Quantcast
Flood insurance claims for RBC and AMA - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Flood insurance claims for RBC and AMA

Default Flood insurance claims for RBC and AMA

Did RBC Insurance and AMA have a change of policy in terms of covering those that were covered by overland insurance following the backlash they received? How does this apply to those that had tenant insurance especially how it pertains to displacement costs.

Have you spoken to either RBC Insurance or the AMA regarding this because if I was insured by either of them under a tenant insurance policy, then that would be my first step. If I didn't get what I thought was a satisfactory answer or if I still had some concerns especially considering what's been in the news, then I'd start looking elsewhere - possibly the city or your provincial MLA or an insurance industry ombudsman (if such a thing exists).
    Will fuck off, again.

I brought it up with RBC whom I'm insured with within the first few days while they were dealing with the backlash of how they were unhelpful - the response that I got was that it was flooding and there was no coverage for it. An acquaintance of mine who works for TD Insurance advised that the industry had eventually taken the stance and is dealing with it as it would for sewage back up, for which there is coverage.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by ee2k
    I brought it up with RBC whom I'm insured with within the first few days while they were dealing with the backlash of how they were unhelpful - the response that I got was that it was flooding and there was no coverage for it. An acquaintance of mine who works for TD Insurance advised that the industry had eventually taken the stance and is dealing with it as it would for sewage back up, for which there is coverage.
    I won't speak for TD / RBC / AMA but overland flood is not covered. Period. However if your sewer system backs up and you have purchased sewer back up coverage (we put it on every single property policy that goes out the door) then you SHOULD be fine. Where things went sideways with TD / RBC / AMA is they said the SBU was CAUSED, directly or indirectly by overland flooding therefore they weren't covering. None of the other mainstream companies (Intact, Aviva, Economical, etc.) pulled that shit. If you had SBU, you were covered.

On a side note, Intact insurance is estimating that they alone (not the entire industry) could spend upwards of $300,000,000 on Calgary alone and another $200,000,000 on Toronto. That's half a BILLION by one company in just two events.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

On a side note, Intact insurance is estimating that they alone (not the entire industry) could spend upwards of $300,000,000 on Calgary alone and another $200,000,000 on Toronto. That's half a BILLION by one company in just two events.
    Can you say Treaty Re-Negotiations? haha