3 27.27%
  • Go fuck yourself

8 72.73%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Virtual residential address? MINOR THREAD

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Default Virtual residential address? MINOR THREAD

I currently live in Medicine Hat. I have tentatively accepted a job tentatively offered in Swift Current SK starting in March. I'll be selling my house in Medicine Hat. In 6 months I plan on moving to Calgary.

I'd like to not go to the trouble of switching my driver's license, health card, vehicles and whatever else over to Saskatchewan and then switching back again in the fall. I think there's virtual addresses for businesses; is there such a thing for residential addresses?

Would a PO Box be sufficient? I don't know what actually needs to appear on a driver's license.

Worst case is I could probably "rent" a room from a friend in Alberta and use their address, but then I'm counting on them not moving, dying or hating me during that 6 months.

Edit: If I wasn't such a simple cunt I would have made the poll public.
    Last edited by SKR; 02-23-2021 at 08:48 AM.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think for 6 months you can skate by pretty easily on all that stuff. But I'm not really sure. Do you have renewals coming up?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

My driver's license expires in 2023, and since I'm changing that from class 5 to class 1 maybe I'll get a new renewal date then.

I think my vehicle registrations expire in June or July maybe.

Those are the only things I think that can expire. I probably could get away with just not changing anything, and forwarding my mail.

I'd be interested in hearing from registry people and insurance people too maybe. Although I'd expect them just to say bad choice, Joyce.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, you'd hate to end up with an insurance claim near your new residential address if that address is not what's on file. Coukd be veeeery awkward.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    My driver's license expires in 2023, and since I'm changing that from class 5 to class 1 maybe I'll get a new renewal date then.

I think my vehicle registrations expire in June or July maybe.

Those are the only things I think that can expire. I probably could get away with just not changing anything, and forwarding my mail.

I'd be interested in hearing from registry people and insurance people too maybe. Although I'd expect them just to say bad choice, Joyce.
    There's a thread that's ideal to answer questions like this. I think her name is Dannie or something along those lines. It seems she works at a registry. I'll check later if you can't find it.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    There's a thread that's ideal to answer questions like this. I think her name is Dannie or something along those lines. It seems she works at a registry. I'll check later if you can't find it.
    @SKR it's here:
    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/413...istries-Thread

Fire up some tunes and ask away.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Fwd mail, tell insurance you have a 6 month rotation for work across the border... it’s 6 months, my fucking ex of 3+ years still hasn’t changed her god damn address from my place

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

snowbirds do it every year, i dont see why you shouldn't be able to.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Pencil in your buddies address, fwd Mail to a PO Box if you want.

The only things i see being more sticky are federal things like CRA, Firearms license etc...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Well, you'd hate to end up with an insurance claim near your new residential address if that address is not what's on file. Coukd be veeeery awkward.
    That's what I'm worried about, and why I'm trying to keep important people like that in the dark about what I'm actually doing. The discovery that a virtual address is not my actual address might cause the whole thing to unravel.

@SKR it's here:
    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/413...istries-Thread

Fire up some tunes and ask away.
    I forgot about that thread, but I don't know how to ask it in any different way than I have here and I don't want to have two discussions on the go at once. Obviously I could have avoided that if I just posted there to begin with. Take that knowledge and vote in the poll appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Fwd mail, tell insurance you have a 6 month rotation for work across the border... it’s 6 months, my fucking ex of 3+ years still hasn’t changed her god damn address from my place
    I don't think insurance would have any huge problems with this. I'm less afraid of that phone call than I am to a registry. Registries have not been receptive to my innovative tactics in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    snowbirds do it every year, i dont see why you shouldn't be able to.
    I never thought of them, although I'd think they still have some tie to their home either by owning it or renting it, wouldn't they? I don't know what they do.

Pencil in your buddies address, fwd Mail to a PO Box if you want.

The only things i see being more sticky are federal things like CRA, Firearms license etc...
    That might be the safest, and most closely resembling legal, way to do it. I'm not too worried about anything federal. My income tax guy can sort that out. I pay him enough, he ought to be able to.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    *The First*

@dannie do you have advice for this?

Literally, asking for SKR.

Just so I have the correct info: You're an Alberta resident living in AB. You're taking a job in SK for a temp term of 6 months, then leaving the job and moving to Calgary? Is the SK employer an AB company? Are you being transferred back to Calgary with the same employer? Will you be living in a work residence in SK?

- - - Updated - - -

I most definitely do! Thanks for tagging me. I wouldn't have seen the thread otherwise. Cheers!

My Ride

Thank you sir (or madam? I know your penis is mighty, but I don't know how you identify).

Quote Originally Posted by dannie View Post
    Just so I have the correct info: You're an Alberta resident living in AB. You're taking a job in SK for a temp term of 6 months, then leaving the job and moving to Calgary?
    This is all correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dannie View Post
    Is the SK employer an AB company? Are you being transferred back to Calgary with the same employer? Will you be living in a work residence in SK?
    No to all of these.

If I wasn't selling my house I don't believe any of this would be an issue. I just don't know what the bare minimum is to call yourself a resident in Alberta.

I'm going to brace myself now because I know your answer is going to be the most correct, but probably the least fun.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

is it a contract position or an employee position, that may matter too.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

So... what’s the question?

Why do you think anyone cares what your address is that badly? It’s 6 months... you’ll have 2020 filed before it starts and you’ll be back before you file 2021 taxes... you’ll declare your sale happened in 2021 and you bought a new place (or not) whenever that happens... renting here or there for 6 months, my only concern would be not having an insurance claim denied... you work in sask, you live here or there. Who cares? You pay sask taxes on sask income either way. It’s covid, your reg renewal can be done virtually... if you really give a shit, do it early, do it for two years

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I'd like to not go to the trouble of switching my driver's license, health card, vehicles and whatever else over to Saskatchewan and then switching back again in the fall.
    This is all a huge pain in the butt especially with a class 1 as you will need to get a medical in each province. Vehicles will also need OOP inspections as its over 3 months. So I agree with doing what ever you can to stay here, even if it means moving in with a buddy during your temp SK contract.

There is a good chance when you take your AB license to SK you might get a dummy at the registry who thinks your license is fake because here we have class 1 licenses and there they have 1a and they simply cannot understand how you can have a class 1 without the "a". This will be despite the fact that your AB license is clearly marked with the "Q" for air brake endorsement and no matter what you tell them they just cannot grasp the fact that its all the same thing. Then they will likely get all grumpy when you ask for your license back and tell them that you will go to a different place with more knowledgeable tellers. Then a senior team member will have to get involved because the original dummy thinks you're committing a crime trying to pass off a fake license and it just turns into a scene, especially when they get embarrassed by their own supervisors telling them you're all good and thats just how AB does things. It will be best to avoid that shit show.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

I currently live in Medicine Hat. I have tentatively accepted a job tentatively offered in Swift Current SK starting in March. I'll be selling my house in Medicine Hat. In 6 months I plan on moving to Calgary.

I'd like to not go to the trouble of switching my driver's license, health card, vehicles and whatever else over to Saskatchewan and then switching back again in the fall. I think there's virtual addresses for businesses; is there such a thing for residential addresses?

Would a PO Box be sufficient? I don't know what actually needs to appear on a driver's license.

Worst case is I could probably "rent" a room from a friend in Alberta and use their address, but then I'm counting on them not moving, dying or hating me during that 6 months.

Edit: If I wasn't such a simple cunt I would have made the poll public.
    Use your lawyer's office if they offer that. That way if you get served with papers, your staff or neighbors don't have to see it

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride

is it a contract position or an employee position, that may matter too.
    It's not, it's a truck driving position. Contracts seem like the kind of thing you'd need a Linkedin profile for.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Why do you think anyone cares what your address is that badly?
    It seems important to the people who give you a driver's license that your address is correct on your driver's license. I don't know why, but they make it sound like it's a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    This is all a huge pain in the butt especially with a class 1 as you will need to get a medical in each province. Vehicles will also need OOP inspections as its over 3 months. So I agree with doing what ever you can to stay here, even if it means moving in with a buddy during your temp SK contract.

There is a good chance when you take your AB license to SK you might get a dummy at the registry who thinks your license is fake because here we have class 1 licenses and there they have 1a and they simply cannot understand how you can have a class 1 without the "a". This will be despite the fact that your AB license is clearly marked with the "Q" for air brake endorsement and no matter what you tell them they just cannot grasp the fact that its all the same thing. Then they will likely get all grumpy when you ask for your license back and tell them that you will go to a different place with more knowledgeable tellers. Then a senior team member will have to get involved because the original dummy thinks you're committing a crime trying to pass off a fake license and it just turns into a scene, especially when they get embarrassed by their own supervisors telling them you're all good and thats just how AB does things. It will be best to avoid that shit show.
    Here's a guy who gets it. I'm absolutely not interested in doing any of that if I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    Use your lawyer's office if they offer that. That way if you get served with papers, your staff or neighbors don't have to see it
    That might be worth a look. Although my experience with lawyers is that they don't want any part of steering you into a grey area. They'll do everything possible to avoid telling you that you can do something.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

So... you change to class 1 now... it’s current right now, you have a recent utility bill with address and name right now... no issues RIGHT NOW...

Then what? What would you have to do between now and 6 months from now with your license that doesn’t expire for 24 months? Wtf am I missing here? I feel like I’m missing something here. Like when someone applies for a mortgage and is like “oh I’ve been away for two years” and really that’s code for jail

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

That might be worth a look. Although my experience with lawyers is that they don't want any part of steering you into a grey area. They'll do everything possible to avoid telling you that you can do something.
    Rent a PO box in SK and use mail forwarding to the SK PO box address from your current address/eventual Calgary address.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast