Quantcast
Las Vegas Night Life - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Night Life

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. Most people using these have nothing at all to do with this. I know many people who are active on social media. I know none of them getting paid, or even interested in being paid, or even considering using their profile for marketing. I get people who use it to earn money, but that isn't most people, and it's those ones that I don't get.
    Oh I gotcha. I don't get it either these girls and stuff that think it is some sort of celebrity status to have 5000 followers just for the sake of it.

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    I’m guessing you don’t like Michelin star restaurants
    correct, not much interest in those, but I don't appreciate food like most people, and think you get diminishing returns after a certain price point

or high end hotels
    I'm not sure what you consider high end hotels, but I like clean hotels, and while I do like getting free upgrades (I get them often, due to frequent work travel and loyalty status) I would never pay extra for it. I've stayed in some of the high end suites in vegas (like the "hangover" suite, playboy suite) and sure it was neat, but I don't understand paying for it unless you're hosting a party or something (as opposed to pretending to be important).

or anything that costs money for a unique experience?
    now that is a different story. Something like $6k on heli skiing, or $15k to go to Antarctica, that kind of thing I totally get. Or even people who spent $250k to get a ticket to go to space. That's buying a unique experience. But paying people to pretend to give a damn about me? Is there more to it than that that I'm missing?

I occasionally pay for first class when it's only a modest upgrade, mostly just for the room, and I find it super weird when the flight crew kisses your ass there too.

I gather that you either really enjoy the experience, or don't give a shit about spending money, or maybe a bit of both.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

correct, not much interest in those, but I don't appreciate food like most people, and think you get diminishing returns after a certain price point

I'm not sure what you consider high end hotels, but I like clean hotels, and while I do like getting free upgrades (I get them often, due to frequent work travel and loyalty status) I would never pay extra for it. I've stayed in some of the high end suites in vegas (like the "hangover" suite, playboy suite) and sure it was neat, but I don't understand paying for it unless you're hosting a party or something (as opposed to pretending to be important).

now that is a different story. Something like $6k on heli skiing, or $15k to go to Antarctica, that kind of thing I totally get. Or even people who spent $250k to get a ticket to go to space. That's buying a unique experience. But paying people to pretend to give a damn about me? Is there more to it than that that I'm missing?

I occasionally pay for first class when it's only a modest upgrade, mostly just for the room, and I find it super weird when the flight crew kisses your ass there too.

I gather that you either really enjoy the experience, or don't give a shit about spending money, or maybe a bit of both.
    As long as you are happy that’s all that matters.

Everyone enjoys different things.

No. Most people using these have nothing at all to do with this. I know many people who are active on social media. I know none of them getting paid, or even interested in being paid, or even considering using their profile for marketing. I get people who use it to earn money, but that isn't most people, and it's those ones that I don't get.
    Those people you know are the ones who probably follow at least 1 person getting paid/earning money/building a brand.

My Ride
    NC1

As long as you are happy that’s all that matters.

Everyone enjoys different things.
    Humans seem to have a hard time understanding this.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I’m guessing you don’t like Michelin star restaurants, or high end hotels, or anything that costs money for a unique experience?
    you don't need to spend money for a unique experience.

$14 for a meal here: https://favy-jp.com/topics/790

Michelin star rated restaurant that makes you wait outside in line like peasant. haha. It was really good and worth the wait for me. But that might not be everyone's cup of tea. My mother and my mother in law certainly hated it. They said $14 is too much for ichiban noodles. haha

For me, a unique experience is more about who you are with, rather than what you are doing and how much it cost. Don't get me wrong, I like nice things. Nice things don't necessarily make the experience better.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Haters gonna hate

No truer words have been spoken

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    you don't need to spend money for a unique experience.

$14 for a meal here: https://favy-jp.com/topics/790

Michelin star rated restaurant that makes you wait outside in line like peasant. haha. It was really good and worth the wait for me. But that might not be everyone's cup of tea. My mother and my mother in law certainly hated it. They said $14 is too much for ichiban noodles. haha

For me, a unique experience is more about who you are with, rather than what you are doing and how much it cost. Don't get me wrong, I like nice things. Nice things don't necessarily make the experience better.
    Some people like ichiban, some people like Foie gras, everyone is different.

Reservations, never had to wait.

Absolutely. Just so happens the experiences we want in Vegas cost a lot haha.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

You'll enjoy life more by focusing on your own shit instead of criticizing other people.

But paying people to pretend to give a damn about me? Is there more to it than that that I'm missing?
    As it's been mentioned numerous times now. Yes there is something you're missing. Since the price of going in and paying by the drink works out to about the same price, it's a lot nicer to have a spot to sit and not have elbows in your face every where. Not have to wait in line just to order a drink. Etc. It's a luxury service. It's especially great if you're in the bar to actually see some sort of performance or show. Because generally you're going to have a shitty view of things if you're not in prime seating with bottle service.

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    As it's been mentioned numerous times now. Yes there is something you're missing. Since the price of going in and paying by the drink works out to about the same price, it's a lot nicer to have a spot to sit and not have elbows in your face every where. Not have to wait in line just to order a drink. Etc. It's a luxury service. It's especially great if you're in the bar to actually see some sort of performance or show. Because generally you're going to have a shitty view of things if you're not in prime seating with bottle service.
    Ah, guess I missed that before. That makes total sense. I suppose it's like getting a big enough group to get a skybox at an arena when it isn't that much more than tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    You'll enjoy life more by focusing on your own shit instead of criticizing other people.
    Doubtful, I'm on here right now because I'm procrastinating my own shit due to how unenjoyable it is. Shitting on other people is way more enjoyable than powerpoint.

Kidding, kind of.

My Ride
    NC1

Ovie or Sid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Ah, guess I missed that before. That makes total sense. I suppose it's like getting a big enough group to get a skybox at an arena when it isn't that much more than tickets.

Doubtful, I'm on here right now because I'm procrastinating my own shit due to how unenjoyable it is. Shitting on other people is way more enjoyable than powerpoint.

Kidding, kind of.
    Also, at places like Spearmint Rhino, the hotter girls will be around bottle service more, because they assume you are there to spend money. The wife and I will just grab a bottle when we go, then she doesn't have to go walking around rounding up the lookers to bring them over for dances.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

After staying at Aria, I wouldn’t recommend it, just seemed too far from the action. Next year I will go back to Caesars.
    Seems like the most vibrant hotels are Bellagio and Caesar’s, the rest are just kind of meh.

After staying at Aria, I wouldn’t recommend it, just seemed too far from the action. Next year I will go back to Caesars.
    Seems like the most vibrant hotels are Bellagio and Caesar’s, the rest are just kind of meh.

Matter of perspective I suppose. I definitely wouldn't say that dead center of the strip is far from the action. But it depends on your idea of action. Bellagio is nice, and their breakfast buffet is amazing. But it's a retirement home of a hotel to walk around in. If Ceasars didn't have such a shitty rewards program compared to MLife, I'd probably try out staying there. I wouldn't say Ceasars has any more entertainment value than anywhere else though. Omnia is a fun club to party at, no food worthy of writing home about though in that hotel, Absinthe was a really good show and it's located there.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Matter of perspective I suppose. I definitely wouldn't say that dead center of the strip is far from the action. But it depends on your idea of action. Bellagio is nice, and their breakfast buffet is amazing. But it's a retirement home of a hotel to walk around in. If Ceasars didn't have such a shitty rewards program compared to MLife, I'd probably try out staying there. I wouldn't say Ceasars has any more entertainment value than anywhere else though. Omnia is a fun club to party at, no food worthy of writing home about though in that hotel, Absinthe was a really good show and it's located there.
    I just felt the atmosphere in general was much more lively. As you moved to other hotels the vibe became less.

Just my personal experience, I prefer high energy.

Nothing to do with restaurants, or entertainment, just the general atmosphere, the people.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Though it's "on the strip" it's like the backside of the block, so it really isn't. I personally like Vdara because it's away from the ruckus of the strip, but I did most of my gambling at Aria, so it was fine with me.

If I was doing more stuff on the strip, or with my non-degenerate friends, I'd stay somewhere closer like PH.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    If I was doing more stuff on the strip, or with my non-degenerate friends, I'd stay somewhere closer like PH.
    PH was a bit ghetto but looks like they renovated in 2017.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    PH was a bit ghetto but looks like they renovated in 2017.
    The whole east side of the strip is ghetto haha

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast