Quantcast
Is The Coronavirus Impacting Your Travel Decisions? - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Is The Corona Virus Impacting Your Decisions to Travel?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have delayed trips due to concerns with the virus.

26 34.21%
  • No, I am proceeding as planned with all travel.

33 43.42%
  • Yes, but I will take precautions and still go.

17 22.37%
  • The Corona threat is all a bunch of hogwash.

6 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 100 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Is The Coronavirus Impacting Your Travel Decisions?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Everyone will be in a pod so only first class prices. Flights to Asia suck already; imagine wearing a mask the whole time.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone will be in a pod so only first class prices. Flights to Asia suck already; imagine wearing a mask the whole time.
    Wouldn't be terrible if its 1 person per row

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Nice note from westjet:
    Quote Originally Posted by WestJet email
    We have automatically extended the validity period of all your available companion vouchers to January 31, 2021. This includes those that were previously extended to June 2020.
    Companion vouchers that were redeemed for travel between March 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021, where travel is cancelled, will be reinstated to your account and extended to January 31, 2021 (unless the original expiry date is later). Extensions will be processed within 14 days of cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Oooof sleepers all over would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Wouldn't be terrible if its 1 person per row

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Update time:

Background: We had booked a flight to Germany at the beginning of Feb for May 18 to June 6 Travel dates. I booked the tickets with my TD Infinite CC for mom and I.
    Within days of booking the tickets, I started received revised itinerary emails, departure times being changed by 20-30 minutes. Anywho, COVID happens and our flights end up being changed another dozen times up until now and finally cancelled.

4 calls to AC requesting a refund with no luck, credit was offered but never accepted. Travel insurance would only cover my ticket but not my moms as she's not considered a companion/spouse/child or authorized user on my card. A charge back was an option but only after the flight had departed which is not until next week.

On April 30th I decided to give it one last try and call AC again requesting a refund ($2600+), was on hold for about 20 minutes and got through to a rep. I told her I would like a refund for the flight that was cancelled by AC. She looked into it and within minutes told me I was eligible for a full refund as my flight has been changed before March 19th (I guess that's when AC changed their refund policy to credits). Several minutes later my email inbox blew up with refund emails (2 flights plus 3 seats per person refund receipts). I was told that it would take 1-2 weeks to see it on my CC as their refund department is backed up right now. On Friday, May 8th i received the full amount refunded back on to my CC. Not sure why the previous 4 reps were not able to look into my refund but I am glad I decided to call one last time and get my money back instead of a credit. If you're flight has been changed prior to March 19th, give the airline another call and request a refund.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

2.5hrs on hold with visa today. Initiated a chargeback. Will be temporary until westjet can rebuttal. But I've tried to cancel my credits a few times. That's the hang up right now.
    I'll try calling again to cancel the credits.
    This is the same reason why I can't go through travel insurance. They require I get in writing that I cancelled my flight credit.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Update to my saga... got an email from WestJet confirming they have deposited 365$ into my travel bank. Original cost paid for the flight was 1096$ going to call WestJet to see what's up and re affirm I don't want a travel credit. Why only 365 credit? No word from Rogers MasterCard on the charge back yet.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

WJ about 3 weeks after I initiated the chargeback dropped the full fare worth of credits into my travel bank, no temporary credit from RBC MC yet either (said 3-4weeks to see it)... initially WJ said it would be WJ dollars and travel bank combo, so that’s odd too. Already sent all docs to RBC they requested so I’m not wasting anymore time on this

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    Update to my saga... got an email from WestJet confirming they have deposited 365$ into my travel bank. Original cost paid for the flight was 1096$ going to call WestJet to see what's up and re affirm I don't want a travel credit. Why only 365 credit? No word from Rogers MasterCard on the charge back yet.
    Im going to do the chargeback aswell. But I have a feeling they will pull the same stunt. They canceled my outbound flight to Toronto but kept the return. I can't go on the return flight if I cant even fly there.
    They keep asking me to cancel to get the travel credit. But I ve explained to them I was not the one that cancelled. The purposely are not acknowledging that.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

So I went though the motions of a call back again. They did not call back. So I did it again and I got a call back that evening.
    I went thought the motions of having the case escalated. I got a call the next day, this time the person was more polite. I requested again for a email/letter specifically stating WestJet Cancelled the flight. After I got the email, I called my CC company and requested the chargeback. They wanted that email/letter forwarded to them.
    I got a refund on my credit card.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Has anyone had work travel to the USA, or have any planned? Is there that quarantine thing when you get home?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    WJ about 3 weeks after I initiated the chargeback dropped the full fare worth of credits into my travel bank, no temporary credit from RBC MC yet either (said 3-4weeks to see it)... initially WJ said it would be WJ dollars and travel bank combo, so that’s odd too. Already sent all docs to RBC they requested so I’m not wasting anymore time on this
    Temp credit showed up, still have money in the travel bank

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Has anyone had work travel to the USA, or have any planned? Is there that quarantine thing when you get home?
    Everyone has to quarantine.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Parents rebooked their Oct 20 vacation for Oct 21.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Parents rebooked their Oct 20 vacation for Oct 21.
    Just one day later?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Everyone has to quarantine.
    Yeah, figured.

My Ride
    *The First*

Prince Edward Island can eat shit if they think they have a right to force a Canadian citizen who owns property in their province to quarantine for 14 days if they dare to go there.
    They also shouldn't be allowed to maintain their "state of emergency" when they currently have ZERO active cases. A peak of 27 with 27 recoveries?!? You're adorable!

I'll see all three dozen of their citizens and 4 Members of Parliament on the bridge for a collective blow job if they want to stop me from going there at some point this summer.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

My trip to Japan with AC got canceled...in October...seems premature given that they are talking about opening up and increasing service...wtf. My options are to take a hit for $400 and get refund for rest.....or take full amount for 24 month credit with some bullshit limitations. I did buy with a World Elite Credit mastercard so I think I have some insurance. Is it worth calling them about this? Since I have 5 months before the flight I don't want to do anything yet....as they say the credit is 24 month from date you cancel....even though they canceled..but make you go through the motions.

What is the best approach here? I haven't been following up since I thought October would be good to go...yet they canceled already...citing COVID 19

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Prince Edward Island can eat shit if they think they have a right to force a Canadian citizen who owns property in their province to quarantine for 14 days if they dare to go there.
    They also shouldn't be allowed to maintain their "state of emergency" when they currently have ZERO active cases. A peak of 27 with 27 recoveries?!? You're adorable!

I'll see all three dozen of their citizens and 4 Members of Parliament on the bridge for a collective blow job if they want to stop me from going there at some point this summer.
    This message is approved by @Toilet_X

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    My trip to Japan with AC got canceled...in October...seems premature given that they are talking about opening up and increasing service...wtf. My options are to take a hit for $400 and get refund for rest.....or take full amount for 24 month credit with some bullshit limitations. I did buy with a World Elite Credit mastercard so I think I have some insurance. Is it worth calling them about this? Since I have 5 months before the flight I don't want to do anything yet....as they say the credit is 24 month from date you cancel....even though they canceled..but make you go through the motions.

What is the best approach here? I haven't been following up since I thought October would be good to go...yet they canceled already...citing COVID 19
    What do you mean by “taking a hit”? Why aren’t you getting full monetary refund?

if your not getting a refund you should be requesting a charge back on your Visa. The facebook group air passenger rights(canada) has everything you need for demanding your money back.

I'm surprised so many people are willing to take a credit or a loss on their cancelled flights.

Page 25 of 100 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast