Quantcast
Insurance (Auto and Home) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance (Auto and Home)

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Default Insurance (Auto and Home)

I am currently shopping for insurance for both auto and home and I am receiving various quotes and the best one so far is from Pembridge.

Does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Call around, Touchstone insurance is highly recommended around here. You can also try kanetix.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Touchstone is worth a call. I've been happy with them. They are a brokerage, so they have access to more than one insurer usually. The advice you will get is second to none as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by jaylo View Post
    I am currently shopping for insurance for both auto and home and I am receiving various quotes and the best one so far is from Pembridge.

Does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks.

I am with Touchstone Insurance and they switched me from Intact to Pembridge (Division of All-State) this year in May. I did save $1400 on my Home and Auto ($1000 w/ Auto, $400 with Home) with them but heres the kicker.

My car insurance renewal was in May. I haven't gotten any bill/paid for anything or my pink slips yet from them. I've been assured I am covered and been getting temporary pink slips every month from Touchstone though. Apparantly Pembridge they are behind in processing renewals but going on 3 months now...?

Pembridge did handle my Hit and Run claim very smoothly and fast and easy so no complaints on that side.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-31-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

I went through MaskedBandit and he saved me ~40% on home/auto compared to TD. He also answers all my annoying questions I'd definitely suggesting getting a quote from him. The actual provider I am with is Intact via his brokerage.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Also with Touchstone using Intact for tentant, rental and auto insurance. Bill is always very helpful and prices for me have been great.
    Ultracrepidarian

I did a quote on touchstones website years a go but didn't get a reply

My Ride

Can anyone chime in on this? Almost 3 months and still waiting on my renewal pink slips and bill for my car insurance for the year from Pembridge.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-31-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Trucks

My Pembridge papers came a month or slightly less before the due date. (2 weeks ago) I pay online and I think you can print your own temporary slips, if needed.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That's ridiculous. I get temp slips same or next business day via email, and real slips by mail in two weeks at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2008 Z06

I switched from CRS (intact) to touchstone but it was a mistake. The broker, Darren Roy, was not polite and seemed annoyed when I had questions. He didn't seem organised either.
    I consolidated everything (5 cars, 2 snowmobiles, house, renter insurance) back to CRS even though I feel I'm over paying since CRS seems to have better customer service and is organised.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Man, speaking of insurance, they sure are cranking up the rates this year. Home went up 21% and auto went up 16% despite having no claims. It's got to the point I have to have my broker shop around every single year just to avoid paying extra hundreds of dollars.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Ekliptix View Post
    I switched from CRS (intact) to touchstone but it was a mistake. The broker, Darren Roy, was not polite and seemed annoyed when I had questions. He didn't seem organised either.
    I consolidated everything (5 cars, 2 snowmobiles, house, renter insurance) back to CRS even though I feel I'm over paying since CRS seems to have better customer service and is organised.
    Yeah...I feel you. Darren also handles my account. At first, he was amazing and quick to respond back to me via emails/calls and things were great. Recently, it seems like hes too busy/overworked now maybe from switching all these policys, had a few instances where I emailed, no response so had to call in to confirm as my home policy I hadn't received any bill yet from Pembridge and wanted to make sure I had a policy in place before Intact's policy expired. Bill due date was May 20, I received the bill in the mail on May 22. But yeah don't know whats going on so I'll give Darren the benefit of the doubt that hes too busy.

But back to my car policy, yeah still waiting. I email Darren every month when the temp slips are expiring and keep getting new ones and have been assured I'm covered 100% and policy is in place. I just want my pink slips and to pay my bill. I'm not sure theres even anywhere to call in to talk to someone since my insurance is from a broker. Yes I'm saving money, but the run around is kinda crazy. And if my rates go up from my not at fault hit and run claim, I'm leaving Pembridge for sure.

@Masked Bandit . Can you chime in on this?
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-22-2018 at 09:04 AM.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I'm with touchstone as well and for me they have been great, Bill has always responded to all my stupid questions and I have pretty much always dealt with him over email. Any insight as to why they are switching away from Intact? Kind of curious, I had my first claim ever with Intact last year (not at fault, got hit) and everything was handled very nicely, so I don't have much negative to say about Intact, so would be curious why the switch. My renewal isn't anytime soon so didn't even know they were switching people around.

My Ride
    V8s

+1 for Bill @ Touchstone. He's always been great to deal with and is more than happy to answer lots of questions.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    I'm with touchstone as well and for me they have been great, Bill has always responded to all my stupid questions and I have pretty much always dealt with him over email. Any insight as to why they are switching away from Intact? Kind of curious, I had my first claim ever with Intact last year (not at fault, got hit) and everything was handled very nicely, so I don't have much negative to say about Intact, so would be curious why the switch. My renewal isn't anytime soon so didn't even know they were switching people around.
    My policy was switched to Pembridge as Darren shopped around and Pembridge was the cheapest. So I applaud him for saving money but to be this behind in processing a policy is terrible. *Not Darrens fault, this is Pembridge grievance*

Shelley is my broker at Touchstone and she has been amazing even with Intact jacking up premiums 20-30% with no fault or claims for that year. I am guessing that is why they are switching people around if they are able to find you a better rate.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Hey guys, I can't really get in to details at the moment as I'm typing this on my phone while on vacation. I will say quickly though that Pembridge is overwhelmed with new clients due to their recent shift to aggressive pricing. I'll check in again next week when I'm back. Cheers everyone!
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Yeah...I feel you. Darren also handles my account. At first, he was amazing and quick to respond back to me via emails/calls and things were great. Recently, it seems like hes too busy/overworked now maybe from switching all these policys, had a few instances where I emailed, no response so had to call in to confirm as my home policy I hadn't received any bill yet from Pembridge and wanted to make sure I had a policy in place before Intact's policy expired. Bill due date was May 20, I received the bill in the mail on May 22. But yeah don't know whats going on so I'll give Darren the benefit of the doubt that hes too busy.

But back to my car policy, yeah still waiting. I email Darren every month when the temp slips are expiring and keep getting new ones and have been assured I'm covered 100% and policy is in place. I just want my pink slips and to pay my bill. I'm not sure theres even anywhere to call in to talk to someone since my insurance is from a broker. Yes I'm saving money, but the run around is kinda crazy. And if my rates go up from my not at fault hit and run claim, I'm leaving Pembridge for sure.

@Masked Bandit . Can you chime in on this?
    I couldn't get a call back from Darren when I tried a few years ago, but tried Bill directly in 2016 when we switched, and he's been great.

Weird I have been dealing with Darren for about 5 or so years now and he has always been great with me on the phone/quick e-mail. My last communication was in January when I inquired why Intact bumped both my Auto and home ~10% each when my record has been very clean. He responded in a few hours so unless something has changed since then.

I'm sure I will be in touch with him later this year to see about that, but hoping it has been the same positive experience I have always had.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast