Quantcast
Alberta NDP Polling at 100% - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta NDP Polling at 100%

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s cute when people think taxation isn’t a zero sum game
    I don't actually think there should be fat tax, just to clarify. I just think it's funny to go down these silly rabbit holes using real data instead of emotional outbursts.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I don't actually think there should be fat tax, just to clarify. I just think it's funny to go down these silly rabbit holes using real data instead of emotional outbursts.
    Real data is that people are suffering/dying from delayed surgeries because a bunch of numbwits take their medical advice from Facebook instead of medical doctors and endocrinologistis. Want to link me to the times the ICU was at the brink of capacity because of fat people?

Alberta already tried incentivizing people to get vaxxed through payment which was a waste of taxpayer money IMO. Punish those who refuse by making them pay for the costs of their self-entitlement.

It's still better than most travel insurance excluding coverage for many high-risk activities given that the solution to this is low-risk and free.

Funny thing is, those who are resisting vaccination are also those who want their freedoms back. Guess what, countries with high vaccination rates have been able to open up and return freedoms and get economic growth back on track. Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Real data is that people are suffering/dying from delayed surgeries because a bunch of numbwits take their medical advice from Facebook instead of medical doctors and endocrinologistis. Want to link me to the times the ICU was at the brink of capacity because of fat people?

Alberta already tried incentivizing people to get vaxxed through payment which was a waste of taxpayer money IMO. Punish those who refuse by making them pay for the costs of their self-entitlement.

It's still better than most travel insurance excluding coverage for many high-risk activities given that the solution to this is low-risk and free.

Funny thing is, those who are resisting vaccination are also those who want their freedoms back. Guess what, countries with high vaccination rates have been able to open up and return freedoms and get economic growth back on track. Shocker.

The odd person is having delayed surgeries because of mismanagement and underfunding of public services. The entire current capacity of healthcare as we know it today, is built essentially around people being fat. You're simply looking for an easy scapegoat right now. Truth of the matter is that there's a lot more going on than just big scary covid.

I'll let you in on a little secret. We've never needed to be closed down. Thanks Government! err I mean unvaxxed people...

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

The odd person is having delayed surgeries because of mismanagement and underfunding of public services. The entire current capacity of healthcare as we know it today, is built essentially around people being fat. You're simply looking for an easy scapegoat right now. Truth of the matter is that there's a lot more going on than just big scary covid.

I'll let you in on a little secret. We've never needed to be closed down. Thanks Government! err I mean unvaxxed people...
    "The number of surgeries delayed in Alberta by the fourth wave of the pandemic has reached 15,000 — nearly double what it was a month ago — as the province cancelled procedures and reallocated resources to COVID-19 patients, the health minister said Thursday. "

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...emic-1.6238020

And your mentality is why the NDP is polling at 100% chance of majority.

If you think it's the odd surgery delayed... I hope you stay healthy.
    I know hip and knee replacements and pushed out a couple years for people. You'll get pain killers prescribed and told wait it out, sorry.

My Ride
    *The First*

I wonder if critical surgeries like having my dick removed because of my feelings are being delayed.
    I bet that's not being delayed...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

"The number of surgeries delayed in Alberta by the fourth wave of the pandemic has reached 15,000 — nearly double what it was a month ago — as the province cancelled procedures and reallocated resources to COVID-19 patients, the health minister said Thursday. "

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...emic-1.6238020

And your mentality is why the NDP is polling at 100% chance of majority.
    Every province delayed surgeries. We’re the only one that reported the actual number. Can’t even compare. Throughout the pandemic, Alberta has been the only province that’s been completely transparent with the data, and it’s been used against ourselves as ammunition to paint the narrative that we suck.

I’d rather have transparency in our data.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

The odd person is having delayed surgeries because of mismanagement and underfunding of public services.
    I think it's easy to point to that but end of the day it's like walking up to a homeless guy and shout at him to stop being poor.

There is a limited talent pool and if you want more, you have to pay exponentially more (see recent nurse recruitment rate). They only way to help is not more capacity but not swamp the capacity we have and people can't even do their part on that.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Every province delayed surgeries. We’re the only one that reported the actual number. Can’t even compare. Throughout the pandemic, Alberta has been the only province that’s been completely transparent with the data, and it’s been used against ourselves as ammunition to paint the narrative that we suck.

I strongly agree with this.
    I do find fault with our provincial govt for failing to adequately convey this message to the masses, although, it's an impossible battle to get through to our colonizers. I think more Albertans could be aware of this, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I strongly agree with this.
    I do find fault with our provincial govt for failing to adequately convey this message to the masses, although, it's an impossible battle to get through to our colonizers. I think more Albertans could be aware of this, though.
    Genuinely curious, how do you know Alberta has been the most transparent on their data?

I haven't followed too closely to what other provinces are saying.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Genuinely curious, how do you know Alberta has been the most transparent on their data?

I haven't followed too closely to what other provinces are saying.
    I tried to do comparisons in the last year to gauge how we’re doing. It’s impossible. Nobody has the granularity that alberta publishes. BC was the worst, all points were high level. They even got busted for fudging their positivity rate data which forced them to correct it. There’s snippets of leaks that showed they were suppressing school outbreak data, surgery delays and hospital pressure from the last wave, but it was barely covered or social media amplified. You can still find some articles here and there but it never took off.

You can scratch the surface here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-may-1.6018550

The positivity rate manipulation was the worst. They grouped in rapid tests, used for people that needed to test daily for work, to lower their overall positivity rates. Even now it’s not fully split out, they just track government tests and private tests separately.

Actually that probably wasn’t the worst. Declaring no school outbreaks last wave was probably worst, when parents were posting about half the classes at schools quarantined.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

It's beside the point. Even if the number was only 5000, the fact those 5000 surgeries were being delayed because anti-vaxxers are clogging up the hospitals remains the problem.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's beside the point. Even if the number was only 5000, the fact those 5000 surgeries were being delayed because anti-vaxxers are clogging up the hospitals remains the problem.
    I agree. I was merely commenting looking at it through a political lens.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

You're so hung up on the unvaxxed that you can't even stop to think for a second why Canada doesn't ever state the health status of covid patients clogging up the ICU.

Other countries have shown it's overwhelmingly overweight and obese people.

Would it change your focus if AHS started telling us how fat these vaxxed or unvaxxed patients are? I would wager it's in the 80-90% range.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    You're so hung up on the unvaxxed that you can't even stop to think for a second why Canada doesn't ever state the health status of covid patients clogging up the ICU.

Would it change your focus if AHS started telling us how fat these vaxxed or unvaxxed patients are? I would wager it's in the 80-90% range.
    Are you implying that fat vaccinated or fat unvaccinated people are clogging up the ICU?

I'm not sure how you'd even skew the data to make BF% be relevant - unless I missed the wave of hospitalizations due to weight and the announcement of a a free vaccine that will somehow immediately reduce the hospitalization rate of obese by 90+%?

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ns-vaccination

Edit: Link doesn't seem to immediately load the tables so below is a screenshot.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-01 203429.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  227.0 KB
    Last edited by davidI; 12-01-2021 at 01:35 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Do you have data on these other countries?

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Are you implying that fat vaccinated or fat unvaccinated people are clogging up the ICU?
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. You just won't hear it from our politicians and government because of the massive effort from the left and MSM to normalize obesity. It would political suicide and opening yourself to heavy criticism that would most likely get your career cancelled.

Do you have data on these other countries?
    There should be plenty of data out there. It was already being reported early on from China during COVID-19. The relationship between obese and overweight people and other coronaviruses has always been known.

Tons of resources citing studies from all over
    https://www.worldobesity.org/resourc...d-case-studies

Small study in Canada
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41366-021-00938-8

Links to 14 studies from multiple countries
    https://immunityageing.biomedcentral...79-020-00212-x

CNBC reporting on CDC numbers from 238 US hospitals March 2020 to Dec 2020
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-or-obese.html

American diabetes association study on Jan 2020 to March 2020 data from Shenzen, China.
    https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/43/7/1392

My Ride
    NC1

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. You just won't hear it from our politicians and government because of the massive effort from the left and MSM to normalize obesity. It would political suicide and opening yourself to heavy criticism that would most likely get your career cancelled.
    haha yup. fk being healthy, body positivity all the way! lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

You're missing the point.

They're not clogging up the ICU because they're fat. They're clogging up the ICU because they are fat and caught COVID.

Sure, obesity is a problem (though it and smoking are actually reported to save healthcare costs in the long-run due to reduced longevity) but it doesn't have an instantaneous fix like these little free vaccinations that a select minority (who are clogging up the hospitals) are refusing to take.

My Ride
    *The First*

You're missing the point.

They're not clogging up the ICU because they're fat. They're clogging up the ICU because they are fat and caught COVID.

Sure, obesity is a problem (though it and smoking are actually reported to save healthcare costs in the long-run due to reduced longevity) but it doesn't have an instantaneous fix like these little free vaccinations that a select minority (who are clogging up the hospitals) are refusing to take.
    Whoa, easy there! You gotta use real small words to explain something so complexicated.

What you say:
    "Unvax'd fatties are fuckin us!"

What they hear:
    Name:  Screenshot_20211202-070328_Firefox.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  95.8 KB

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast