Quantcast
What are you watching? - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 175 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess it just hit home hard man, my parents called me boy until I was 11.
    Is your dad Kratos?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I love stuff like this where you actually have to pay attention. There was all these little tidbits eluding to the fact that a lot of these stories are taking place at different time lines. Finally a show that can almost rival Lost.
    The more times I got to the “end” the more of a mind fuck it all was. There was a lot of thought put into it for sure. Way more immersive than my old childhood goosebumps choose your own adventure books

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

How the hell did you guys enjoy Bird Box..? I read your posts and thought 'ah haaa! Something new and good to watch..!'
    What a load of bollocks.

Spoiler:
    No bloody story. What was the purpose..? Its basically a stupid story of a shit mother who cant even name her kids taking a joy ride on a river. I mean what the fuck happens at the end? What kinds of ending was that..? How do they grow their food? Does the human species die out after getting chased around earth by ghosts..? Or do they all die due to a lack of vitamin D...? And what was a fat guy doing in the river..? What kind of dumb side plot was that?

Who comes up with this shit..?

I never understand these end of the world type story's. I mean when the world is going to shit, run the taps and collect as much water. Why do they never do this? That what came into my head when they got into that big house.

Why with the obsession that there is some heavenly sanctuary somewhere where you gota get on the road and go there..?

You could write a better end of the word bloody story on Calgary for heaven sake. It could start with the end of the last election, then slowly everything is going to shit, people cant figure out why. You could have that guy thats always protesting at the pride parade holding end of the world signs.
    Then slowly.. people are being chased outside by liberals ..pinning people down to pay more tax. Things get violent.
    A few survivors make it to a big house in Mount Royal. They put on the TV and flip on the news channel. One of the survivors is unimpressed... and states..'the owner of the house could at least have got a better tv from Costco'.. its not even 65 inch. Everyone tells him to shut up and watch.

On the news..Prime minister Trudeau is having a news conference next to a plane and is saying 'Fuck this Alberta shit.. im pissing off to Cuba' and closes the plane hatch. As the plane takes off, it gets hit by a drone, circles back has to make a emergency landing. Our Prime Minister is going nowhere.

At the house.. there is no more money, no food. One of the survivors in the house is Dru Farrel. She insists everyone goes out and brings her food because of her self importance. A dash is made for Superstore in Signal Hill. They cant take a car as they all can't fit in as everyone is so fucking fat (except our hero of course).
    So they take a new SUV. Over the radio they hear a familiar voice, the sound of Jason Kenny.. 'Come to Princess Island Park.. Sanctuary and Peters Burgers here!!'
    A verbal fight ensues in the car. Our Hero tries to convince the rest of the survivors that they should get on a ship for a cruise till this all dies down.. The fat survivors demand they go to the river to Princess Island park. Burgers await!

Word gets out that there is free burgers. Notley demands blockades must be put up. Most roads are all blocked by NDP supporters and are only letting female drivers through. Our survivors take a detour end up in Bowness. They jump on those inflatable raft everyone goes on in the summer. It barely stays afloat as everyone (except our hero) is so dam fat. They wade down the river in the hope of reaching the sanctuary.

Just like Bird Box..Fat Boy Nenshi suddenly appears in the middle of the river. He grabs the raft and tips it over.. he lets out a FAT hearty laugh... 'Come come... pay us more tax to spend'. Everyone fucking drowns as they are soo heavy to stay afloat.. even with the life jacket (except our super athletic hero). He floats down the rest of the way to Princess Island park. A scene like Lord of the Rings happens and our hero is greeted with doves and a whole array of people. Jason Kenny greets our Hero and hands him a cheeseburger and says.. 'Its all Alberta beef son'.. They hug and cry with joy..
    Cue credits..

My Ride
    Axis powers

Finished watching Pine Gap, it was alright, definitely makes you think, would be good for a Sunday binge
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    How the hell did you guys enjoy Bird Box..? I read your posts and thought 'ah haaa! Something new and good to watch..!'
    What a load of bollocks.
    I couldn't figure out what the big deal was either? I was just going to let it be and allow people to enjoy it if they did. People seem to enjoy brainless television quite a bit. The whole movie, the only thing I kept thinking was "They better explain what the fuck these creatures are and why everyone is offing themselves when they see it" So the ending was mega disappointment.

Just watched the first episode of Travelers on Netflix today. Seems like it has promise. It's loosely about time travel, and there is some major paradoxes happening already in the first episode. I'm just wondering if this is just really poor writing from someone who doesn't know basic time travel theory, or if it's going to be a theme for the show that you can't change the future/past.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:27 PM.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

The Orville is back.
    Bortus does not disappoint.

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

Surprisingly, I'm enjoying "Hi Score Girl". Definitely brings back memories!

I am one of the last few people who has not watched The Office - I have seen scattered episodes here and there but never committed to it. I started at S01E01 and 90% of the jokes would not fly today haha, they are mostly racist/sexist, etc. Enjoying it so far though, but I hear it gets bad in late seasons when Michael leaves.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I am one of the last few people who has not watched The Office - I have seen scattered episodes here and there but never committed to it. I started at S01E01 and 90% of the jokes would not fly today haha, they are mostly racist/sexist, etc. Enjoying it so far though, but I hear it gets bad in late seasons when Michael leaves.
    Honestly, I thought it was at least as good after Michael leaves. That show is fantastic right til the end IMO. Have seen it multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Honestly, I thought it was at least as good after Michael leaves. That show is fantastic right til the end IMO. Have seen it multiple times.
    Well that's good to hear - I guess I will see for myself but I am more excited about it now.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Rolling through Parks and Rec on prime video, great 20 minute show

Let my Netflix sub run out. Now on Prime only and working on the Steam/PS4 game backlog.

$15 Netflix gift cards make it supereasy to just jump in and out for a month.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Just watched 12th Man on Netflix. Fooking brilliant...

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Man just watched Bird Box... What a stupid movie in all aspects. 2 hrs wasted for that.

First episode of True Detective Season 3 tonight. Looks promising. More Season 1 than Season 2 me thinks.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Just finished Harry Brown on Netflix really enjoyed it.
    Also started The Ranch it’s dece few laughs from Kelso and Elisha Cuthburt still has great cans
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

First episode of True Detective Season 3 tonight. Looks promising. More Season 1 than Season 2 me thinks.
    Agreed, excellent first 2 episodes tonight, drew me in just like season 1, even more so. Great show everyone here should watch, it hooked me within the first 30 mins. They've built a great story so far, and if the rest of the episodes are as good as the first 2, it's going to be a fantastic series (I hope).

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Watching American Gods on prime. The cinematography is pretty damn impressive, but i was thoroughly confused for a few episodes. It takes a while to clear up, but has become quite enjoyable so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Watching American Gods on prime. The cinematography is pretty damn impressive, but i was thoroughly confused for a few episodes. It takes a while to clear up, but has become quite enjoyable so far.
    Same, Prime/4k for American Gods is pretty great. If you use a VPN/Proxy you can jump into the US Amazon Prime catalogue as well, there is a pile more shows there to watch. Still thin on films like the Canadian catalogue on Prime, but it's improving. The Tom Clancy based series is tolerable on Prime as well. American Gods is truly a work of art though, season 2 I'm very much wanting to see.

Page 16 of 175 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast