Quantcast
Post covid beachbody diet - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Post covid beachbody diet

My Ride
    4x4

Default Post covid beachbody diet

anyone who's met me knows I'm not about to get Beach body anytime soon...

So... About a month ago noticed knees are really getting unhappy seemingly out of nowhere. Happened to step on a scale today... Haha - guess my bachelor laundry skills aren't to blame yeah up about 25lbs this year so far. And that's over my "obese normal". (Sorry I'll never hit BMI/180, it's just not possible)

Hangry Andy doesn't make good choices, and really is awful for cheating. A lot of the diets allowing personal choice and decisions - don't work so well for me. (At least I'm honest)

I know I did fairly ok on one of the awful cabbage soup diets once upon a time. Found that in a recipe book tonight - I did a modified version (I said I made bad choices when hangry right?) Added 250g of chorizo per pot. "3 fruits a day, all soup you want ignore rest of recipe/diet". Probably was making bad choices on all you can eat steak day. Just a hunch looking at it.

Of course what I have as the heart association diet, which I guess is now sacred heart(?), Falls in the not recommended category. Not balanced.

Anyone happen to have thoughts on what might not be terribly unhealthy in terms of a diet for someone who starts hulk smashing when hungry?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Intermittent feasting is easiest weight loss diet for most dudes
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Exploded.

If you track what you eat and limit your calorie intake, that’ll help a lot. It helped me!
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Make your life easier:

Don't buy shit food at the store and bring it home. If you are hungry and nothing looks 'munchable', you'll either not end up eating or reluctantly pick a healthier choice because there isn't anything else. I'm too lazy if I'm snacky to go out and find that perfect nibble, and too cheap/impatient to order delivery for a snack.

I learned long ago that I have zero self-control. If it's in the house, I'll find it and eat it long before I consider stopping at the fruit bowl. Easiest solution = don't have it in the house.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Make your life easier:

Don't buy shit food at the store and bring it home. If you are hungry and nothing looks 'munchable', you'll either not end up eating or reluctantly pick a healthier choice because there isn't anything else. I'm too lazy if I'm snacky to go out and find that perfect nibble, and too cheap/impatient to order delivery for a snack.

I learned long ago that I have zero self-control. If it's in the house, I'll find it and eat it long before I consider stopping at the fruit bowl. Easiest solution = don't have it in the house.
    Yes, for anyone who struggles with self-control, you need to take all those micro-moments in your house where you need to control your behaviour, and turn it into one larger (but manageable) moment of control at the grocery store. If there's no chips/pop/cookies etc in your house, then it's easier not to snack on them.

That's why I went to IF instead of tracking calories. Tracking calories is great, and really educational, but it takes a small amount of effort many times a day. I found it tiresome after a few successful months. IF was just simply an easier way for me to reduce my calorie intake without a lot of "management".
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    4x4

Technically I already do that, if I understand the basics of it. I generally eat a mid afternoon breakfast and a later dinner after the kids, when I eat is already <6hrs. A 24hr fast wouldn't happen - hangry Andy wouldn't make good choices and that would be where the box of Oreos goes missing.

I don't have a problem with managing what I eat, kids have tons of snacks/treats - I don't touch them...

My weakness tends to be breads/pastas this is why I was thinking more of the low calorie type soup diet that way hangry Andy can be avoided - reasoning with him is like a certain green avenger

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Whole30 worked well for me, teaches you to actually read all the shit you buy. Bread and beer are the enemy in my mind.. but i love them both

My Ride
    *The First*

Can you indicate whether you believe that "Calories in < Calories out" or whether you believe that you can eat 5,000 Calories per day but still lose weight because of macro balancing?

This will help us avoid the two camps of "experts" fight about who's right as hopefully only one of them will bother making recommendations to you and the other camp can pre-fuck-off.

*This isn't going to work, but I thought I'd try...

My Ride
    4x4

Haha, I'm assuming the caloric intake needs to come down.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, the whole reason I like IF is that for my lifestyle, it's the easiest way to reduce total calorie intake.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yeah, the whole reason I like IF is that for my lifestyle, it's the easiest way to reduce total calorie intake.
    You wrote "intermittent feasting" in your earlier post which could've been corrected, but is honestly the same thing.
    LoL!!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Can someone confirm this for me?

#1 is worse than #2

1. straight simple sugars (eg. oreo cookies, coke, ice cream) - produce a strong insulin response which translates into immediate fat storage - literally cookies to flab

2. breads, starches, beers (complex carbs)
    Last edited by revelations; 07-10-2020 at 07:14 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Do you mean for health, or for weight gain/loss? Those are different ideas.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Eat less, eat better, exercise more.

/rocketscience

As for the psychology of doing the above. Can’t help you there.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Exactly. The science is there that shows (for example) by eliminating carbs means you body must burn fat for energy, so you body loses more fat than if you eat both together because your body want to burn the easiest source of energy, which is carbs. That means if you don’t burn up all the calories you took in, the fats will get stored. Your body also has to work harder to use fats and proteins than it does carbs, so you end up burning more calories at rest than a high carb diets.

Now this is super basic ideas and how it was explained to me, but I just know it works for me. Obviously other dietary methods work for others as the real basics of less calories in than out will translate to weight loss, but science gives it can help the process along better. Speaking for myself, I was 326lbs 2 years ago and was down to 236 before covid, which did fuck me up a bit. I put back on 30lbs before going back to what works and I am back down to 250 today and heading the right direction again. IF and low carb is magic for guys like me! If you can exercise too, well that is even better!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

case eg. I want to lose fat - I should avoid or eliminate #1 as much as possible, but #2 in (somewhat) moderation is ok?

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    case eg. I want to lose fat - I should avoid or eliminate #1 as much as possible, but #2 in (somewhat) moderation is ok?
    Don't eliminate either and have them in moderation (portion controlled)

I'm currently in a lean bulk right now and up to 221 at 17%BF (from 210 15%)

The best two options are iifym and intermittent fasting. Why? Because you are not eliminating food rather just controlling them. I've tried so many diets in the past(and watched my clients experiment) but they always fail because eliminating things you enjoy never ends well. Just don't chase fast results and get that balance where you can still enjoy life. A good average is 1-2lbs of fat a week lost, anything more is unrealistic (unless you are severely overweight).

Just to give you a macro breakdown
    I eat a bread right now that is p4 c13 f1 and calories 82 per slice. If im low on carbs for the day i can crush like 6 slices and im only hitting 492 calories. That is nothing. A big mac alone is 550 calories. Once you understand macros you will understand certain things are not worth it and certain things are not even close to as bad as you thought
    Last edited by scboss; 07-20-2020 at 12:35 AM.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Diets take too long and may not work. Liposuction is instant and you can use the fat to make useful stuff. I am considering it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Diets take too long and may not work. Liposuction is instant and you can use the fat to make useful stuff. I am considering it myself.
    Heh all jokes aside. I actually know someone that got lipo and gained everything back and then some......
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Ford F150

Imagine paying for lipo and then still being lazy and eating like crap.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast