Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2018-2019 Edition - Page 46 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2018-2019 Edition

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Its frustrating to watch because Smith is giving it 120%, but everyone around him seems lost and uninterested.

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its frustrating to watch because Smith is giving it 120%, but everyone around him seems lost and uninterested.
    I'd say Bennett, Magi, even Vali today showed up. Take Neal and Brodie out next game. Czar and Kylington in and see what some youngsters with energy will do.

My Ride
    NC1

Have we come back from being down 3-1 ever? I know we have given up a 3-1 lead lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    Safe to say James Neal is no longer the real deal?
    Hopefully Seattle will take his contract off our hands. Yeesh.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    a tank

Man just tough to watch this team right now, with leads late in game 2 and game 4. Flames did not even have to show up for the entire series, had they just dial it up on the final 3m for both games, we would have been the one up 3 games to 1. The Avs did everything when it counted, we didnt.

its ironic, Smith was questionable during the regular season but completely went beastmode in the playoff, the rest of the team while had showed all of their own individual potentials earlier on had all just shut off in post season play. like what?

I thought Flames was a fast team, guess not. And now we know. it will be interesting what the GM will do in the off season because, do you blow up a team where if things were under a more ideal situation (e.g. sneaking into the playoff vs idle for months without meaningful competition) Flames would have been a completely different team.

I think Flames can take game 5 as long as they show up. and will lose in game 6 just cause I cannot see Smith can reach that far with this kind of work load. Its difference during the regular season when we out score our opponent, but none of that is happening right now.

The key game I say will be game 6, if the hockey gods do give Flames a break like they did with the Avs where everything goes our way, wining game 6 will be crazy because you come back to Calgary game 7 then in that span of a few nights, the Flames will have a similar situation where they have learned what being continually under pressure and playing very high competitive hockey is like. Enabling them total momentum to be back on track.
    Last edited by SilverRex; 04-18-2019 at 06:15 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    its ironic, Smith was questionable during the regular season but completely went beastmode in the playoff, the rest of the team while had showed all of their own individual potentials earlier on had all just shut off in post season play. like what?
    Looking back, it’s kind of hilarious where we are in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I'm once again worried about goaltending this year. We haven't had a playoffs run caliber goalie in a decade.
    Just so insane that goaltending was the worry from pre season to game 82, and here we are with Playoff VIP Smith and everyone else shitting the bed.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Yup.

We have a team that can dominate low intensity games...but folds under pressure in high intensity games. Happened a couple of years ago too. It's why you draft the Mackinnons at 4, and the Gaudreaus at 841.
    Man Mackinnon was a concensus first overall pick a year plus before he was drafted

But I agree with the others last night, like WTF is up with the reffing... be consistent. Call it the same. It's like oh shit, under 3 minutes and Flames are up. Get those whistles ready boys.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Game 2 and 4 even though we were outplayed we could have won. Game 3 was a whipping. Smith playing great. Moneyhan is slow, not physical. May be he is not 100% healthy. Avs playing the body (and sticks) on Johnny. Hope the Oilers don't offer sheet Bennett. He is playing with intensity and creating some opportunities. He would strive beside his buddy McDavid.
    I like how Valamaki played, and Anderson has played well beyond expectation. Neal is definitely a step or two behind.

May be the Rock will give a speech to the guys when he visits the Dome :-)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

When I read the various criticisms, I disagree with most of them, but I'm an admitted fanboi. Then, the score and the flow of the game sure shows some gaping holes.

The regular season we outperformed our expectations, but it will make a first round exit that much more painful.
    Fuck, I'm going to the game Friday now, and I'm terrified.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    When I read the various criticisms, I disagree with most of them, but I'm an admitted fanboi. Then, the score and the flow of the game sure shows some gaping holes.

The regular season we outperformed our expectations, but it will make a first round exit that much more painful.
    Fuck, I'm going to the game Friday now, and I'm terrified.
    From a somewhat more objective position (ie - not a fanboi) I think a great deal has to do with Colorado playing excellent rather than Calgary stinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    . It's like oh shit, under 3 minutes and Flames are up. Get those whistles ready boys.
    Flagrant trip was flagrant and caused a puck turnover.
    Dummy throws pucks over glass is as automatic a penalty as there is. What did you want the officials (4 of them) to do on that one?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    From a somewhat more objective position (ie - not a fanboi) I think a great deal has to do with Colorado playing excellent rather than Calgary stinking.
    Agreed. I mean we're not nearly playing our best, but let's also give Colorado the credit they deserve: they haven't taken their foot off the pedal since game 2.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Wasn't Colorado 8-0-2 in their last 10 games heading into the playoffs? They came in on fire and we came in with mediocre gameplay. Launch Neal into the sun at this point, too bad the expansion draft isn't soon.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Flagrant trip was flagrant and caused a puck turnover.
    Dummy throws pucks over glass is as automatic a penalty as there is. What did you want the officials (4 of them) to do on that one?
    The consistency is the problem, players have no clue what's going to get called, and how they should play. Refs looked point blank at 2 high sticks into the face of the Flames, no call. I get it, it's the playoffs, let them get away with stuff, but it shouldn't be random. Makes it impossible to play because you don't know what's going to be called.

Through all 4 games, it felt like the Flames had more weak inconsistent calls. Not that it matters, that's not why we lost, just frustrating to fuck the flow like that.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I want so badly to like Neil. I truly do. But he looks at best exhausted.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

The consistency is the problem, players have no clue what's going to get called, and how they should play. Refs looked point blank at 2 high sticks into the face of the Flames, no call. I get it, it's the playoffs, let them get away with stuff, but it shouldn't be random. Makes it impossible to play because you don't know what's going to be called.

Through all 4 games, it felt like the Flames had more weak inconsistent calls. Not that it matters, that's not why we lost, just frustrating to fuck the flow like that.
    I 100% agree with you. I try and be leary about criticizing refs because everyone always says "oh your team is losing OF COURSE its the refs fault /s" but when you have the panel mentioning the horrible, inconsistent, lop sided reffing then I think our complaints start holding more merit. The two good (see: obvious) calls they made were the too many men on the Avs and the delay of game on us. But the other shit they called were brutal: blatant high sticks, elbows, cross checks... nothing. MacKinnon drives into Lindholm, Lindholm into the box for interference. Brodie and Backlund's penalties against Landeskog were also soft horseshit calls compared to what was going on. I thought we played way better than game 3, but when Avs are that consistent you need to step up.

I want so badly to like Neil. I truly do. But he looks at best exhausted.
    You and me both. I thought he was deadly on Vegas last year and I was really excited when we got him but he looks worn out and tired. I am sure he is good in the dressing room as he's so experienced but holy fuck is he ineffective out there. Its like when we got Jagr (not saying they have the same skillset) everyone was hyped up but he was slow and ineffective.
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have a soft spot for old and slow players, but even I am ready to give up on Neil.

The Flames just look bad, except for Smith. Colorado is a better team right now. At least the next 2 are in Calgary but they will need a lot more than that. Colorado doesn't look like they are playing out of their minds, IMHO, and they don't have much for depth - we just can't seem to shut down MacKinnon/Rantanen.

My Ride
    E46

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    At least the next 2 are in Calgary but they will need a lot more than that.
    Just the next 1 unfortunately then back to Colarado. I also think we take game 5 then lose game 6.

TL

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dragon View Post
    Just the next 1 unfortunately then back to Colarado. I also think we take game 5 then lose game 6.
    Ah shoot, you're right. Thanks for the correction!

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

No words... just GIF's

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 ... LastLast