again.

- - - Updated - - -

Question: why don't we just take the shit that Huawei has already deployed and copy it?

i love how people just casually brush off expected criminality from working with chinese companies.

“oh that’s china haha, they just steal your shit sometimes, but our entire economic structure for the last few decades has been based on using cheap chinese labour and changing that will require an effort that no one is currently willing to take or even seriously discuss beyond vague platitudes, so...…... ”
    ftfy

My Ride
    Bicycle

I'm not brushing off shit. I am just saying that an economic block with 1.3B people with next to 0 legal system or protection for foreigners has risk and rewards.

It may be smart to not play the game but some just can't stay away.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ask Nortel what the true cost of working with Huawei is, though.
    Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 248
Size:  1.20 MB
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If anyone wants to have a discussion about how China-based companies view intellectual property, once we can meet face to face I have some thoughts to share over pints.
    Actually, I'd love to go have about a dozen pints. Is that a thing yet, fack.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    ftfy
    So sorry, are you cool with taking advantage of cheap Chinese labour and practices or not? Would the logical solution to this problem be to reduce our use of cheap Chinese shit and business practices wherever possible?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    If anyone wants to have a discussion about how China-based companies view intellectual property, once we can meet face to face I have some thoughts to share over pints.
    Actually, I'd love to go have about a dozen pints. Is that a thing yet, fack.
    It’s a thing. And I love pints.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Bicycle

So sorry, are you cool with taking advantage of cheap Chinese labour and practices or not? Would the logical solution to this problem be to reduce our use of cheap Chinese shit and business practices wherever possible?
    I think everyone should but that boat has sailed 20 years ago.

Now China basically got into every part of everything we buy. It's in all your cars regardless for brand. It's in all your electronics regardless of brand. US defense contracts still fully rely on rare earth from China. Yes of course you can insist Japanese part for something but it immediately triple your cost.

It's 1.3B people under 1 rule, while in NA we are basically 400m under 61 different set of laws and rules. We can't compete on efficiencies. As Albertans we already know we can't mine anything already. Under Chinese rule, we probably would have got all 4 pipelines built 15 years ago instead of barely 1 we have now.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-03-2020 at 04:52 PM.

I fucking hate it. Let me know how reducing these business practices in any meaningful way goes

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Well, one big business deal at a time seems like a reasonable start to me.

fact.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I think everyone should but that boat has sailed 20 years ago.

Now China basically got into every part of everything we buy. It's in all your cars regardless for brand. It's in all your electronics regardless of brand. US defense contracts still fully rely on rare earth from China. Yes of course you can insist Japanese part for something but it immediately triple your cost.

It's 1.3B people under 1 rule, while in NA we are basically 400m under 61 different set of laws and rules. We can't compete on efficiencies. As Albertans we already know we can't mine anything already. Under Chinese rule, we probably would have got all 4 pipelines built 15 years ago instead of barely 1 we have now.
    Show me how central planning has worked out well in the long term in the past.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Show me how central planning has worked out well in the long term in the past.
    You don't have to go far to proof failure. WHO just released a report on COVID about Chinese cover up. It fails when central government won't act until an independent lab spill the beans for them.

I'm not saying I want to live under a Chinese system, far from it, but shit get done when you can easily removes opposing voices/forces for better or for worse. So you better have a rule that is batting close to 1000.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

They did that for the CDMA switchover to GSM to avoid bankrupting themselves.

Pretty sure next gen network is standalone, though all the majors have roaming agreements anyway.

Sounds like Telus already has some Huawei crap buried in its rollout that will take a while to remove, but they have permission to use it for the time being. Ericsson for all the radios and new shit though. Looks like Telus is going to be a combo of Ericsson and Nokia actually. Bell 100% Ericsson?

Got to be a pretty big deal getting this for Ericsson?

Anyone know who Rogers is using?
    That was Entwhistle to Cope, during the financial crisis. Spend while others aren’t, while they could, and should. (HSPA not GSM)
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Well. Technically SARS1 was covered up, and nothing came of that one. So coverup can be effective and useful if it prevents spread through panic. Who is to say that if you hyped up SARS1 that people wouldn't have immediately tried to run to every corner of the globe to try and outrun it?

Full disclosure can do more harm than good when dealing with public mob mentality, or straight panic.

USA is probably the most secretive of all. They do not willingly part with any knowledge without payment. Its the reason why almost no nations can land a probe on the moon, its never "given" even 50 years later. If you ask me, Apollo was the single greatest project that slowed aerospace technology (globally speaking) in the long term. "Great" if you were in the USA in the 1960's, but absolute pure crap for the entirety of the world including kids in the USA in 2020.

If the USA invented SuperCorn, that would feed the world indefinitely - they also would not let any other nation have it, or the technology behind it - probably for 50 years. Selfish, or the cornerstone of Capitalism?

Can a city be built and grow if you only built one foundation decades ago, then you made blueprints that no one could afford, and never build another foundation again?

Defund NASA.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-05-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    That was Entwhistle to Cope, during the financial crisis. Spend while others aren’t, while they could, and should. (HSPA not GSM)
    HSPA is a gsm subset technology, it’s just a logical progression compared to CDMA which was entirely incompatible with next generation networks.

fact.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

HSPA is a gsm subset technology, it’s just a logical progression compared to CDMA which was entirely incompatible with next generation networks.
    I simplified it by simply stating 2G to 3G. The global standard migration was going to occur.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

As for Nortel:

I think what the average North American worker tech worker wants, is to create a patent - and live off it for 50 years. The exact same idea of creating a thruster and spacesuit that can withstand the temperatures of the moon and have it not weigh 2 tons. Thing is, this is not "progressive" when it comes to tech. If someone said "I created the 9,600 bit per second telephone modem" and then forced everyone to use and pay royalties on it for the next fifty years - there would be little to no progress.

As much as I would like to be rich off something that people are forced to buy oil *cough* oil. Its just not in the best interest of technological progress. Technology must be retested reproved and then improved, every year - without relent. If that does not happen, all you have is teenagers smashing into the moon at mach 22.

If that was the "pinnacle" and no improvements were made since: Then we would all be storing 14KB of data in toaster sized appliances.

Terabit wireless is too slow, we need Quantabit wireless. If the USA figures it out, good for them. If Iran figures it out, good for them. Nortel was always more of a "white person" issue. They want something that really does not exist, you can't live off a 3G cellular patent for more than a few years - this is a very good thing.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-05-2020 at 11:29 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Exploded.

What if I identify as white?

Uh. Only white people can use the term whitey

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    What if I identify as white?
    have you performed any acts of systemic racism?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast