Quantcast
Shaw Wide Open Internet 300 is out now! - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw Wide Open Internet 300 is out now!

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just switched to Unifi.

I got one of these for routing duty as my N66U couldn't handle more than 180 mbps.

https://www.ubnt.com/edgemax/edgerouter-x/

Got price beat at Memex as it was $10 cheaper at newegg.ca
    Very impressive, watched a quick vid on it. Can you tell me more for your experience please? Ease of configuration, security? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Edge router is years old generation. Unless it is a substantial discount I would go with USG which integrates better with the UniFi software.

I think a new USG is due soon with more horsepower to run their new intruder protection tech.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Edge router is years old generation. Unless it is a substantial discount I would go with USG which integrates better with the UniFi software.

I think a new USG is due soon with more horsepower to run their new intruder protection tech.
    Cool thanks.

Well....looks like i have to upgrade my gear, so if i have to do it, may as well do it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Yup, I’m going to return the edge and get the USG. Same hardware, but runs the controller too.

Edit: I guess it integrates, not run. The description on Memex makes it sound like it has the controller software onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero_X View Post
    Hey guys

So wired in, I'm at 330 mbps. So seems like it's a me problem. I am running netgear r7000, any suggestions to improve the speeds?
    What are you trying to connect with? Is it capable of 300 mbps in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Yup, I’m going to return the edge and get the USG. Same hardware, but runs the controller too.

Edit: I guess it integrates, not run. The description on Memex makes it sound like it has the controller software onboard.
    Get a Pi to run the controller. It's cheaper and you can run pihole on it as well among other things!
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by ipeefreely View Post
    What are you trying to connect with? Is it capable of 300 mbps in the first place?

Get a Pi to run the controller. It's cheaper and you can run pihole on it as well among other things!
    Just looked. I’ll probably eventually get one, but I’ll spend way more than $40 worth of time tinkering to get it working.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I have an extra RT-5300 sitting in a box i could let go if you are looking at going single router or AiMesh. I bought 3 thinking I would need them all but 3 could cover the bloody Saddledome it would appear. It was unwrapped and setup but I realized there was way to much overlap so I unhooked it.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Axis powers

Just spent the last 1.5 hours with Shaw getting my internet fixed, was getting 1/4 (80mbps) - 1/3 (113mbps) my 300 speed, had to re-provision the modem a few times for it to stick
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Netflix is happy here.

Name:  88165B4B-E36E-4A14-8C76-423C2E34A7E9.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  25.1 KB
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

who'd you blow to get those speeds?!??

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    who'd you blow to get those speeds?!??
    Haha its the way Shaw shapes your 300mbps speed. You start off really quick, in my case 600mbps or so, then the Shaw traffic shaper slowly drops that down to 300mbps. Fast.com test is short enough that it measures your speed at a silly rate and completes before it shapes down to 300mbps.

Name:  C67F2654-250B-413F-902C-158270F22696.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  31.1 KB

Completely repeatable.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    06 S2000

I've had nothing but issues with shaw since my original 150 expired.

Called shaw when my 150 expired, they offered to keep my 84/month for another 2 years, fantastic. The next day, my shaw account gets cancelled, "I" had apparently gone into a retail store, returned my modem, and told them I was moving to Montreal. Call in, get them to reactivate my account, and it's fine once again.

Call to get the Shaw 300 deal, they give it to me. Drive down and swap my modem same day. Get home, call in, get them to activate the modem, argue over bridge mode, and then got it working anyways. Can easily hit 300 on wired, and 190+/- on wireless.

Get my first bill, it's $280. Apparently all the promo's were removed from my account for no reason, and it was charging the full $120/month for 300, I wal also charged a $50 unreturned modem fee as well, on top of some other charges. Called in, got that resolved, it's down to $107. my.shaw.ca still shows $170, but I'm waiting for next month's bill first.
    Yesterday, my shaw email get's disabled, and it's no longer linked to my account, right when some recruiters were trying to email me a job posting. Had to call into tech support to have it re-enabled. Likely due to how my account was cancelled, even though the account number is still the same.

Now, even on wired, I can't get over 150mbps. Guess I'm calling them again today.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm surprised you use shaw mail, especially for something as important as job hunting. They're notorious for blocking emails because they're so aggressive on spam. At one point memoryexpress was completely blocked from sending emails to Shaw.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I've been trying to move things to my outlook account for the past 6 months, but for some reason they just refuse to use my new email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Ram

happy days.

I called into shaw today to inquire about my billing issues they mysteriously charged me an installation charge mid last week which i assume was telling them to put my modem in bypass mode as i had purchased an amplifi modem. i waited on the phone for 1.5 hours and i figured that since i was on the phone for so long already, i should see if i can get an updated contract with shaw since my 150 expired on tuesday. Guy on the phone was able to give me $65/month for Shaw 300 for 24 months. Not sure how he set it up but im happy and will go and pick up my new modem from chinook after work

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by Sorath View Post
    happy days.

I called into shaw today to inquire about my billing issues they mysteriously charged me an installation charge mid last week which i assume was telling them to put my modem in bypass mode as i had purchased an amplifi modem. i waited on the phone for 1.5 hours and i figured that since i was on the phone for so long already, i should see if i can get an updated contract with shaw since my 150 expired on tuesday. Guy on the phone was able to give me $65/month for Shaw 300 for 24 months. Not sure how he set it up but im happy and will go and pick up my new modem from chinook after work
    Whattttt. $65/m for 2 years is amazing. Congrats bro lol.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I've had nothing but issues with shaw since my original 150 expired.
    This has been my experience in general with Shaw, part of why I am happy to be on Telus. But they both stink for customer service.

My god, I've used a shaw.ca account for well over a decade. About 4 years ago, I had a scare as Shaw cleaned house of all their old accounts and cancelled mine :o Managed to get it added back to a family account and get everything off of it, so I backed it up and only sign up for bullshitty accounts and email services that I don't care if the account gets deleted. Everything gmail now.

A family member just got internet 300, phone w/long distance plan, full bluesky with 3 terminals, and the "medium" HD channel pack (I think pick any 8 packs) for $140/mo. Though that was pretty good. Previous was paying over $200 for less channels and BB150 with no long distance plan. Just walked into the Shaw location downtown and they did it based on loyalty - that seems to be the key word.

$65 for BB300 is awesome, good job. I probably would have hung up long before 1.5h though haha, but $480 for 1.5h is pretty great return.

My Ride
    Ram

I just reviewed the docs they sent over. So they are charging me $65 for the internet and $10 for the modem. Funny how he didn’t mention anything about the modem. I’m gonna see if I can weasel out of it when I go pick up the modem

If not $75 still a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by Sorath View Post
    happy days.

Damn, I got it for around 85/month I think and I have it bundled with large tv and phone line. They haven't done the install yet. Maybe I should give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    A family member just got internet 300, phone w/long distance plan, full bluesky with 3 terminals, and the "medium" HD channel pack (I think pick any 8 packs) for $140/mo. Though that was pretty good. Previous was paying over $200 for less channels and BB150 with no long distance plan. Just walked into the Shaw location downtown and they did it based on loyalty - that seems to be the key word.

$65 for BB300 is awesome, good job. I probably would have hung up long before 1.5h though haha, but $480 for 1.5h is pretty great return.

Shit, I need to work on my negotiating skills lol. Mine is 300, Regular phone, Bluesky with 4 terminals and Large TV (12 packs) for 179/month
    Last edited by SilverGS; 08-02-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast