Quantcast
2022 Subaru BRZ - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 2022 Subaru BRZ

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn. I was gonna check it out, but doesn’t sound like it’ll work.
    If you have a long torso I doubt it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    I am 6’2”.

I fit “ok” in my 13 but headroom could be slightly better.
    Perfect, thanks. I look forward to giving it a go.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    My wife ordered a 2022 BRZ, I think I'm looking forward to it more than she is. I fit in the one the dealer in Saskatoon had @ 6'0, I have a 31" inseam, shorter legs than average by an inch or so. I wouldn't call it spacious, but I did fit well enough. I fit in the 2022 BRZ/86 better than I did in the new Miata with the hardtop retractable roof. Seat goes back a lot farther than the Miata's too. Still looking for a replacement for her LC500 when the lease is up, but we're going to lease the BRZ for an inexpensive 2nd summer car for 2 years and see how it goes.
    I'm going to make it a fun game to watch for these cars until I find you for a spotted pic haha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

These cars seem so much better than the original.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2REV View Post
    Curious - how tall are both of you? The 86 is on my short list but I have yet to sit in one, I'm 5'11.
    6"1 not freakishly tall but 32" inseam. Long torso. Everyone says, just put the seat back further. That doesn't solve the issue if the majority of your height isn't in your legs
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 12-31-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    These cars seem so much better than the original.
    they make it easy to upgrade. From what I read a lot of the parts just swap over from gen to gen (suspension, header etc). I'm liking this car more and more

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    they make it easy to upgrade. From what I read a lot of the parts just swap over from gen to gen (suspension, header etc). I'm liking this car more and more
    Awesome. We need more cars like this, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I'm going to make it a fun game to watch for these cars until I find you for a spotted pic haha
    Hah. I thought it was a Beyonder possibly that was trying to take pics of us in our LC500 in Sept in Calgary when we were back home for a weekend. Guy was very determined to get pics, maybe it was the rarity of the color of our car, dunno, just thought it was odd and possibly a case of us ending up in the "spotted" threads someplace.

Anyhow, we'll be the woman with blonde hair and guy with no hair in the dark grey BRZ. I'm really, really looking forward to this car, as already stated, we need MORE cars like this one - a really fair price, fantastic lease rates right now considering, and most of all a great experience to drive. Piles and piles of options so far as upgrades/mods go too for the current models, and lots of 2022 stuff on the way. Being a leased car, I won't mess with this one at first, but if we really love it, we'll keep it and then put a few things on it like exhaust/suspension stuff. It'll be interesting to see how the 2022 models take to boosting, I know a couple guys with both a super and turbo charger on their 2018 86s, and doing so is not without it's issues. So we'll see.

Speed, numbers, etc, is what motivated me for a long time when buying vehicles and bikes, but now that I'm closer to 50 than 40, my preferential metrics have drastically changed. Fast is fine, but I'll take great sound, and a great experience - something you can't quite put your finger on, but you love. The BRZ does this for me, the missus as well, it's her decision to try one of these things out, and I've been interested in them since the FRS/86/BRZ early days. I only got to spend a short time in one of the new ones, but I'm sold, big time. Same sort of feeling I got the first time we test drove the LC500 - the sound, and overall ambience of the car is something special IMO. Still can't decide what to replace it with when the lease is up, might even end up with a new one, who knows. But the BRZ is going to be a blast for very little cost, again, especially considering the bizarro world market.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 01-03-2022 at 12:13 AM.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    If you have a long torso I doubt it will work.
    If you can fit into the GR86, you going with the HKS s'charger?
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    If you can fit into the GR86, you going with the HKS s'charger?
    I’d probably keep it NA after owning a supercharged BRZ and NA FRS. I prefer to remove weight than add power on these cars for my use.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Hah. I thought it was a Beyonder possibly that was trying to take pics of us in our LC500 in Sept in Calgary when we were back home for a weekend. Guy was very determined to get pics, maybe it was the rarity of the color of our car, dunno, just thought it was odd and possibly a case of us ending up in the "spotted" threads someplace.

Anyhow, we'll be the woman with blonde hair and guy with no hair in the dark grey BRZ. I'm really, really looking forward to this car, as already stated, we need MORE cars like this one - a really fair price, fantastic lease rates right now considering, and most of all a great experience to drive. Piles and piles of options so far as upgrades/mods go too for the current models, and lots of 2022 stuff on the way. Being a leased car, I won't mess with this one at first, but if we really love it, we'll keep it and then put a few things on it like exhaust/suspension stuff. It'll be interesting to see how the 2022 models take to boosting, I know a couple guys with both a super and turbo charger on their 2018 86s, and doing so is not without it's issues. So we'll see.

Speed, numbers, etc, is what motivated me for a long time when buying vehicles and bikes, but now that I'm closer to 50 than 40, my preferential metrics have drastically changed. Fast is fine, but I'll take great sound, and a great experience - something you can't quite put your finger on, but you love. The BRZ does this for me, the missus as well, it's her decision to try one of these things out, and I've been interested in them since the FRS/86/BRZ early days. I only got to spend a short time in one of the new ones, but I'm sold, big time. Same sort of feeling I got the first time we test drove the LC500 - the sound, and overall ambience of the car is something special IMO. Still can't decide what to replace it with when the lease is up, might even end up with a new one, who knows. But the BRZ is going to be a blast for very little cost, again, especially considering the bizarro world market.
    Does the plate on your LC500 say “SUPERCR”?
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    V8s

My dad has an LC500 and a miata for similar reasons haha.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Time for some copy and pasta from FT86club of some investigation I did tonight:

“Alright I went to two dealers and took measurements this evening. I also brought a short friend to get a subjective view and verify measurements. We will start with my 13 FRS with stock seats and rails. With the seat at the lowest setting, seat back 20.5” from the steering wheel bottom with the column out and up all the way, there is 37.75” between the bottom back seat cushion centre to the headliner. Next we looked at a 22 Base BRZ Automatic with Eyesight, with again the seat all the way down, the column all the way out and up, and 20.5” from the bottom of the steering wheel to the seat back we measured 37.0”. This is where it gets interesting, next we looked at a 22 Base BRZ Manual and again with the column all the way out and up, seat back 20.5” from the bottom of the steering wheel and the seat cranked all the way down, we measured 37.5” from bottom back seat cushion centre to headliner. Previously I had only had the chance to sit in the automatic car 3 times so this was a big discovery for me.

Subjectively my friend agreed that there was a very noticeable difference in headroom between the 22 automatic car and my 2013 both him sitting in it and placing his hand above his head, and visually looking at my head when I sat in both cars. He also agreed there is a very small but still noticeable 1/4” minimum difference between the 13 and 22 manual cars.“

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Good info.

I’ll add (as torso long), sit in the car in the morning.

At night you’ll always have more room as the spine compresses. If you fit barely in the AM, should be okay later in the day.

First world tall and handsome problems.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Subaru WRX

I was the short friend who went with Twin_Cam_Turbo, and other subtle differences included how in the manual his knee didn't sweep as close and hit the plastic of the steering column compared to in the automatic. The trunk opening is a different shape and a bit more narrow than the older gen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Does the plate on your LC500 say “SUPERCR”?
    Hah, no. Even if I someday own a "supercar", I'd never get some a lame plate.

Twin cam, this spring once we get our BRZ and zip to Calgary with it, wanna maybe meet up and do some comparisons with your car? It'd be interesting to see them in person side by side and do some more of your interesting measurements/etc.

Interesting old YT video on this subject. The driver is about an inch taller than I am, and his front passenger is 6'0, around my height but a smaller build than me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2goyftpdPk
    Last edited by Gman.45; 01-05-2022 at 11:55 AM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Twin cam, this spring once we get our BRZ and zip to Calgary with it, wanna maybe meet up and do some comparisons with your car? It'd be interesting to see them in person side by side and do some more of your interesting measurements/etc.

Interesting old YT video on this subject. The driver is about an inch taller than I am, and his front passenger is 6'0, around my height but a smaller build than me.

Sure sounds good.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Myself in my wagon and 89Coupe in his M5 had a run in with an LC500 last spring. Your description of a bald dude and blonde chick fit the description of the two in the car.
    I like neat cars.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4