Quantcast
Going Full Straight Edge For All January!! - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Going Full Straight Edge For All January!!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One month done!! Now moving onto phase two which is continuing the sober life for a while, but please excuse me while I break rule number 3... Unnnnnnnnnngggggh!!! Ahhhhhhhhh...
    Name:  2420708486_36aec7f1a2_o.gif
Views: 339
Size:  186.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Name:  2420708486_36aec7f1a2_o.gif
Views: 339
Size:  186.2 KB
    Pretty much...

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    No but srs, if anyone wants some support to do the month of February, I'm already in. I hear there is some kind of charity deal with that, but I find external shit, and social media particularly, when trying to better myself, make me really unhappy, so I'm doing mine without attaching any "cause" to it.
    Looking like I'm in. I didn't have anything to drink all week, so I guess I'll just go for the rest of the month.
    I think I've already passed the hardest test. Made it through nearly 45 min of Over The Moon before (thank Allah) the kids shut it off. It's like a coil of shit, that doesn't stop singing.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Alright brother. I had my last drink Thursday I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Good man.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Probably going to lose some weight being off rhe beer. What's the calorie count in a hundred beers?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Probably going to lose some weight being off rhe beer. What's the calorie count in a hundred beers?
    15,000, or 7 days worth of recommended daily food intake.

Is that how much you drink a month? No judgement, just wondering.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not every month, but some months i'm sure I have hit that. I thought I was exaggerating, but after some analysis, it may not been as far off as I was intending. I'm sure I have a lot of months where I break 50 anyway. It doesn't sound very healthy when I type it out. Probably not a bad idea for me to take a break.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

On top of calories, it's the worst booze you can drink from a hormonal standpoint. You'll be shedding lb's like nothing

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I'm 100% straight edge minus some drinking, weed and mushrooms. You make a couple caveats and it's super easy.
    haha
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    *The First*

Not every month, but some months i'm sure I have hit that. I thought I was exaggerating, but after some analysis, it may not been as far off as I was intending. I'm sure I have a lot of months where I break 50 anyway. It doesn't sound very healthy when I type it out. Probably not a bad idea for me to take a break.
    Yeah, I guess that's a long way from impossible to hit triple digits. Assume a 4-week month with 6 on Fridays and 7 on Saturdays covers 52. 2-3 every other day brings you to 100.
    Or, if you dare to have lunch beer and carry through, now you might only have 4-5 on Friday but 8-10 Saturday and maybe even another 6 on Sunday. What's that? Fuck! That's 76 right there! 16 regular days left to find a hole for another 24 is only a pint per day.

I'm sure I've done something like that but I know the empties don't stack up anywhere near that rate, so it's nowhere near that consistent.

LoL, empties! Did I tell that story about being scared to go to the bottle depot earlier in CoVid? Basically, we were totally due for a bottle depot trip in early March and then when the shit hit the fan, that was the last fucking place on earth I was going. Beer was still flowing though, Holy shit! Finally, I had friends visiting who drove their truck and I was ready to tear the bandaid off. I think it was August or maybe Sept, but anyway, loaded the truck up and I keep all the cans rinsed and in flats so it's quicker & cleaner to go through the stinky ordeal. Anyway, I think it was $136 in empties! Definitely a few pop cans & soda water in the mix along with milk, OJ and those tiny yogurt drink things that kids like, but there was a shit pile of beer. That felt good to clear that floor space in the garage, LoL! The flats were piled up in stacks about 7.5' high. I think there were 30+ flats of cans.
    Crazy. Sure glad they never fell over. I'd be like Principal Skinner!
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 02-06-2021 at 12:04 AM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Even though dry Jan is over I've been generally sticking to the non-alcoholic beers for the first week of Feb. I've tried half a dozen now and I'd say 3 were shit, 2 are good, 1 is passable.

Either way, I'm trying to stick to the good/passable ones rather than real beer when I can now, with the occasional quality beer as an irregular treat.

Good for you man! I am still going strong a week past my goal and not at all disappointed!

My Ride
    *The First*

To partially quote Dean Martin,
    "I feel sorry for myself that this is as good as I'm going to feel, all day."

Name:  Screenshot_20210206-100355_Firefox.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  110.3 KB

My Ride
    *The First*

Did we pick a good month to do this because it's negative 40 billion out? It doesn't feel like it. I feel like I went camping and it's raining like balls 24-7 so all there really is to do is sit in the camper or tent and drink. But I'm not.
    Now someone bought one of those bags of Mini Eggs that like kilograms big... So good, but so hard not to eat 9 "servings" of them!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Myself I had two criteria. 1) no trips planned and 2) a short month. February fit that.

My Ride
    *The First*

So we're like two weeks into this now. I guess a little more. Weight loss? Not even an ounce. Literally zero ounces.
    This seems like bull shit, but also feeds another interesting theory. On one hand, I think I lost about 4 pounds, maybe 6 when I did this for a month last year (might have been year before - whatever). On the other hand, I think alcohol calories are not the same for humans as other food calories. This may be the best argument against "calories in = calories out, Bro" arguments. Why aren't alcoholics like the fattest people you've ever laid eyes on? Seriously. I can never find consistent info on calories in liquor, but I think 100 Calories per 1.5oz of 40% liquor sounds reasonable. Lots of drunks are putting down 1,000-2,000 Calories from alcohol daily, plus they still eat. Shouldn't they be 777 pounds?! 777kg?!

What about me and ES? Let's say we've shaved 300 Calories/day out and I'm not losing any weight. I believe it turns out humans are not Bomb Calorimeters and weight loss from dieting is more complex than counting calories.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm eating more for sure. Partly (I tell myself) because of the cold snap, partly because of some work related stress, and partly (I'm sure) as a reaction to using up willpower elsewhere.

Played poker Saturday night till 2:15am online with my bros. That's a little tedious after a while without the substance abuse aspect.

My Ride
    *The First*

I'm eating more for sure. Partly (I tell myself) because of the cold snap, partly because of some work related stress, and partly (I'm sure) as a reaction to using up willpower elsewhere.

Played poker Saturday night till 2:15am online with my bros. That's a little tedious after a while without the substance abuse aspect.
    I did ok talking to some drunkards on Zoom or whatever for awhile Saturday night. I guess that's promising.
    I found myself near Craft yesterday and I haven't been there in like a year and I love splitting their 20-Napkin Burger for lunch, so I was thinking about falling off that wagon to swallow some People Skills with a tasty burger but chickened out.

Keep at it boys! I am still 100% intoxicant free in 2021 and I am not displeased in the least. As much as I love the flavours of my scotch and red wine, I am not missing the other boozy aspects (ie the buzz) at all. I sleep easier and more soundly than before and my heartburn is virtually non-existent. I am sticking to eating IF in 16/8 cycles but I am not avoiding carbs in general and eat the norm like sandwiches, wraps, meats, salads, pasta etc but I am trying to avoid processed sweets. I eat a small handful of dates almost daily which has a fair bit of sugars I know but they are natural and contribute other definite benefits. I will even eat a burger and fries maybe once every week or two if I am in the city. I am not shedding weight like crazy but I am down double digits over the last 6/7 weeks and am still very slowly creeping the right direction without craving hard at all which is great!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast