Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 326 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 326 of 985 FirstFirst ... 316 325 326 327 336 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,520 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lots of places that fill your own growler.
    Maybe its not a small town thing then.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...osts-1.4963210
    Feds fast-tracking $2.2B in infrastructure funds to help cities cover COVID-19 costs

Attachment 91874

My Ride
    Bicycle

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Attachment 91869
    Seen in Calgary... South Calgary around Mackenzie
    C.C.
    Pull down that facemask and
    TALK TO ME!
    Yeah!!!

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

So now that things are starting to move a little bit again I'm having more & more conversations with people that have come out of hiding and some of the attitudes are...interesting to say the least. While discussing this today I did some research on the stats for Canada and found something interesting. 64% of positive cases were people under the age of 60 but 97%...97% of deaths are over the age of 60 with 72% being over age 80. People in the workforce (age 60 and under) only accounted for 3% of the deaths. So basically an exponentially larger threat to Grandma and Grandpa than literally everyone else. I suspect these same rations hold true for death by influenza and pneumonia but for some reason this really caught me off guard.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    So now that things are starting to move a little bit again I'm having more & more conversations with people that have come out of hiding and some of the attitudes are...interesting to say the least. While discussing this today I did some research on the stats for Canada and found something interesting. 64% of positive cases were people under the age of 60 but 97%...97% of deaths are over the age of 60 with 72% being over age 80. People in the workforce (age 60 and under) only accounted for 3% of the deaths. So basically an exponentially larger threat to Grandma and Grandpa than literally everyone else. I suspect these same rations hold true for death by influenza and pneumonia but for some reason this really caught me off guard.
    And then to top it off - how many of the 97% above 60, had preexisting conditions that made things worse? I'd guess probably 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    And then to top it off - how many of the 97% above 60, had preexisting conditions that made things worse? I'd guess probably 50%.
    One of my good clients who is a high up doctor of internal medicine here in Calgary (and will remain nameless lol) and specializes in infectious diseases came in Friday last week. No mask on or anything and I asked him what is the straight goods on all this because all we hear is propaganda from both sides. He just smiled and said to relax and there really is nothing to worry about. He said they are basically seeing all the same people that die every year from the flu are the same people dying from covid and virtually all of the few cases of younger people that the media focused on had pre-existing conditions. He said the bigger issues are coming from the people who are sick and dying from other things like cancer and are stuck in hospital without family to visit them etc and they get depressed and give up. He said the amount of death bed visits by skype is disgusting.

He said the same stuff about washing hands and don’t be a total idiot is all.

I believe him more than I believe anything else out there so take that for whatever you want, but I am comfortable.
    Last edited by tirebob; 06-05-2020 at 07:12 PM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    One of my good clients who is a high up doctor of internal medicine here in Calgary (and will remain nameless lol) and specializes in infectious diseases came in Friday last week. No mask on or anything and I asked him what is the straight goods on all this because all we hear is propaganda from both sides. He just smiled and said to relax and there really is nothing to worry about. He said they are basically seeing all the same people that die every year from the flu are the same people dying from covid and virtually all of the few cases of younger people that the media focused on had pre-existing conditions. He said the bigger issues are coming from the people who are sick and dying from other things like cancer and are stuck in hospital without family to visit them etc and they get depressed and give up. He said the amount of death bed visits by skype is disgusting.

I believe him more than I believe anything else out there so take that for whatever you want, but I am comfortable.
    All well and good, but what did he have to say about NY or Italy? Same people dying from flu and pneumonia?

I want to believe we’re overreacting (best case scenario).
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    All well and good, but what did he have to say about NY or Italy? Same people dying from flu and pneumonia?

I want to believe we’re overreacting (best case scenario).
    I didn’t ask him about cities. I asked him about covid in general.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    All well and good, but what did he have to say about NY or Italy?
    Population density alone should indicate they don’t represent a reasonable indicator of what it looks like here. I’m sure someone smarter than me can give a dozen reasons why it doesn’t make sense to compare either of those cases to what’s happening here.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Italians are disgusting and NYC has lots of Italians, so that 's why. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    But their food is the fucking bomb! Worth catching the ‘vid over imho...

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post

I have basically decided to simply hibernate and wait this thing to blow over. Maybe Covid goes away like Sars Idk

Does anyone know WTF is going on.

Only a few weeks ago they were still scaring ppl into social distancing or get a $1200 fine and drawing circles in the grass in the parks.

The next two weeks will be telling. Will there be a massive outbreak from the protests? If there's an outbreak - okay it was expected. If there isn't, then why were we quarantined for 2 months? Or is it simply being outside? The warmer weather? The masks? The gloves?

Every human life has value but at what cost? Every policy decision is gonna fk someone over.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    This has been pretty common knowledge for over a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    And how many of the under 60 crowd had pre-existing conditions, were smokers, or obese?

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    And how many of the under 60 crowd had pre-existing conditions, were smokers, or obese?
    Smokers are statistically under-represented in patients. That's why there's multiple studies occuring around the world on this.

There's some studies on cannabinoids too for the same reason.

french first phase testing on patients must have been promising since they started tests on healthcare workers as a prophylactic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationa...ising-data/amp

My Ride
    ute

We can almost just consider it a nursing home disease at this point. Maybe not in the future, but for now pretty much.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The effects of the protests in the US will interesting when that all shakes out. Tear gas has shown to cause respiratory distress immediately for 15-30 min, however the US Army had published findings that there are respiratory issues noted days after initial contact. Statistically it has hit the Black community harder than others, who have overwhelmingly been the majority out protesting.

It's encouraging that things in Canada are manageable. Several places across the world are still very much 'in the shit' dealing with covid.
    Ultracrepidarian

Italian Lives Matter you racist ass.

My Ride
    *The First*

I absolutely love using racist terms and knowing about their historian meaning. I only recently learned that the highly offensive term for Italians called "wop" originated because it stands for Without Papers. Apparently, many early Italian immigrants were somewhat known for arriving Without Papers, and that's the lineage of that epithet.
    #TheMoreYouKnow

Next lesson will be on why Serbians care not for being called "Gypsies".

All of this is ok, because as we all know, all "White people" are the same and there are no ethnic groups within them, hence, they have immunity to say preposterously racist things against each other, because reasons and white privilege.
    Just pretend WWII wasn't a thing, and it all makes sense.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You can offend nearly ANY Eastern European by calling them gypsies. Romanians, Albanians, Serbians....
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Don't piss off the Gypsies and Italians. They do that weird hand shaky, chin swipey curse thing. Next thing you know, there is something growing out of your ear.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Page 326 of 985 FirstFirst ... 316 325 326 327 336 ... LastLast