Quantcast
Divorce Probability Calculator! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Divorce Probability Calculator!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:20 AM.

I did the quiz answering the questions as I would have before I was married and got 6. I did it again answering them for my situation now assuming I meet someone who already has kids and got 123. I should just stop dating and save myself the trouble.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should always be looking for an upgrade
    Now you sound like MaxBoost!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My score was 144. Wife and I have been together 12 years. Still haven't found a better gal than her, guess I'll keep looking. I guess since I'm "in the demographic with the lowest long term success" I should be buying this insurance.

I redid the quiz with my wifes info and her score is only 94.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    That was a fucked up question... how is being forced to have sex anything other than rape? And why would it matter if it was premarital!?

I picture some religious nut case designing this quiz
    Was going to say, "brought to you by baptists for traditional families LLC"

Kinda disturbing because the idea that marital rape can occur is not one shared by most zealots, which is why the follow up question wasn't "have you ever forced marital sex"
    Last edited by J-hop; 09-12-2017 at 09:08 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Also not taken into account is people who's religion forbids divorce, and who thus stay in unhappy or abusive marriages.

Overall, it's a pretty weak analysis, but it's interesting anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

That test looks like it was put together by a 5 year old, what a mess. How did you guys decide on which state you are from?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I chose Montana for proximity.

Scored a 29 lol.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I chose Montana as well. 113? Wtf?

I'm wondering if race alone automatically puts you in a particular rating.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I got 137 same probability as SP. I chose California as it seems to be closer to alberta in terms of political climate. Anyway I didnt choose anything for religion and I reckon other than the religious question what may weight it is the arguing question. I should try it again and say never argue and see if it gives me a lower score. Its interesting it doesnt ask you much about money or sex which are the two leading causes of divorce (are they not?)

Did it again and chose montana, protestant, never argue, no drinking/drugs and still got 116.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 09-12-2017 at 10:49 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

My bet is that the whole thing is based off of some 1/2 ass'd study on divorce rates.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Lost all credibility at the income question... >$25k and >$50k.... come on, can't figure out > and <?!

Montana for proximity.. and a -3

Vengie, your score is -40 which puts you in the Very Low Probability category.

Congratulations. You're amongst a demographic of people that have the highest long term marriage success rate. What that means is that based on the factors that you indicated, and if there are no major changes in your lifestyle and that of your spouse, the chances that you will ever get divorced are far less than average. Does that mean that you'll NEVER, EVER get divorced? No, it simply means that based on the 20 factors we know have a significant impact on the outcome of marriage, you scored very well. However, sometimes people change over time and life has a way of creating unexpected turns in your path so insurance against the unexpected is always a wise choice if it's in your budget. Especially if the chances are high that insurance will pay off even bigger if you stay married. In any event, we wish you the best of luck!

You guys picking Montana. You've been to Montana right? You ever count how many C-classes or 3-Series you see when there? Nowhere close to the same lifestyle as Calgary. Probably closer if you pick California or Las Vegas. haha.

Divorce insurance is probably a better plan than getting sewer back up added to your home insurance.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    You guys picking Montana. You've been to Montana right? You ever count how many C-classes or 3-Series you see when there? Nowhere close to the same lifestyle as Calgary. Probably closer if you pick California or Las Vegas. haha.

Divorce insurance is probably a better plan than getting sewer back up added to your home insurance.
    All things equal, got a -4 for picking cali over Montana

My Ride
    This and that.

Did it again and got the same score but put in an email this time:

your score is -53 which puts you in the Very Low Probability category.

Congratulations. You're amongst a demographic of people that have the highest long term marriage success rate. What that means is that based on the factors that you indicated, and if there are no major changes in your lifestyle and that of your spouse, the chances that you will ever get divorced are far less than average. Does that mean that you'll NEVER, EVER get divorced? No, it simply means that based on the 20 factors we know have a significant impact on the outcome of marriage, you scored very well. However, sometimes people change over time and life has a way of creating unexpected turns in your path so insurance against the unexpected is always a wise choice if it's in your budget. Especially if the chances are high that insurance will pay off even bigger if you stay married. In any event, we wish you the best of luck!

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    However, sometimes people change over time and life has a way of creating unexpected turns in your path so insurance against the unexpected is always a wise choice if it's in your budget. Especially if the chances are high that insurance will pay off even bigger if you stay married.
    So sign up after you've already decided you're gonna divorce, profit?

My Ride
    G6

Lol I got 145... High score!

I think I attribute it to answering that stupid drug/alcohol question with "any illegal drug use" because I am more than an occasional drinker, and the other answers seemed weaker.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I'd say closest lifestyle-wise would be Washington State for us, so I picked that. Got -43.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Feruk View Post
    Lol I got 145... High score!

I think I attribute it to answering that stupid drug/alcohol question with "any illegal drug use" because I am more than an occasional drinker, and the other answers seemed weaker.
    I went through to see how high of a score I could get with answers I thought would increase the probability. Came out as 292

The news is not good. You're amongst a demographic of people that have the lowest long term marriage success rate. What that means is that based on the factors that you indicated, there are many things in your life that significantly contribute to divorce and very few, if any, factors that contribute to a long term successful marriage. Does that mean you should never get married because you're almost guaranteed to get divorced? Certainly not! Everyone is different and your circumstances may be completely different than someone else who scored much better than you. You may end up happily married forever after, but statistically, the odds are against you. However, now you know that based on the 20 factors we know have a significant impact on the outcome of marriage, you scored among the lowest level. That means that you likely have significant obstacles to overcome to ensure that your marriage stays healthy and strong. It will take a lot of effort on your part, but knowing in advance always helps. In your case, we very STRONGLY recommend that you adjust your budget to ensure that you can cover yourself against the unexpected. In any event, we wish you the best of luck!
    Last edited by jwslam; 09-12-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast